President Donald John Trump

redrumloa

Reaction score

metalman

Reaction score
BREAKING: FBI Director James Comey FIRED

Get the “you’re fired” jokes in, because James Comey is out. Sean Spicer confirmed this during today’s daily press briefing at the White House.

“The president has accepted the recommendation of the Attorney General and the deputy Attorney General regarding the dismissal of the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation,” he said.

:pint::pint::pint:

CwSduKFUUAAIxXC.jpg

Robert

Reaction score
:lol:
The president sacks the man leading the investigation into... the president.
Nothing suspicious looking about that at all, no sir!

Robert

Reaction score
He's reached the stage where comparisons to Nixon are considered insulting… to Nixon.

As for Comey, looks like he outlived his useful idiot status and, after being wilfully used and abused, has now been cast aside like a spent Johnny bag.

redrumloa

Reaction score
The president sacks the man leading the investigation into... the president.
Nothing suspicious looking about that at all, no sir!

Wrong, Comey on 3 occasions directly stated the FBI was not investigating Donald Trump. The conflated narrative the liberal media spinning is not based on any facts. Don't fall for Fake News.

redrumloa

Reaction score
He's reached the stage where comparisons to Nixon are considered insulting… to Nixon.

As for Comey, looks like he outlived his useful idiot status and, after being wilfully used and abused, has now been cast aside like a spent Johnny bag.

Boy Robert, you are just a Liberal Media narrative parrot lately! Here's a little history lesson for you that you won't get from the Liberal media.

The last president to fire an FBI director? Bill Clinton

It's been 24 years since a president fired the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

In 1993, President Clinton ousted William Sessions as FBI director after Sessions refused to voluntarily step down amid ethical concerns. It was the first and only time to happen in U.S. history. That is, until Donald Trump fired James Comey.

Here's another history lesson for you. Why was Billy Boy the first President to ever fire an FBI director? Ever heard of J. Edgar Hoover?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Edgar_Hoover

John Edgar Hoover (January 1, 1895 – May 2, 1972), better known as J. Edgar Hoover, was the first Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) of the United States. He was appointed as the sixth director of the Bureau of Investigation — the FBI's predecessor — in 1924 and was instrumental in founding the FBI in 1935, where he remained director until his death in 1972 at the age of 77.

Hoover was the first FBI director and remained director for 48 years until his death. It is pretty well accepted how corrupt he was, and how he kept his position because he spied on everyone including presidents in order to blackmail them if needed so he could stay in power.

The sample size of FBI directors ever existing is relatively small since there was only 1 ever before 1973. Two now having been fired isn't an insignificant percentage of them.

Last edited:

Robert

Reaction score
Wrong, Comey on 3 occasions directly stated the FBI was not investigating Donald Trump. The conflated narrative the liberal media spinning is not based on any facts.
According to numerous sources, some of which I've linked to below, the FBI are currently investigating the Trump campaign and associates.
Telegraph:

Wash. Post:

Guardian:

Politico:

LA Times:

Salon:

Even your beloved Fox:
Comey told lawmakers in March that the FBI was conducting a counterintelligence investigation into Russian attempts to interfere in the 2016 election campaign, an investigation that included possible links between members of the Trump campaign and Moscow.
And your even more beloved Breitbart:

So, either you believe all of those stories (and many, many more) are fake or you think the FBI would thoroughly investigate someone's associates and campaign team but not bother to investigate the person in question.

Don't fall for Fake News.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Still conflating "Trump campaign" with Donald John Trump the person, who Comey on 3 occasions has stated was NOT under investigation.

:SMH:

Robert

Reaction score
Boy Robert, you are just a Liberal Media narrative parrot lately! Here's a little history lesson for you that you won't get from the Liberal media.

The last president to fire an FBI director? Bill Clinton

Funny you should attempt to insult me thus, given that I read that very fact earlier today in that very Guardian article that I linked to in my reply to your other hilariously ludicrous post.
I'm pretty sure that the Guardian fits your definition of "Liberal media".
You might want to check it out. The link is in the post above.
Then again, maybe you should avoid it; one part of your brain will be telling you it's fake whilst another part will be telling you it's true.
You might not be able to cope with the paradox.

Not that any of this matters.

