President Elect Trump watch

redrumloa

Reaction score
Somewhat ironically, the Donald uses the phrase "grasping for straws" in that clip.

Trump uses the term 'groveling', but haven't you never seen someone being mocking another person by flailing about as such? It has nothing to do with a disability. People reporting Trump as specifically mocking the guy's disability are either being disingenuous, or need to come down from their ivory castle more.

People with disabilities want to be treated as equals, they shouldn't play the victim when they are treated as an equal. Equality doesn't mean a force field against criticism, it means equality for better or worse.

Last edited:

Robert

Reaction score
Today's Mash:
Trump eases world's nerves with rambling and demented speech

trump425-2.jpg

DONALD Trump has eased the world’s nerves with a waffling speech like a man who’d just been hit with a spanner.

Trump, who took the stage looking like he’d just run over his own dog, began his speech by rambling about something or other before denying everything and blaming everyone else.

US voter, Tom Booker said, “I feel a lot more at ease after watching him denying questions about pissing on prostitutes and saying that no one cares about his tax returns.

“Plus, he said that the inauguration is going to be beautiful so that’s that sorted anyway.

“A load of military bands by the sounds of it. Which isn’t reminiscent of North Korea or places like that at all.

“And I’m glad that he ended with the catchphrase from his TV show. That settled my nerves more than anything.”

Democrat voter, Carolyn Ryan added, “I’ll sleep better tonight knowing that as a germaphobe he must have been going through absolute hell shaking all those voters hands when he was out campaigning.”

Robert

Reaction score
And...

Come back when he shags a dead pig, says jaded Britain

pig4253.jpg

SEX claims against Donald Trump are ‘lightweight’ and do not even involve a farm animal, according to Britons.

Allegations that Trump watched prostitutes ‘defile’ a hotel room, which have shocked America, were dismissed as ‘basically vanilla’ by cynical Brits who demand far deeper sexual depravities from leaders.

Roy Hobbs of Glossop said: “So he just watched them? That’s local councillor level over here.

“When you’ve been through the Cameron pig allegations and watched the Thatcher cabinet orgy films on YouTube then this Trump stuff’s charmingly wholesome.”

83-year-old grandmother Susan Traherne said: “I didn’t even have to google ‘golden shower’. America needs to raise its game.”

She added: “Christ alone knows what Theresa May’s into. But I think I’m safe in saying she leaves no surviving witnesses.”

JoBBo

Reaction score
I can now buy retro products from companies such as Individual Computers for a much better price.

I believe in a strong dollar, it helps every day people. Businesses? They'll deal with it.
Yes. They will deal with it by firing every day people because US American products and services suddenly became 30% more expensive in a core export market.

Again, good luck with that.

Your political leader seems to understand that an excessively strong US dollar is undesirable: "Did China ask us if it was OK to devalue their currency (making it hard for our companies to compete)" (Source: Twitter - The accusation regarding devaluation is most likely wrong, but still.)

Last edited:

redrumloa

Reaction score
Yes. They will deal with it by firing every day people because US American products and services suddenly became 30% more expensive in a core export market.

Again, good luck with that.

Don't need good luck. The idea of a strong dollar is a no-brainer. I'm amazed you of all people are worried about businesses. Anyhow, businesses that hold assets and cash will see those increase in real value. Manufacturing companies running Nike Shoe sweet shops? They aren't here to begin with.

Your political leader seems to understand that an excessively strong US dollar is undesirable: "Did China ask us if it was OK to devalue their currency (making it hard for our companies to compete)" (Source: Twitter - The accusation regarding devaluation is most likely wrong, but still.)

It is more complicated than a single Tweet, and I'm sure Trump understands this. China devalues their currency alright, and what is the average salary of a Chinese worker?

According to CNN's online global wage calculator, which uses data from the International Labor Organization, the average annual salary of a worker in China's private sector was 28,752 yuan (about $4,755) in 2012

That's what happens when a country cares more about government and big business than it does every day people.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Don't need good luck. The idea of a strong dollar is a no-brainer.

