"Ladies and Gentlemen, You're Under Arrest"

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
That's spooky. St. Paul - Mass Arrest

What are we supposed to learn from this? That we aren't allowed to even be outdoors, or that being peaceful just makes you easier to arrest?

Freedom of speech and assembly is the FIRST ammendment.

Friday they announced all the arrested press with credentials are having their charges dropped. No statement about the bloggers who claim to be part of the press. Obviously without major news business backing bloggers don't have credentials.

Clearly the police arrest people who were not violent and protesting approval from the government is against the constitution.

Oh come now people, please. Some hippy kid trying to be Michael Moore? This video shows nothing, period. A waste of 4 minutes 30 seconds of my life. "There was a hip-hop concert across the way", implying maybe they were there for a hip-hop concert. Nice try, all white hip-hop concert? This does not show anything except an arrest. It does not explain if the park was closed, if the people had been asked to leave prior to the arrest.

It is pretty obvious what the film maker's intent was and his affiliation.

redrumloa said:
all white hip-hop concert?
You haven't been to Minnesota have you? We are basically a mono-culture. If all the blacks went to a hip-hop concert they wouldn't sell out the venue. (Okay a bit of an over exaggeration.) We're over 90% white, about 3% Asian, 2-3% black, 2% hispanic and 1-2% first peoples. If you're not German or Scandanavian you are not allowed to enter the state. :wink:

redrumloa said:
Oh come now people, please. Some hippy kid trying to be Michael Moore? This video shows nothing, period.

Oh come on yourself. I thought you'd key on the guy talking - he's a bit scruffy and young and therefore not credible, right? Well, let's just dismiss everything then.

This does not show anything except an arrest.

Exactly. It shows a mass arrest of cooperative peaceful people who have been corralled by a police force (rather than being dispersed) and then , en mass, arrested. A couple of hundred people peaceably assembled in a public place rounded up and arrested. It's creepy. We're used to seeing huge police efforts to disperse people, to charge into a crowd and pull out "ring-leaders" etc and that's repressive enough but now we are seeing a new phase. The holding facilities are now large enough that they can arrest hundreds at a time, probably collect all their information, and - who knows - maybe they go on a no-fly list so they can't get around the country, or they just go on a watch list.

They are upping their capabilities to arrest large numbers of people at a time and they are starting to get people used to the idea. How easy will it be, in the name of law and order, when the time comes to heard people onto the cattle cars?

During the RNC even reporters were arrested. Arrested reporters don't report. Starting to sound a little eastern European yet? That shouldn't really be too surprising since the Department of Homeland Security hires people like General Yevgeni Primakov (ex-KGB) and Markus Wolf, former head of STASI. Makes perfect sense when you need to control the people to have consultants who know how it's done.

But don't worry, because the government is only arresting hippies (and later maybe metal-heads because you know how independent minded they can be) and it's only to keep you safe in case of an emergency.

And what IS an emergency? Well, according to NATIONAL SECURITY PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE/NSPD 51 & HOMELAND SECURITY PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE/HSPD-20

"Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions;

Similar tactics are being used in the UK also - people deamed "trouble makers" are herded into pens, without any toilet facilities and if they leave or speak, they're arrested on the spot.

And yes, if they get arrested in a protest, you can pretty much kiss your flying privilages goodbye.

Recently over here there was something called a climate camp, it was basically a hippy technology meeting, showing more environmentally friendly ways of doing things - using solar etc...

It was held in a camp in the middle of a field. The Kent Cuntstabulary were there en masse, harrassing people, confiscating random items and at one point had to be driven off of the field when they (the police) got it into their heads that it would be much nicer without this camp going on.

Quite frankly how it avoided turning into another beanfield I'll never know.

You can see the people at the camp telling the camera what was confiscated.

911 - which service do you require:

Fire, Ambulance, Police or Army.

NorthCom is making a brigade available for doing homelandy kind of stuff. Hooray. Finally, battle hardened heavily armed soldiers will sort those hippies out.

How long before we see military parades marching down the streets of New York?

Glaucus said:
How long before we see military parades marching down the streets of New York?
Silly Canadian. We won't see the military. They outsource it now. It'd be BlackWater marching down the streets.

One of the problems with mass arrests is, where you gonna put all those people? Well, now there is a snap together prison system that can be shipped, assembled and expanded with the greatest of ease.

Coz you never know where you might need a prison.

Hmmm... I swear I saw Red in one of those photos on Wall Street... ;-)

Glaucus said:
Hmmm... I swear I saw Red in one of those photos on Wall Street... ;-)

I wish, I'm stuck at work..

FluffyMcDeath said:
Quick!! Someone mass-arrest these hippies and call out the Homeland brigade to keep the peace.

I walked all around that area the day before. Would've been funny to see that.

Back