Meteors, sonic booms, lasers and missiles, oh my!

redrumloa

Reaction score
Yeah, so I see this tonight.

26805011_469119860151742_8423382899040256733_n.jpg

I was unaware of the alleged meteor event in Michigan until this. A little googling shows me there was reports and video of a possible meteor strike in Michigan. The news don't show these images. Google says the meteor did not cause a fire. It does say that the sonic boom registered at like 2.0 on the Richter Scale.

That post above is probably nonsense, but what the hell is really going on over the last couple weeks? Hawaii issues a false ICBM alert to the entire state. A few days later Japan does the same thing! We are getting reports around the world from meteor strikes like this one, unexplained sonic booms like over Russia and such. You hear about one event, no big deal. 2 events, weird coincidence. All of these events combined? I have a hard time thinking this is all coincidence.

WTF?

ilwrath

Reaction score
Yeah, so I see this tonight.

I was unaware of the alleged meteor event in Michigan until this. A little googling shows me there was reports and video of a possible meteor strike in Michigan. The news don't show these images. Google says the meteor did not cause a fire. It does say that the sonic boom registered at like 2.0 on the Richter Scale.

That post above is probably nonsense, but what the hell is really going on over the last couple weeks? Hawaii issues a false ICBM alert to the entire state. A few days later Japan does the same thing! We are getting reports around the world from meteor strikes like this one, unexplained sonic booms like over Russia and such. You hear about one event, no big deal. 2 events, weird coincidence. All of these events combined? I have a hard time thinking this is all coincidence.

WTF?

I don't know about the Hawaii nonsense. Personally, my complete wild-ass guess is that they were interested in seeing the response people would have to an emergency message like that. Would they take cover? Would they ignore it? Would they panic and loot? No one knew... Until, now. Either that, or someone hacked the emergency alert system and sent it. "This is not a drill" is really odd verbiage for a pre-typed alert message.

As for the Michigan meteor... That posting is a complete fabrication. Assuming that fire picture is even from around here, it was likely from the DTE natural gas pipeline someone crashed into a year and half ago. https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/breaking-news-massive-explosion-in-metro-detroit
Nothing from the meteor even touched down in metro Detroit, as far as I can tell. There have been people out looking for any meteorite fragments, but none have made local news or rumors. And rumors spread pretty fast around here. The primary plant and headquarters for the company I currently work for is in Taylor. I got a lot of Taylor contacts, and I only live about 10 miles east of Taylor. My wife heard the boom from the meteor breaking up. She said she thought it sounded a bit like a truck crash or something, but a little ways away. I was over at a friend's house, only about 5 miles from Taylor, working in the basement, and neither of us heard a thing. It wasn't until a notification popped up on his phone from Mlive we knew anything was up. So it was a severe enough missile strike that I missed the entire thing, while being in the middle of it. :p

The main part of the path for the meteor appears to have tracked well west of here, anyhow, though.

ilwrath

Reaction score
OMG!!! You're working for THEM!!!:eek:

Heh. Well, ya'll already know I'm one of a few people here who have worked for the .gov and .mil at various points.

Still, I challenge you to find some evidence of a missile in Taylor. Sure, there are a few burned out buildings, but those are just from the average arson, improvised HVAC systems, and careless electrical wiring found all over the metro Detroit area. :D

I guess some people have found some a few meteorite fragments, though. So some small bits made it to the ground.
www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/01/19/michigan-meteor-fragments/109594608/
Since it is claimed the pieces were found on a frozen lake, not that far from the Walled Lake area it supposedly broke up, it seems likely legit. There are a LOT of little frozen lakes in that area. (This is just a list in Oakland County, MI, alone.)

Although people are now trying to sell much less legit meteorite fragments that are likely just rocks.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Hawaii issues a false ICBM alert to the entire state. A few days later Japan does the same thing! We are getting reports around the world from meteor strikes like this one, unexplained sonic booms like over Russia and such. You hear about one event, no big deal. 2 events, weird coincidence. All of these events combined? I have a hard time thinking this is all coincidence.

And now a whole lot closer to home.

False tsunami warnings go out along the East Coast and in Texas

Mean to post this yesterday.

Considering I'm only about 5-6 miles from the coast and nowhere in South Florida is higher than about 12 feet above sea level, I don't find such games to be funny. Again, I don't believe in coincidences.

redrumloa

Reaction score
MYSTERIOUS BOOM ROCKS THE AREA

BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — All along the Cape Fear coast, people heard it and they’re talking about it.

A loud boom rocked homes last night around the Southport/Oak Island and even as far up as Surf City. It had many questioning if it’s the same mysterious sonic booms, or Seneca Guns, that we occasionally hear off the coast.

Some people who live in the area described how intense it was and questioned whether it came from Military Ocean Terminal Sunny Point. But the MOTSU public affairs office said they were not doing any type of testing last night.

Many others say it was more like an explosion than a boom and definitely different than the loud booms we typically hear.

We reached out to Camp Lejeune, where a public affairs officer confirmed they were doing artillery training last night. They would not go into detail about what type of training or explosions were taking place.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Residents panic after mysterious booms shake homes in India

People in Mysuru, India, were left baffled by powerful but still mysterious booms on February 21 and 22, 2018. The huge blasts shook buildings and rattled windows in different parts of India. Panicked residents ran outside of homes as they feared the strange rumblings were caused by an earthquake.

-

Interestingly, similar mysterious explosions were reported in some villages in Ivarapalli in Baagepalli Taluk and near Andhra border in Chikkaballapur district on Wednesday night around 7pm and 9pm. The mysterious booms shook houses during nearly five seconds with terrified residents running out of their homes. And the quarries are closed at this time of the day.

So many of these, I've not even been posting every single one.