help me out please?

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm getting around to testing out the Vanilla Forums idea from the other post and could really use your help/input.

Check out http://segwayne.com/test

When there, if you don't already have a Vanilla Forums account (for another site), please create an account and tinker around with it by creating a new post (or 20)..

What I'm doing is trying to see whether or not this would be a suitable replacement for the full forums here on whyzzat, and I really would like your input before deciding anything. We can't really get valid input until we test, and testing comes with posting a few articles like we have here on that forum.

That's why I both need, and appreciate your help.

Wayne

I've cross-posted a couple of recent items to give you guys an idea of how it might look as a whyzzat replacement.

Wayne

could never register, 20 attempts at the security check

So how is this better? I see no forums, just one big discussion list. Almost reminds me of 4chan, which I don't like.

Glaucus said:
So how is this better? I see no forums, just one big discussion list. Almost reminds me of 4chan, which I don't like.
Well, since 99% of us work off the "new posts" list and not the forums listings, it kinda just makes for one big forum. Not familiar with 4chan.

The current forums are so spam-enabling that we can't provide easy access to new members, so it's rather a closed site with 10 people talking amongst themselves.

See the previous post regarding my ideas as a basis.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4474&start=15

metalman said:
could never register, 20 attempts at the security check

So, unless you're trying to use something like an Amiga, what exactly was the problem?

Wayne

The current forums are so spam-enabling that we can't provide easy access to new members, so it's rather a closed site with 10 people talking amongst themselves.

Yes, but if more people join the signal to noise ratio may go down significantly under the proposed system. The current usage pattern may be a product of the low member count.

Glaucus said:

Yes, but if more people join the signal to noise ratio may go down significantly under the proposed system. The current usage pattern may be a product of the low member count.
Well that's up to you guys. Near stagnancy or more activity, even if of a lower quality.

Wayne

Well that's up to you guys. Near stagnancy or more activity, even if of a lower quality.
I'm not one to slow progress. Overall more people to argue with is the greater good.[/quote]

EDIT: Damn it, why isn't my quote working?

Glaucus said:
EDIT: Damn it, why isn't my quote working?

It's a right-wing conspiracy!

In regards to the forum stuff, I *did* ask for feedback, and I do appreciate it. I just haven't heard from everyone yet.

Wayne

Using SeaMonkey as browser

Generally only 1 of the 2 words were clearly identifiable, too much overlap on the letters, but even when I was very sure both were correct, it still did not approve registration.

will try again now

OK, just tried it, registered first attempt

neither words had overlaping characters which made them unreadable

Back