Robert

Reaction score
Still conflating "Trump campaign" with Donald John Trump the person, who Comey on 3 occasions has stated was NOT under investigation.

As I said above:
"or you think the FBI would thoroughly investigate someone's associates and campaign team but not bother to investigate the person in question"

Quite.

redrumloa

Reaction score
BREAKING: FBI Director James Comey FIRED

Get the “you’re fired” jokes in, because James Comey is out. Sean Spicer confirmed this during today’s daily press briefing at the White House.

“The president has accepted the recommendation of the Attorney General and the deputy Attorney General regarding the dismissal of the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation,” he said.

:pint::pint::pint:

Comey Dismissal Memo Suggests Turf War Between DOJ, FBI

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s letter detailing the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) rationale for calling for the dismissal of former FBI Director James Comey is heavy on professional grievance.

The memo, submitted to President Donald Trump on Tuesday, strongly suggests that officials at the Justice Department felt Comey improperly assumed prerogatives that rightly belong to career prosecutors at DOJ, instigating a bureaucratic turf war that left department officials displeased.

The memo opens with Rosenstein’s conclusion that Comey’s press conference on July 5, 2016, where he announced he would not recommend criminal charges over Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server, “usurped” the authority of his superiors at the Justice Department.

The Director was wrong to usurp the Attorney General’s authority on July 5, 2016, and announce his conclusion that the case should be closed without prosecution. It is not the function of the Director to make such an announcement. At most, the Director should have said the FBI had completed its investigation and presented its findings to federal prosecutors. The Director now defends his decision by asserting that he believed Attorney General Loretta Lynch had a conflict. But the FBI Director is never empowered to supplant federal prosecutors and assume command of the Justice Department.

The use of terms like “usurp” and “supplant” are both arresting and telling, as is Rosenstein’s assertion that Comey effectively “assumed command” of DOJ. This section of the memo argues Comey’s public statements stripped DOJ officials of prosecutorial discretion. In disclosing legal conclusions to the public, the former director foreclosed a number of options for department officials, leaving them little choice but to decline to pursue a case against Clinton. What’s more, the memo also states it was improper for Comey, whose role is restricted to finding facts, to reach any legal conclusions in the first place.

The thrust of this section of the letter is that Comey overstepped his bounds and made decisions, which were the province of the Justice Department, to the chagrin of many inside the agency. One might also reasonably speculate that many in DOJ’s non-political career staff share Rosentein’s conclusions. Rosenstein himself is a product of the career bureaucracy, and is respected in all quarters of DOJ.

A recent Politico Magazine piece on Comey’s political isolation seems to corroborate the possibility of widespread displeasure with the embattled director. The piece includes several quotes from aggrieved and anonymous sources inside the department impugning Comey’s integrity.

He seemed to think that what was good for Comey is good for the institution. That’s jarring,” one senior Justice Department official said.

“He’s rapturous of his own righteousness,” said another.

Robert

Reaction score
Trump admits 'this Russia thing' part of reasoning for firing Comey

Donald Trump has said he was thinking of “this Russia thing” when he decided James Comey’s fate – contradicting the White House rationale that he fired the FBI director for mishandling the Clinton email investigation.

Comey had been leading an investigation into possible collusion between Trump advisers and Russian officials when he was dismissed by the president. Defending that decision in an interview on NBC News on Thursday, Trump said: “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said: ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.’”

Robert

Reaction score
This is the funniest thing to happen in the Trump presidency for at least, oh I dunno, a week or so?

The acting head of the FBI: “I can tell you I worked very, very closely [with Comey] from the time we started at the Washington field office,” he said. “I hold Director Comey in the highest regard for his considerable abilities and his integrity. It is the greatest honour of my professional life to have worked with him. He enjoyed broad support in the FBI and he still does to this day … the vast majority of FBI staff enjoyed a deep and positive connection to Director Comey.”

In contrast, Sanders told reporters on Thursday that she had been in contact with “countless” FBI agents via text and email who expressed their support for the decision. She did not identify them or explain why a White House press staffer would be in contact with FBI agents.

Earlier on Thursday, Sanders told CBS News Trump was “very likely” to visit FBI headquarters “in the next few days”. But later the MSNBC network reported that the visit would not be happening after agency officials told the White House that Trump would not be greeted warmly.

Smiley-Laughing-crying.gif~c200