President Elect Trump watch

Replace Trumpspeak with speech and it still holds up. Everyone is a sinner in the same ways (so we expect more from the president? Why? What about the last bunch of presidents even makes someone suspect that is even a reasonable expectation?) and anyone critiquing the details this way just looks nit-picky. That's what his supporters will see and this sort of "analysis" is just building some very thin ice for his opponents to stand on. Be far better to take the moral high ground than engage in micro-lawyering, but unfortunately the real high ground if off limits for the Dems as much as the Republicans because most of their good friends are crooks. Third party opportunity? Sure, it's always there, but this is the kind of smoke screen they always have to get their message through and, boy is it ever smokey these days!

No argument with any of that. I just thought it was mildly amusing.

Before Trump took office, the US drones that killed several members of the Tuaiman family used to come about once a week. Now they come every day.

Every day, as they hear the whine of the drones overhead, the Tuaiman family waits for Donald Trump to finish killing them.

The drones used to hover about once a week over al-Rawdah, the Yemeni village where the family lives, sending children running for cover.

Now, according to Meqdad Tuaiman, the drones come every day – sometimes three or four times. Usually they arrive in the afternoon. Other times they come after sundown and linger until sunrise.

The drones have not fired their weapons in four months, but their patrols have intensified since late January, when Trump took office. Meqdad, a 24-year-old used-car salesman and occasional pipeline guard, considers it no coincidence.

and:
Meqdad fears that Trump intends to make good on a promise he made in 2015: “When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families.”

US officials deny plans to implement such a policy, which legal experts say would constitute a war crime. But with three dead relatives, Meqdad is disinclined to rule it out.

“Basically, we felt that [Trump has] no respect for human life. We felt very afraid”, Meqdad said, in a telephone interview arranged by the human rights group Reprieve.

Meqdad said that if the US possesses any evidence against his family, “please bring it to court. We’re ready to explain in any US court.”

Hahaha - court?
COURT !?!?
What crazy talk!
You might be related to someone who might be a terrorist, so you'll be taken out by a drone and you'll bloody well like it!

Everybody knows that Obama was a remote-murder-by-drone-bastard.
Well, it appears that Trump is three times the remote-murder-by-drone-bastard that Obama was:
A similar trend is at work in Yemen. As of Wednesday, Trump’s 69th day in office, the US had conducted 37 drone strikes or raids beyond declared battlefields, at a rate of one strike every 1.8 days, said Zenko. Those strikes and raids have overwhelmingly focused on Yemen. The most recent came on Wednesday in Yemen’s southern Abyan province.

Zenko found that Obama approved strikes every 5.4 days.

Last edited:
Well, it appears that Trump is three times the remote-murder-by-drone-bastard that Obama was:
Even better, he is now selling weapons to known repressive regimes in Muslim countries as well:
The sale will send exactly the wrong signal to the dictatorship: that the White House thinks the political crackdown is not just morally acceptable but also not dangerous, when in fact it’s what’s fuelling the country’s instability”

September 2016 - Ret. Lt. Gen. Flynn commenting on Clinton accusations:

March 2017:
Ex-Trump Adviser Flynn Seeks Immunity Before Testifying On Russia Contacts
I like this little aside in the article
"Spokesman for House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes, Jack Langer, says otherwise: 'Michael Flynn has not offered to testify to HPSCI in exchange for immunity.' A House Democratic aide concurs: 'HPSCI Dems have not received an offer to testify to the committee for immunity.' "

It would be fun if he had full immunity. All the people whose laundry could be aired. Wouldn't be much stomach for that on either side of the aisle.

Trump's constant bullshitting went way past banal and boring many weeks ago but for some reason I found this snippet amusing:
TRUMP: I don't watch CNN anymore.

AP: You just said you did.

TRUMP: No. No, I, if I'm passing it, what did I just say (inaudible)?

AP: You just said —

TRUMP: Where? Where?

AP: Two minutes ago.

TRUMP: No, they treat me so badly. No, I just said that. No, I, what'd I say, I stopped watching them. But I don't watch CNN anymore. I don't watch MSNBC. I don't watch it. Now I heard yesterday that MSNBC, you know, they tell me what's going on.

AP: Right.

More Onion-like Trump fun here:
Officials put Trump's name in 'as many memo paragraphs as we can because he keeps reading if he's mentioned'
Tactic among a number developed to keep easily distracted President focused on important information
Donald Trump can only stay focused on intelligence reports if his name is in them, according to officials close to him.

Staff members are being forced to strategically include the President's name in the reports to ensure that he keeps reading and doesn't get distracted, they said. National Security Council officials make sure "as many paragraphs as we can because he keeps reading if he's mentioned", they told Reuters.
:lol:

And more:
images

Today's Mash:
Trump converts to Islam
trump425-6.jpg

DONALD Trump has confirmed that he is a now a Muslim.

The U.S. president publicly declared his new faith following his trip to Saudi Arabia.

Trump said: “I only came here for an arms deal, but I had a moment when I touched this glowing ball thing that looks like an 80s special effect.

“Being a Muslim is great, very spiritual.

“I can’t wait to get stuck into the prayers. I’ve already done two today, and they were the best prayers ever. And there’s three more to go!”

As part of his plans to institute Islam as the official religion of the United States, Trump will require all laws passed in Congress to conform with what he calls ‘Sahara law’, and is to replace the stars on the American flag with crescent moons.

Trump is expected to remain a Muslim until Friday, when he is due to meet with the Dalai Lama.

Back