President Donald John Trump

redrumloa

Reaction score
Very strong speech. We'll see if this translates into action. Libertards are butthurt he used the term "god", even though every president prior including Barrack Hussein Obama has also.

the_leander

Reaction score
I get the impression that he'll either be a superb president or make Bush/Obama look superb.

I just can't see him being mediocre.

Either way I think now is time for some calm.

Robert

Reaction score
I just can't see him being mediocre.

When it comes to actual policy versus grandstanding, I would not be surprised if he turns out to be mediocre.

But his utterings will continue to entertain either way and as far as that goes, I agree with you.

Robert

Reaction score
he used the term "god", even though every president prior including Barrack Hussein Obama has also.

And he was even less convincing than Obama but there is a very good reason why they all do it; gormless idiots not only believe what is obviously horsefeathers, but positively lap it up. Some of the biggest cheers in his speech came when he was spouting that nonsense that he obviously doesn't really believe. As long as there are enough ignorant cheerleaders for such nonsense it will continue from president to president.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Trump to sign orders to renegotiate NAFTA, pull out of TPP

In addition to wanting to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the new Republican president also intends to sign an executive order pulling out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), NBC reported.

Trump, who was sworn in as the 45th U.S. president on Friday, targeted both trade pacts during his White House campaign.

Officials were not immediately available to confirm the report to Reuters. Trump’s official schedule includes a 10:30 a.m. EST (1530 GMT) signing of executive orders in the Oval Office.

The president said on Sunday he planned talks soon with the leaders of Canada and Mexico to begin renegotiating NAFTA.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Trump to sign orders to renegotiate NAFTA, pull out of TPP

In addition to wanting to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the new Republican president also intends to sign an executive order pulling out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), NBC reported.

Trump, who was sworn in as the 45th U.S. president on Friday, targeted both trade pacts during his White House campaign.

Officials were not immediately available to confirm the report to Reuters. Trump’s official schedule includes a 10:30 a.m. EST (1530 GMT) signing of executive orders in the Oval Office.

The president said on Sunday he planned talks soon with the leaders of Canada and Mexico to begin renegotiating NAFTA.

Done.

Donald Trump Executive Actions Kill TPP, Announce Federal Hiring Freeze, Restore Mexico City Policy

President Donald Trump signed three executive actions this morning, killing the Trans-Pacific partnership, instituting a federal hiring freeze, and restoring the Mexico City policy, which bans federal funds from being used to fund abortions.

“We’ve been talking about this for a long time … a great thing for the American worker,” Trump said after signing the order killing former President Obama’s signature trade effort.

Trump senior advisors stood and watched Trump sign the executive orders as senior advisor Reince Priebus announced each order as it was signed.

Trump specified that the hiring freeze for federal workers would not apply to the military.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Yes!! Yes!! YES!!! Donald trump is for real!!

“The Corporation for Public Broadcasting would be privatized, while the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be eliminated entirely. Overall, the blueprint being used by Trump’s team would reduce federal spending by $10.5 trillion over 10 years.”

Sweet baby Jesus, yes!! Yes!! Yes!!!! Stop handing over tax dollars to this absolute worthless SHIT! Make these liberal fucks stand on their own 2 feet with this garbage, or they can get real jobs!

redrumloa

Reaction score
A campaign promise kept? Fair play to him, albeit the only one I remember Trump and Clinton agreeing on.

"Gold Standard" Hillary who was for it before she was against it, suddenly when campaigning?

Robert

Reaction score
"Gold Standard" Hillary who was for it before she was against it, suddenly when campaigning?

Yes, I know she changed her mind, as has your new champion on countless occasions.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
and restoring the Mexico City policy, which bans federal funds from being used to fund abortions.
Thus helping to ensure there will be a bigger supply of potential migrants (cheap labour) in the future.

redrumloa

Reaction score
This man ain't messing around. I'm more and more starting to believe he is for real.

President Trump Signs Executive Order For DAPL and Keystone XL

BREAKING--Trump-signs-executive-actions-to-advance-the-construction-of-the-Keystone-XL-and-Dakota-Access-oil-pipelines._grande.jpg

Signing-orders-to-move-forward-with-the-construction-of-the-Keystone-XL-and-Dakota-Access-pipelines-in-the-Oval-Office._grande.jpg

redrumloa

Reaction score
Politics makes strange bedfellows. I'm not sure how it makes me feel to see the Unions go all BFF about Trump, but here we are.

Teamsters’ Jimmy Hoffa Lavishes Praise on President Trump on Trade Policy

Hoffa — like AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka who also praised Trump on Monday without naming him — also praised President Trump’s efforts to work with Canada and Mexico to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) as well.

Unline Trumka, however, Hoffa showed he’s willing to name Trump in his release. Hoffa said in a statement:

Today, President Trump made good on his campaign promise to withdraw the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership. With this decision, the president has taken the first step toward fixing 30 years of bad trade policies that have cost working Americans millions of good-paying jobs. The Teamsters Union has been on the frontline of the fight to stop destructive trade deals like the TPP, China PNTR, CAFTA and NAFTA for decades. Millions of working men and women saw their jobs leave the country as free trade policies undermined our manufacturing industry. We hope that President Trump’s meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto on Jan. 31 opens a real dialogue about fixing the flawed NAFTA. We take this development as a positive sign that President Trump will continue to fulfill his campaign promises in regard to trade policy reform and instruct the USTR to negotiate future agreements that protect American workers and industry.

Robert

Reaction score
I'd bet that she didn't .. but thankfully we will never know.

Yes, it would probably be more accurate to say that she claimed to have changed her mind.
Not that I think that means much overall anyway. They both seem to be compulsive liars.

redrumloa

Reaction score

ilwrath

Reaction score
Politics makes strange bedfellows. I'm not sure how it makes me feel to see the Unions go all BFF about Trump, but here we are.

Well, if you look at it from the unions' side, the union head honchos don't have any choice but to try to cozy up to Trump, now. And that is because the union rank-and-file members all flipped the honchos the bird and voted for Trump. If they came out against something that benefits their members right now, there would likely be a few disband votes. A lot of states like Michigan are right-to-work, now. For better or worse, on that one. But unions definitely don't have much of a footing, right now.

As for my own opinion of Trump's work so far... I'm still reserving judgement. And that is mostly due to the cabinet picks.

I'll say this, though. He gets right to work and makes it interesting.