Reaction score
proxy.jpg

Canada Says Only 28 Americans Have Applied for Trump-Related Refugee Status

Robert

Reaction score
Today's Daily Mash:
Farage to sing 'Happy Birthday, Mr President' at Trump inauguration

farage425.jpg

NIGEL Farage will wear a white dress and heels to serenade Donald Trump at his presidential inauguration, it has been confirmed.

With many high-profile performers rejecting offers to perform, the former UKIP leader has promised a ‘sultry’ and ‘husky’ rendition of Happy Birthday.

Farage said: “I’m going to strike just the right balance between mainstream family entertainment and outright eroticism.

“As well as being sensual, I am delicate and vulnerable, like a bird in a gilded cage, and I want to bring that across.

“Paul Nuttall might do a bit on his banjo too, if there’s time.”

Farage believes that a successful performance could lead to some sort of courtesan role that involves feeding Trump grapes with wearing a leather uniform.

metalman

Reaction score

Who is Charlotte Church?
and why would I care?
never heard of her/him/zer ??
Most Hollywood stars campaigned for Hillary and are boycotting too, who cares?
Most claimed they were leaving the country if Trump won, how come they were all going to move to Canada and not Mexico, the racists!

Trump can just play this video in a loop and everyone attending the inauguration will be happy

Robert

Reaction score
Who is Charlotte Church?

She's a Welsh singer (and a bit of a science buff) whom your president-elect has asked to sing at his inauguration.
Well known on this side of the pond.
Probably not so much in your country but apparently highly regarded* by someone whose opinion you seem to value and respect. ;)

and why would I care?

Oh, I didn't imagine you would.
At least not now that she said "no".

But from *my* perspective, his increasingly desperate scrabbling around for some credible but willing performers is rather amusing.

Trump can just play this video...

Hahaha - nice try but only if Roger Waters doesn't have to consent to his material being used by someone he thinks is "emotionally dead".

*Of course, as with everyone else who criticises the Donald, his high regard for Church is now almost certain to be replaced by some petulant tweet about how overrated she is.

metalman

Reaction score
Last edited:

metalman

Reaction score
Hahaha - nice try but only if Roger Waters doesn't have to consent to his material being used by someone he thinks is "emotionally dead".

he can get in line, there are numerous artists who objected to the use of their song's at Trump campaign rally's

But there is basically nothing they can do, but do an interview that they object, probably 20 or more already did that during the campaign

Trump purchased blanket licenses from the performers rights societies, eg BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC and can legally play any song on the license list

Robert

Reaction score
Trump purchased blanket licenses from the performers rights societies, eg BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC and can legally play any song on the license list

In the same way any common or garden pub, corner shop or working men's club can.

Yet Trump still feels the need to try to persuade actual performers, suggesting he doesn't think playing a music video will cut it in the way you seem to.

metalman

Reaction score
In the same way any common or garden pub, corner shop or working men's club can.

Yet Trump still feels the need to try to persuade actual performers, suggesting he doesn't think playing a music video will cut it in the way you seem to.

Since almost all of Hollywood was actively campaigning for Hillary, they are now going on strike to protest the election of Donald Trump

Celebrities Call For A Month Long Protest to Stop President Elect Donald Trump

Anyone who can be swayed by what Rosie O'Donnell, Cher, Miley Cyrus, Barbra Streisand, ... , didn't vote for Trump anyway

The only thing that matters is the Headline event, the swearing-in ceremony

JoBBo

Reaction score
USD near parity with the Euro.

http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/EURUSD=X?p=EURUSD=X

This hasn't happened since the 90's, when the dollar was stronger than the Euro. The worst conversion happened in 2008 when it cost about $1.58 for one Euro. Times they are a changing.
The European Union is the second most important trading partner for US exports (after neighbouring Canada and even before Mexico)... So.... yeah... Good luck with that.

Robert

Reaction score
Since almost all of Hollywood was actively campaigning for Hillary...

