Monkey Pox, is it a pandemic, STD or other?

Monkey Pox, is it a pandemic, STD or other?

• Pandemic to the max, lockdowns from hell coming for midterms!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pandemic by the literal definition I suppose.

• Sexually transmitted disease.

• Not literally an STD by definition, but being transmitted primarily as such.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No such thing, it's a hoax by the lizard people to enslave the greys or something.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other, explained below.

• Pancakes!

• Total voters

redrumloa

Reaction score
Strangely this is not being discussed here at all, despite mainstream media reporting breathlessly about it. It's mainly infecting sexually active gay men, including a gay couple who transmitted it to their dog with the primary area of infection being the dog's anus. I guess bestiality is legal in California these days so the news doesn't make a big deal about the fact they are f***ing their dog.

Figured I'd start a poll/thread to track this in case it becomes the next panic.

Two weeks ago, the World Health Organization announced that monkeypox cases in Europe had fallen so fast, the outbreak could be eliminated there. And while the U.S. recently experienced its first monkeypox death, cases here have fallen by 40 percent between the middle and end of August. In other words, it’s too early to declare victory and dust off our hands, but the situation is generally improving.

The population that was spreading the pox was pretty small. Many may have stopped what they were doing to spread it, others may have got vaccinated but I suspect that lot of them are just immune now because they already caught it.

that's likely.
I suspect many of the young people who got infected were all born after the smallpox vaccine was no longer given because smallpox had been eradicated.

that's likely.
I suspect many of the young people who got infected were all born after the smallpox vaccine was no longer given because smallpox had been eradicated.
That, sure, but the biggest factor is that it's 98% men who have sex with men and are into the orgy scene. That's not a significant part of the population but monkey pox tore through it just like HIV did (and just like anything probably does including COVID). AIDS may have slowed them down a bit back in the day but now you can PrEP for your nights out and the pleasure train rolls on.

That, sure, but the biggest factor is that it's 98% men who have sex with men and are into the orgy scene. That's not a significant part of the population but monkey pox tore through it just like HIV did (and just like anything probably does including COVID). AIDS may have slowed them down a bit back in the day but now you can PrEP for your nights out and the pleasure train rolls on.
I'm sure glad not to be interested in orgies. :cool:

Back