11 trillion gallons of water

metalman

Reaction score
I suppose it's possible that, because the amount of water is now beyond what the reservoirs were designed for, they have made a bad situation worse but I'd be surprised.

Typically a Hurricane or Tropical depression moves on shore, dumps a lot of water, then breaks up, catches the jet stream and moves out of the area and the rest of the rainfall is spread out over several states

This storm is hardly moving, it was only moving at 3mph when it came ashore, and it's just staying in the same place

metalman

Reaction score
DIVX2I7XgAEiObk.jpg

Floodwaters in the the Addicks Reservoir, located about 19 miles west of downtown, went over the top of the 108-foot spillway for the first time in history

The level of water in Addicks Reservoir and neighboring Barker reservoir in Houston is so high the flood gages have themselves flooded

redrumloa

Reaction score
Probably you are not.

If so, good. I just know here in Florida the "South Florida Water Management District", backed by the US Army Corps Of Engineers, have made environmental issues far worse than just letting nature take it's course. But that could be a totally different issue.

redrumloa

Reaction score

metalman

Reaction score
Those wacky fundamentalists are using others' misery to take cheap shots again.

Professor Suggested Texans Deserve Hurricane Harvey for Supporting Trump

“I don’t believe in instant Karma but this kinda feels like it for Texas,” Ken Storey tweeted on Sunday, according to Campus Reform. “Hopefully this will help them realize the GOP doesn’t care about them.”

That's the Church Of George Soros And Latter-Day Libertards for you.

Shelia Jackson Lee has been the Representative for TX18 (central Houston ) since 1995
Central Houston is one of the areas hardest hit by the flooding

redrumloa

Reaction score
I really don't know if I should put this here, but I guess it is relevant. Other threads may be more appropriate... The Liberal Media are descending down on Texas like vultures wanting to pick at a carcass before the body is even cold.

On one side you have the Cajun Navy racing down to try saving as many people as possible. On the other side you have the Liberal Media bring NOTHING but cameras and microphones to try getting some anti-Trump footage to fit their narrative.

These are disgusting subhuman people.

redrumloa

Reaction score

redrumloa

Reaction score
Those wacky fundamentalists are using others' misery to take cheap shots again.

Professor Suggested Texans Deserve Hurricane Harvey for Supporting Trump

“I don’t believe in instant Karma but this kinda feels like it for Texas,” Ken Storey tweeted on Sunday, according to Campus Reform. “Hopefully this will help them realize the GOP doesn’t care about them.”

That's the Church Of George Soros And Latter-Day Libertards for you.

‘Charitable Humans’ Deletes Social Media after Refusing to Help ‘Any Red State’

Charitable Humans, self-described on LinkedIn as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization “dedicated to changing the world for the betterment of all living beings on planet Earth” has deleted its social media accounts after stating it would not help “any red state.”
“[L]et them clean up their own mess,” they tweeted.

GettyImages-840245628-640x480.jpg

ilwrath

Reaction score
Wow... If you need a new or used car in the near future, the time to buy is now. Prices will surge in the coming months.

Hmm. That's a very good point. I need an affordable truck. I was holding out another month or two for the dealerships to really get nervous about having 2017 models still sitting around. Might need to revise strategy.

Robert

Reaction score
Probably you are not.

A little more on this:
The reservoirs filled up for the first time ever during Harvey, forcing the US Army Corps of engineers to release water into bayous that were already flooded, worsening conditions downstream in central Houston. Dramatically, this occurred near the very height of the storm. It seems insane, but this was the best of several bad options. Had the Corps not done this, the dam walls might have failed, leading to a catastrophic release of a wall of water as much as 100 feet high.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Probably no one here local enough to attend, but will drop this here just in case.

21248323_10209853098268295_8183721196820494808_o.jpg

The local metal scene doing a show as a fundraiser.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Derrick Lewis = Hero

MMA Star Derrick Lewis Saves Man With Confederate Flag In Hurricane Harvey

In an interview with MMA Junkie, Lewis revealed that one of the families that he rescued included a father who deeply wanted to save his confederate flag. "I picked up one guy and his family, his wife ― he just kept apologizing to me, because all he really had was his clothes, and he wanted to take his confederate flag," Lewis said. "He wanted to take that with him, and he just apologized and said, 'Man, I'll sit in the back of your truck, man. I don't want to have my flag inside of your truck like this.' I said, 'Man, I’m not worried about that.'"

The athlete added that the man's wife was hitting him and telling him to leave it. But, Lewis didn't mind. "I don’t care about that," he added. "I live in Texas. It ain’t nothing new. I’ve been living in the South all my life, and it ain't nothing I hadn't seen before or discussed about. I don't care about that type of stuff. I just wanted to help him."

Robert

Reaction score
Robocall scumbags already target Hurricane Harvey victims
Swarms of fire ants now just the second-nastiest thing floating around Houston
With much of Houston, Texas, still under water from flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey, scammers are running robocall operations aimed at residents of the storm-ravaged area.

US trade watchdog the FTC on Thursday issued an alert after receiving reports of a "flood insurance" scam targeting those in and around the American city.