Help me with the design aspects please?

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
@metal,

Ah. I see both what you're asking, and why it will never work.

The ability to post HTML in a forum post is either disabled by the software, or by the default configuration to stop spammers and hackers from posting malicious code to/through the site. The code above is strictly HTML, so it'd never work. More specifically is the fact that it calls to javascript, which is all kinda hella bad..

Wayne

JoBBo

Reaction score
@metal,

Ah. I see both what you're asking, and why it will never work.

The ability to post HTML in a forum post is either disabled by the software, or by the default configuration to stop spammers and hackers from posting malicious code to/through the site. The code above is strictly HTML, so it'd never work. More specifically is the fact that it calls to javascript, which is all kinda hella bad..

There are XenForo add-ons that extend the BBCode parser so users can safely embed Twitter posts by simply providing a web address. The appropriate HTML and Javascript for showing a Twitter post as part of a forum discussion is being generated by the forum engine in these cases. There would be no need to enable users to post HTML, etc.

That said, while you can embed Twitter posts, it is nearly impossible to seamlessly integrate them with a custom design unless your forum happens to use a visual style that closely resembles the Twitter website. Furthermore, one might wonder if, in comparison to other websites, Twitter is truly such an important source of content that is worthy of long-form discussion in a forum like this. Isn't the usual two-step process of quoting interesting text and then supplying a source link just as adequate for Twitter as it is for online newspapers, magazines, etc.?

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess it would help if I weren't so "old" and "uncool" that I just don't "get" Twitter. I always figure "Twitter" was the sound a twat makes...

Edit: I should probably add a smiley for the politically correct message :)

Last edited: