Please pass on to all military and law enforcement

redrumloa

Reaction score
http://www.oath-keepers.blogspot.com/

OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control.”

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Good, I hope the fools in Washington are listening.

There's already a document that says pretty much the same thing. It's called the constitution.

Glaucus said:
There's already a document that says pretty much the same thing. It's called the constitution.

Ding ding ding, give that man a cigar! What do you think the oath they are keeping is? :lol:

Problem is, law enforcment and military officials are increasingly being ordered to do things that are against the constitution.

redrumloa said:
Problem is, law enforcment and military officials are increasingly being ordered to do things that are against the constitution.
I'd agree. Here in MN last fall we saw police not protect the first ammendment rights of freedom of speech and assembly. It even went as far jailing reporters with press credentials.

redrumloa said:
Glaucus said:

Ding ding ding, give that man a cigar! What do you think the oath they are keeping is? :lol:

You noticed that?

Wow.

Yes, but you can't really expect the cops to do much about it. Most of them are a bunch of meat heads who get off on their own authority and are often more corrupt then the politicians - they're the last ones you can expect to rise up above it all. Your only real line of defense is the judicial system which has been setup in such a way as to oppose the legislative branch when necessary. I know a lot of people get upset when the courts overturn laws like a ban on gay marriage, abortion or what not, but it's that very act that keeps a powerful check on those who keep ordering the cops to do things they really shouldn't. Unfortunately, like the article I posted the other day, there are signs that the judicial system is also thoroughly corrupt which means it's one big free for all.

So anyway, when do I get my Cohiba? :)

Glaucus said:
Yes, but you can't really expect the cops to do much about it. Most of them are a bunch of meat heads who get off on their own authority and are often more corrupt then the politicians - they're the last ones you can expect to rise up above it all.

Most of them? The last ones? You post this in a thread about them doing affirming their oath to defend the Constitution?

redrumloa said:
Glaucus said:
Yes, but you can't really expect the cops to do much about it. Most of them are a bunch of meat heads who get off on their own authority and are often more corrupt then the politicians - they're the last ones you can expect to rise up above it all.

Most of them? The last ones? You post this in a thread about them doing affirming their oath to defend the Constitution?

I can't speak for the police in either of your countries but over here most of them are indeed as Mike describes.

This happened the other day in London:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/0 ... ce-assault

Unfortunately this type of thing is all-too-common with UK police. If the man hadn't subsequently died, it would never have made the news.

Robert said:
I can't speak for the police in either of your countries but over here most of them are indeed as Mike describes.

This happened the other day in London:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/0 ... ce-assault

Unfortunately this type of thing is all-too-common with UK police. If the man hadn't subsequently died, it would never have made the news.

I can't speak for outside the USA, but I don't believe all cops are that way. There are certainly bad apples and occasionally bad departments, but here it seems only bad cops get national press. I personally know law enforcement officers, here is a good example.

http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/search?q=farley

Yes, I am related.

Robert said:

Never mind the police, what about the Army?

redrumloa said:
I can't speak for outside the USA, but I don't believe all cops are that way.

Neither do I.

However I do believe most of them are.

They are also quite happy to cover for one another - no police officer ever seems to see another do wrong. The link I posted is also an example of that behaviour - look how many polis there are. Not one of them identified the attacker.

Serve and protect the public?
My arse.
Serve and protect each other, more like.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Robert said:

Never mind the police, what about the Army?

I was not aware of that but, despite being disgusted by it, I am not even remotely surprised.

Back