Predictive Programming?

redrumloa

Reaction score
I am not posting this as a statement of me believing it exists. I am posting because there is some weird sh*t out there just to discuss. Could it be all coincidence, possibly. There is a lot of content out there, so cherry picking where something was supposedly "predicted" often would seem a stretch. There are some that just seems off. Here's one.

277234403_6286940343674_4256372133158593374_n.jpg

To be clear she fell ill the day of the Superbowl, and died the next day. Hours later is fair though as the Superbowl is played in the evening.

Wikipedia: On January 31, 1988, O'Rourke began exhibiting flu-like symptoms. The following morning, she collapsed in her home, and was rushed to Community Hospital in El Cajon.[27] En route, she suffered cardiac arrest, but paramedics were able to restart her heart at 9:25 a.m.[27] She was subsequently flown to the Children's Hospital of San Diego,[27] where it was discovered she had intestinal stenosis and went into emergency surgery. She survived the surgery, but suffered another cardiac arrest while in the recovery room. Doctors performed CPR for over 30 minutes, but finally, O'Rourke was pronounced dead at 2:43 that afternoon.[25][27] O'Rourke's cause of death was ruled congenital stenosis of the intestine[28] complicated by septic shock.[10][29][30]

Daniel Hollander, the head of gastroenterology at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center stated that O'Rourke's death was "distinctly unusual" as she lacked prior symptoms of the bowel defect: "I would have expected a lot of [digestive] difficulties throughout her life and not just to have developed a problem all of a sudden."
[25]

Searching Google images for the highest quality still does seem to confirm it says Superbowl XXII 1988. The original Poltergeist was released in 1982. Why on earth would there be a spoof poster for the Superbowl played in 1988 in the movie? Just a joke Easter Egg and a simple coincidence?

Last edited:
I didn't recognise this so had to look his up to see what it is. It appears to be Demolition Man, which I've never seen despite it being the kind of thing I usually enjoy. Might give it a whirl over the weekend.

I haven't seen it since the mid 90s but I remember the main beats. Kids watching through today's eyes won't get it, but people our age or older remember how times were completely different. I'll probably watch again in the near future since it's been so long.

Back