As far as Church and Waters are concerned, neither she nor any member of Pink Floyd have anything to do with Hollywood.

Furthermore, Waters' position is pretty close to my own; he sees Trump for the absolute scumbag that he is but has absolutely no time for Clinton either, as he makes abundantly clear in the link I posted above:

You seem to be falling into that same old trap of thinking that anyone who points out the (blatantly obvious) fact that Donald Trump is an arsehole, must therefore be a Hillary Clinton supporter.
(Yes, I know this cuts both ways - people often mistake me for a Trump fan for pointing out that Clinton is a scumbag. But still, it's simplistic to the point of idiocy.)

Robert

Reaction score
Trump asks vaccine critic to chair committee on vaccine safety?

Today, President-elect Donald Trump met with a backer of the false idea that vaccines may be behind the rise in autism diagnoses. The result seems to be a worst-case scenario: Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. has accepted a position within the Trump administration, where he will chair a group evaluating vaccine safety and scientific integrity.

Update: The Trump transition team is now telling CNN that, contrary to Kennedy's claims, no decision has been made about his appointment.

Trump has a history, on Twitter and in debates, of questioning the well-established science behind the US' vaccination program. He has insinuated that vaccines cause autism and has suggested that the current vaccination schedule is overly aggressive. There is absolutely no evidence for either of those positions. Numerous studies have debunked any connection between either vaccination or any specific components of vaccines and diagnoses of autism. And the vaccine schedule is based on a combination of medical risks and exposure probabilities; changing it would alter infants' risks.

It wasn't clear whether Trump's positions would lead to any policy decisions. But a worrying sign came when Trump met with Andrew Wakefield this fall. Wakefield helped establish fears of a vaccine-autism connection by publishing a paper, now retracted, that suggested a connection between the two. He has since had his medical license pulled due to misconduct during the preparation of that paper.

In terms of a loose grip on evidence, Trump and Wakefield have a kindred spirit in Kennedy. Kennedy has promoted the idea that a mercury-containing preservative used in vaccines causes autism. Even though the removal of the preservative from vaccines has not altered autism diagnosis rates, Kennedy has continued to argue that vaccines are unsafe.

-EDIT-
Cute comment under that article
Make Polio Great Again!

Last edited:

redrumloa

Reaction score
The European Union is the second most important trading partner for US exports (after neighbouring Canada and even before Mexico)... So.... yeah... Good luck with that.

I can now buy retro products from companies such as Individual Computers for a much better price.

I believe in a strong dollar, it helps every day people. Businesses? They'll deal with it.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Trump is officially the greatest president since Ronald Reagan, and he doesn't officially take office for another 9 days! So as metalman points out, 4Chan trolls intelligence agencies, some butthurt members of government leak the trolling, and Buzzfeed/CNN take the bait and reports completely laughable fake news. Of course Trump being a real man and not a sock puppet, slaps them down.

Trump berates CNN reporter: 'You are fake news'

President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday refused to take a question from a CNN reporter during his press conference, berating the network for “fake news.”

"Your organization is terrible," Trump told CNN’s Jim Acosta when he tried to ask a question.

"You're attacking us, can you give us a question?” Acosta replied.

"Don't be rude. No, I'm not going to give you a question. You are fake news," Trump responded, before calling on a reporter from Breitbart.

We finally have a president willing to strike back at CNN (Clinton News Network) on their outright bullshit propaganda. Buzzfeed has always been garbage, but CNN had respect in some circles. It is so heartening to see the president elect call them out as the filthy globalist propaganda liars that they are. They couldn't have sunk any lower than they did with reporting this 4Chan troll as news. Even leftist Washington Post called them out for crossing the line.

BuzzFeed and CNN have come under fire from other publications including The Washington Post who stated on Wednesday that the move to release the dossier "crossed the line."

CNN is the king of "Fake news" and has been forever, but their reign of terror is coming to an end. What little respect they're had is going out the window. You'd have to be pretty {bleep} stupid to believe anything they report after this episode.