President Elect Trump watch

C5Gp1whUYAIbEok.jpg

Trump is right about Sweden

@metalman:

Those are all wonderful examples of things that never happened in Sweden that night.

You, like seems to be the wont of many Trump supporters, are arguing for "what he meant to say" rather than what he actually said.
This is understandable; He does it himself from time to time, as demonstrated in this case and when he was caught lying about how historic his electoral college win was. The "biggest since Reagan", when challenged, became "the biggest Republican win since Reagan" until that lie was challenged, then it became simply "a big win".

So, by all means keep posting links to explanations of how terrible Sweden is but, unless you can find one that refers to an event from that night, they're strawmen.

@metalman:
So, by all means keep posting links to explanations of how terrible Sweden is but, unless you can find one that refers to an event from that night, they're strawmen.

you're the one making a strawman argument, you're taking one sentence of the speech out of context
If you listen to the whole speech, and I posted a discussion of it by Tucker Carson above, he was talking about how Muslims do not assimilate, no matter how much you spend, example Sweden, then you have increased terrorist attacks from the non-assimulated population, which he then gave several examples of in Europe (France, Germany )

Except he wasn't. Nothing happened in Sweden that night.
Something happened on Fox news that night - they showed a report on Sweden.
Trump now claims that's what he was referring to.
Perhaps he was, perhaps he wasn't.

Either way, the above link is just another example of "what he meant to say was..." which seems to be one of the stock excuses that gets rolled out almost every time he speaks.

Funny how you won't give Trump the smallest benefit of doubt on choice of words. I don't remember you speaking up when Obama outright lied. Sweden is a mess.

Sweden now rape capital of the western world amidst Muslim immigration

you're taking one sentence of the speech out of context
And yet he seems to do it repeatedly.

Perhaps it was an innocent slip of the tongue but there are only so many times the "taken out of context", "mis-spoke", "actually meant to say" type excuses work before "boy who cried wolf" starts to apply.

Last edited:
The murder rate in our country is the highest it's been in 47 years, right? Did you know that? Forty-seven years. I used to use that - I'd say that in a speech and everybody was surprised because the press doesn't tell it like it is.” He circled back to add: “The murder rate is the highest it's been in, I guess, from 45 to 47 years.”

Trump has misrepresented crime statistics on several occasions. He stated last month that Philadelphia's murder rate has been “terribly increasing” even though it dropped slightly last year. The city's murder rate rose in the previous two years but remained substantially lower than in past decades.

He also incorrectly claimed that two people “were shot and killed” in Chicago during then-President Barack Obama's farewell speech on January 10. Although Chicago has experienced a surge in murders compared with previous decades, no one was fatally shot in Chicago that day, police records show, much less during Obama's speech.

But I suppose we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

US to deploy 1,000 troops to Poland as Russian foreign minister accuses Nato of being a 'Cold War institution'
The US is preparing to deploy 1,000 troops and vehicles to northeastern Poland by the end of March to reassure Nato's Eastern European allies in the face of rising tension with Russia.

The unit, which will be part of 4,000 US troops deployed in rotation along Nato's eastern flank, will be located at Orzysz, Deutsche Welle reports.

The town sits 85 miles from Russia's Kaliningrad exclave, which is wedged between Poland and Lithuania.

“an absolute surge in both gun violence and rape in Sweden once they began this open door policy.”

Even the red herrings aren't that clear cut:
blog_sweden_crime_against_persons_2008_2016_0.jpg

blog_sweden_property_crime_2008_2015.jpg

blog_sweden_murder_1964_2014.jpg

Malmö's overall crime rate, both violent and property, has been pretty flat for the past decade, and the murder rate has been flat for the past three decades. All this has happened while the immigrant population in Malmö has increased more than tenfold.

So that leaves us with the recent gang wars, which have caused an uptick in murders over just the past couple of years. That's it. If you cherry pick a single city with a sudden upsurge in gang warfare, and then assume it's all the fault of immigrants, then Sweden becomes the poster child for immigrants and crime. But that's a pretty thin case.

And this quote from one of the Swedish police officers featured in the film Trump watched:
”We don’t stand behind it,” one of the officers said of the film. “It shocked us. He has edited the answers. We were answering completely different questions in the interview. This is bad journalism.”

Completely different questions? Surely not that insidious tactic?

So, even if we allow Trump *yet another* "what I meant to say was...", well, even that looks like *yet another* example of Trump spreading what he loves to call FAKE NEWS! :D

Last edited:
notice you omitted the rape statistics

Sweden has been faking crime statistics for years, so Immigrants are not "stigmatized"
they are even given a Swedish alias in court documents

A video from someone who lives in Sweden

"Sweden is what you get if Political Correctness is the state religion!"

it was claimed to represent the life of Adolphus Busch, it didn't
It represented it no less accurately than TV ads represent the 'lives' of Ronald McDonald and Mr Clean.

that was actually older than many, of my great-great grandfathers, one arrived at age 12, with his father, mother and siblings, the other arrived at age 14 with his brother, my other 4th generation ancestors where all born here
I mentioned his age in response to your statement about an ancestor selling his farm to finance his trip to America. Unless all of your siblings and parents had died, that was a young age to be the single owner of a farm even back then.

Back