Angels and Demons Movie (Mini) Review

ltstanfo

Reaction score
Checked out the new film last night and I absolutely recommend seeing it.

Plot: The Illuminati are back and they want to blow up the Vatican.

The Good: The pace (action and suspense) in this movie is (IMO) much better than in the last Dan Brown film (which I also liked). The cast is solid (and international) and they play their parts well. Without giving much away, let me just say that the viewer is drawn into the picture quickly and you go through several twists and turns, many of which you don't see coming (at least I didn't).

The Bad: The story is a bit weak, although not terribly so. Brown's effort to link hard science with religion (and the battles that ensue as a result) doesn't work quite as well as his last book/movie. There is one scene at the end of the film (essentially the resolution) that I found to be "out of place" with regards to the rest of the film but that may just be me.

Summary: A solid, summer blockbuster. It certainly held my interest better than the latest Star Trek film. I found it to be worth evey penny I paid for a full price ticket plus popcorn and soda. This movie is a must see for the summer. Finally, this film easily stands on its own without need to see the last Brown film (although you would not understand the "jabs" against the leading character at the beginning). Go and enjoy! :banana:

Regards,
Ltstanfo

I saw it too. Not bad, I think I liked DaVinci code better but I'm probably in the minority there. The anti-matter bomb was a bit much and I'm not sure I liked the ending, but overall pretty good.

Still haven't seen Star Trek. Really looking forward to Terminator. Wolverine kinda sucked.

Back