Presidnet Obama Promised End to Earmarks?

ltstanfo

Reaction score
Yeah, right. Sure he did. :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I know both parties constantly try to tag on earmarks but after all, Barack said they would go away... so what happened? :lol:

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Florida Republican Governer Charlie Christ promised us property tax and would "drop like a rock" and property insurance would go down drastically.

pffft :roll:

I swear, Fluffy's consiracy theories seem less far fetched every day.

redrumloa said:
I swear, Fluffy's consiracy theories seem less far fetched every day.

Have you ever met any human beings? Conspiracy is what they do, and the better they are at it the higher they rise.

Conspiracy may be too strong a word for it - at least in the sense that a lot of it is legal - but that's how the world runs - small groups of powerful people getting together to make things happen and deceiving others that those things are NOT happening.

You got your sports teams that spy on each other and try to hide their intentions with secret signals or deceptive plays and it's all fair coz that's the way it is, and you got your mafia with their deal making, police buying politician owning ways and that's ok because that's just what you'd expect from crooks (and politicians too, I guess, but the police? Surely not) and you've got your corporations that are all a) trying to scoop each other b) trying to get each other to invest in the wrong next greatest thing c) hiding all their secrets d) getting together to fix prices e) stabbing each other in the back over the fixed prices etc etc etc.

The world runs on conspiracies - you've probably been in some. We all have.

From ltstanfo's article:

The White House says this bill is just last year's unfinished business

From Cecilia's article we have:

Depending how you count them, there are upwards of 9,000 earmarks in the bill, which is the product of nine appropriations bills that were not passed last fall. The White House says Obama plans to sign the bill later this week after it passes the Senate. Obama's aides have downplayed the significance of the earmarks, saying they came from a budget process that mostly took place before Obama was elected.

Seems like he's honoring appropriations from before his time.

I'd say the jury is still out on this one.

I'd say the jury is still out on this one.
exactly

the asshats would like to get very anal about obama expecting that his very existence means everything will be Perfect

I have always seen him as human and only expect him to do his best. which seems to be what he IS doing.

I never expected Bush to be perfect. Of course, I knew he was incompetant, I just think i deserve better.

why that is such a hard concept really makes me laugh.

too many jackasses think politics is just a ballgame and you play by rooting for "your team"

I don't do that. i root for my country and Constitution

Back