Bizarro News

ilwrath

Reaction score

You know... The more I think about it, I don't have a problem with this one standing. It's true, he didn't use a technical hack. But he did use a form of manipulation and social engineering to obtain credentials he wasn't authorized to use. He then abused that access and illegally obtained proprietary information from his former employer through their clearly private and access controlled network.

This isn't a simple deep link that happened to be stumbled upon by Google. This isn't a spouse who borrowed a password to access information they were already entitled to obtain through other channels.

This is clearly criminal intent in obtaining locked resources that had already been specifically revoked from this person. That falls comfortably enough in the "illegal access" side for me.

Robert

Reaction score
You know... The more I think about it, I don't have a problem with this one standing. It's true, he didn't use a technical hack. But he did use a form of manipulation and social engineering to obtain credentials he wasn't authorized to use. He then abused that access and illegally obtained proprietary information from his former employer through their clearly private and access controlled network.

Yes, I tend to agree with you. He certainly deserved to be convicted of something. Not sure this is the right law though.

metalman

Reaction score

metalman

Reaction score
DL5yUajUEAAEE0H.jpg

ilwrath

Reaction score
Florida Man googled 'how to rob a bank' just hours before executing a heist

Johnson told investigators that he was in need of money so he googled 'how to rob a bank,'

Johnson said that he used the $2,000 stolen from the bank to pay 'for rent, utilities, and a drug binge.'

Man, more proof that you can look up how to do anything on Google. I'm actually legit impressed that he managed to know nothing, look it up, and successfully steal $2,000. If he'd have just thought to add "and get away with it" to that search, he'd probably have been all set.

Robert

Reaction score
This gave me a giggle:
Sound of mystery attacks in Cuba released.
On Thursday, the Associated Press released the first audio recording of the sound that some diplomats say they heard during mystery attacks in Havana, Cuba. Those attacks have so far left 22 Americans with a puzzling range of symptoms, from brain injuries to hearing loss.

The sound is high-pitched and grating. You can listen to it here (but beware: it’s unpleasant).

Unpleasant? I thought it was supposed to be destroying hearing and causing brain damage but hey, have a listen. It's a little unpleasant. :D

redrumloa

Reaction score
ISIS Punk Rocker, Sally Jones, Believed to Be Dead

Sally-Jones-Isis-Rocker.jpg

In the world of punk rock, radical politics tends to come with the territory. But British guitarist Sally Jones, formerly of the punk band Krunch, had even by punk standards taken her radicalism to dangerous extreme.

Jones, who has been more recently identified as Umma Hussain al Britani, Sakinah Hussain or “the White Widow,” has reportedly died following a drone attack. The fatal strike, which is said to have been carried out by the U.S., comes four years after Jones’s shocking transformation from ’90s era British punk-scene staple to notorious ISIS recruiter.

According to The Sun, the CIA has confirmed to MI6 that Jones, along with her 12-year-old son, was killed by a Predator drone near the Syria-Iraq border in June. The Guardian, however, has been unable to confirm Jones’s death, quoting Pentagon spokesman Maj Adrian Rankine-Galloway as saying, “I do not have any information that would substantiate that report but that could change and we are looking into this.”

Years before committing herself to radical jihadism, Sally Jones’s name recognition derived from her stint with Krunch, an all-female punk band that had found success during the ’90s. Jones converted to Islam and migrated to Syria in 2013, following her husband’s conversion and subsequent pledge to jihadism. He was killed by a U.S. drone two years later in 2015. Since 2013, she had maintained an active presence on social media aggressively propagandizing on behalf of ISIS. Her primary objectives involved attracting female ISIS recruits, encouraging radicalized Brits to relocate to Syria and providing instructions on how to assemble homemade bombs and wage terror on British soil. Presumably to rally inspiration, posts were frequently accompanied by photos of Jones herself posing with weaponry.

In 2014, a Daily Mail exposé, Jones also took to social media to warn, “You Christians all need beheading with a nice blunt knife and stuck on the railings at Raqqa… Come here I’ll do it for you!” The same article had reported that Jones had “spent a lifetime on state benefits” before relocating to Syria.

metalman

Reaction score
chic fashion 2017

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

redrumloa

Reaction score
Iron Maiden’s Eddie Invades Angry Birds

Developers of smash hit mobile game Angry Birdshave announced they’ll pay tribute to Iron Maiden this Halloween.

Rovio Entertainment will release Angry Birds Evolutionlater this week on October 18 – and it will feature Maiden mascot Eddie as the playable character Eddie The Bird.

Eddie will be in the game for two weeks, but players who recruit Iron Maiden’s cover star will be able to keep him forever.

VP games and product lead for Angry Birds EvolutionMiika Tams says: “Our team is filled with massive Iron Maiden fans and Eddie was both our first choice and a natural fit in Angry Birds Evolution.

279f4ec8-61ac-4a4d-90f2-213ca65a2dc3