Biden Gaffs (err... blunders) Yet Again

ltstanfo

Reaction score
This guy just doesn't know when to shut up! Way to go Joe!

:whack:

Regards,
Ltstanfo

This guy might possibly be the biggest IDIOT of a VP in the history of the country. I'm not a terribly religious man, but I may have to start getting on my knees to pray Obama stays healthy and safe. Biden is #2? :shock: Pelosi is #3? :shock: :shock:

redrumloa said:
I thought this bunker was common knowledge.

You are probably thinking of the retired Greenbrier.

http://www.greenbrier.com/site/bunker.aspx

No,no. I mean Cheney's bunker. All the construction and "national security" talk pretty much gave the game away. This rumour was going around from 2002. Technically, I guess, Biden ought not to have mentioned it (unless he's gone and had a new bunker built elsewhere), but it was not like it wasn't known about for years. In fact, Cheney was probably only upgrading something that had been there since the 70's. Even if it was never made explicit it's something you would expect as being in conformance with CoG plans.

yeah, we all know cheney was hiding in a bunker

i just love the spin on faux news :roflmao:

FluffyMcDeath said:
No,no. I mean Cheney's bunker. All the construction and "national security" talk pretty much gave the game away. This rumour was going around from 2002. Technically, I guess, Biden ought not to have mentioned it (unless he's gone and had a new bunker built elsewhere), but it was not like it wasn't known about for years. In fact, Cheney was probably only upgrading something that had been there since the 70's. Even if it was never made explicit it's something you would expect as being in conformance with CoG plans.

That's a reasonable thought Fluffy but the real point is that by virtue of Biden's latest gaff he has ensured that he can no longer use the facility. Once a secure location is publicly disclosed (and Biden couldn't have picked a much better audience to do it to) NCA policy calls for what amounts to the abandonment of that location as it can no longer be considered "secure" in times of emergency and might even be targeted. As such, all that money that was spent back in the early 2000's has been flushed down the toilet.

I guess now we know why the (so called) stimulous package is costing so much... they have to build a new location for Biden. :wink:

Regards,
Ltstanfo

ltstanfo said:
I guess now we know why the (so called) stimulous package is costing so much... they have to build a new location for Biden. :wink:

Regards,
Ltstanfo

:)

I doubt it matters though. Cheney ran the government from the White House bunker on 9/11. Maybe he wanted to be able to run the country without having to go out.

But on the other hand, if Biden goes to his basement in an emergency and someone drops a plane on it because they know where his bunker is ... do you care?

You should probably expect that the more sophisticated enemies of the US, ie: the ones who could mount a serious threat, would probably already have knowledge of not only it's whereabouts, but how it was built, for whom it was built and what potential weaknesses it may have. That leaves only the unsophisticated enemies like al-Qaeda who would probably not be able to penetrate the bunker itself. A large plane at a nose dive would not be enough to punch through a re-enforced bunker. In fact, from what we've learned from Saddam's bunkers, even the most state of the art bunker busters might not punch through if the bunker is made well enough. So I'd say the net effect of this is pretty tiny.

FluffyMcDeath said:
But on the other hand, if Biden goes to his basement in an emergency and someone drops a plane on it because they know where his bunker is ... do you care?

As much as it pains me to admit it, I do care, if only for the fact that he is the elected VP and as such is part of the CoG. But, given his propensity for not knowing when to keep quiet, my caring may not matter. :wink:

Regards,
Ltstanfo

ltstanfo said:
FluffyMcDeath said:

As much as it pains me to admit it, I do care, if only for the fact that he is the elected VP and as such is part of the CoG.

Exactly, we don't wish death on people in a different political party than ourselves.

We ain't democrats! :whack:

Back