Don't forget that one of the USAs biggest exports is US dollars. They take in a huge amount of real goods for the stuff, and then they also get to sell their debt for other people's money. That whole business depends on a strong dollar.

Robert

Reaction score
Trump can just play this video in a loop and everyone attending the inauguration will be happy

It's looking increasingly like he might have to:

And just in case there was still any doubt about Roger Waters' views on the Donald:
15995068_1293762140667588_1437282259757416307_o.jpg

metalman

Reaction score
And just in case there was still any doubt about Roger Waters' views on the Donald:

15995068_1293762140667588_1437282259757416307_o.jpg

With the inauguration of Donald Trump fast approaching, an all-star cast of Hollywood celebrities come together to sing their new anthem of despair, protesting Donald Trump's election

metalman

Reaction score
MSNBC’s constant coverage of Russia’s behavior took a hilarious turn Thursday night when a mystery glitch struck “Hardball,” then the screen went black.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
MSNBC’s constant coverage of Russia’s behavior took a hilarious turn Thursday night when a mystery glitch struck “Hardball,” then the screen went black.

Cunning. The Russians are hacking US TV channels to make the US people paranoid so that they will support their government attacking Russia. It all makes perfect sense.

redrumloa

Reaction score

I started watching this thinking it was a self aware spoof, and it turned out to be the exact opposite. Wow. Just how disconnected from reality are these people? That's some 'The Onion' or 'Spinal Tap' level shit right there, and they're serious?

Robert

Reaction score
The B Street band are pulling out.

The group had played the gala twice before to little controversy for President Obama and signed a contract for this year's gig in 2013, long before the presidential nominees were decided. But this year was different.

"As time went by, the complexity of the situation became real immense and intense," Forte tells Rolling Stone. "The band was caught in a hurricane. We didn't see this coming, of course."

Steven Van Zandt, the group's outspoken guitarist, tweeted of the B-Street Band, "Nice guys. Met them. I wouldn't say right or wrong. Up to them. But it's naive to think one can separate Art and Politics. Art IS Politics."

"The republic is under siege by a moron," Springsteen says in excerpts from upcoming Rolling Stone feature. "It's a tragedy for our democracy"

Forte agrees. "All this stuff made it clear to us that this event is not worth it," he says. "It's just a job to us. We're just trying to hold up a contract. We're not trying to prove anything. We're just a fun band!

"When I started this band 37 years ago, it was only about performing and making people happy," he adds. "I never thought the distortion of what we do as a band would've been so intense. I wish it never would've happened. We would've never got involved in this if I knew how this would turn out. I would trade in all the support and publicity just to go back to where we were four months ago. I don't think they'll ever be a cover band of our size in the history of music that will get the attention of something this big."

Speaking to Rolling Stone last week, Forte made it clear that both music and contractual obligations took precedence over politics.

JoBBo

Reaction score
Don't need good luck. The idea of a strong dollar is a no-brainer. I'm amazed you of all people are worried about businesses.
Care to point out any anti-business posts I made here on Whyzzat? Wait, you cannot because these are just more wild accusations from you not backed up by actual facts? Got it.

Anyhow, businesses that hold assets and cash will see those increase in real value. Manufacturing companies running Nike Shoe sweet shops? They aren't here to begin with.
Are car manufacturing plants in the US equivalent to Nike sweat shops in Asia to you?

It is more complicated than a single Tweet, and I'm sure Trump understands this. China devalues their currency alright
Actually, they have been inflating the value of their currency for a while now (by selling off reserves of foreign currencies in exchange for Yuan). Even "American conservative" publications reported as much in 2016. The Chinese understand that wild currency fluctuations are undesirable as they can cause serious side-effects, and they act accordingly.

That's what happens when a country cares more about government and big business than it does every day people.
No, this is what happens when you misinterpret data. With a population of 1 billion people, China is far, far less homogenous compared to much less populous countries (including the US or, say, the UK). The average salary for Chinese workers is about as informative as the average salary of workers living in all of the Americas (from Canada to Argentinia).

That being said, China is still considered to be an "emerging economy", not an advanced economy as found in many Western countries. The local salaries reflect this.