Sports (with no politics)

Greatest rivalry in sport? The Yankees and Red Sox are bringing their 118-year baseball match-up to London, but The Ashes, Boca Juniors vs River Plate and the Old Firm derby all have hate-filled histories

Never been to any of the other 9 "grudge matches" on the list but have attended more Old Firm games than I can remember. Unfortunately the description of the encounter in this article is wildly inaccurate.

I'd also question the accuracy of the rankings.

In summary, the whole article is a pile of pish.

I'd also question the accuracy of the rankings.

In summary, the whole article is a pile of pish.

Yeah, I kinda agree with you. They got a US college rivalry in there, which typically has a lot of passion. But they went with Duke/NC? I guess... They're both good basketball programs, and it's a good game. But it's just basketball. Kind of a 2nd or 3rd most popular sport in US. I may be biased, but for pure hatred, can that even come close to Michigan / Ohio State? Hell of a football rivalry... And it's not just football. Hell, it's not even just sports. I mean, if the freakin' chess teams accidentally end up in the same restaurant, there's going to be bleeding geeks, broken chairs, and glass everywhere.

I don't know if many people heard about this outside of South Florida, but a very young Dolphins player lost his arm in an auto accident. All things considered, he is taking it all well. Poor guy, seems grounded and a nice kid.

This came as a pretty big surprise to me today.

Dolphins name Tua Tagovailoa starter: Here's why Miami made the right call to replace Ryan Fitzpatrick

The Dolphins started slow to begin the season, but now going into their bye week sit as 3-3 and just one game out of first in the division. The slow start I attribute to no preseason, almost no training camp, and having the youngest team in the league. They turned it around and are red hot going into their bye week. The blew out the defending NFC champs by 26 points, and the lowly Jest by 24 points in a shutout. 2 blowouts in a row, and wins in 3 of their last 4 games. That one loss in the last 4 games? A close one IN Seattle where they led at one point in the 4th quarter.

I figured as long as Fitzpatrick played well, and he's been playing the best football of his career this year, they'd stick with him. That said, I trust coach Flores more than any coach Miami has ever had since Shula left. He plays to win NOW and puts the player on the field he thinks gives the best chance to win NOW. If what he's seeing from Tua in practice is telling him he's is the better option over a red hot Fitzpatrick, so be it. If he's correct, the Dolphins will make the playoffs, and possibly even the division.

Here is what I posted to my Fakebook news feed. Really weird coincidence unless anyone has anything otherwise.

I am certainly NOT into numerology, and that is VERY unlikely to change. I want to get that out in the open before my question to anyone who is.

Anyone on my friends list into numerology? The Dolphins won by 11 points. Tua's number is #1. His first touchdown of his career was to #11 (Devante Parker). The date of the game is 11/1. The last time the Dolphins scored a touchdown on offense, defense AND special teams? Yup! 11 years ago TO THE DAY on 1/11(2009).
That is a crap ton of ones
1f62e.png

Jake Scott was the Super Bowl MVP for the 1972 Dolphins. That was the year of the ONLY perfect season in NFL history. We just lost the Super Bowl MVP on the best NFL team of all time

Report: Former Georgia, NFL great Jake Scott dead at 75

Scott went on to be drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the seventh round of the 1970 NFL Draft. He would go onto become a two-time Super Bowl champion -- both coming with the Dolphins -- and a 5-time Pro Bowl selection in a pro career that lasted until 1978. The 1972 season -- the first of Miami's two Super Bowl championship years with Scott on the roster -- saw the team post an undefeated record, and Scott would ultimately be named Super Bowl MVP that year.

I'm getting the feeling my Dolphins are back to prominence! For those who don't know, before coming to the Dolphins as head coach, Brian Flores spent a long career at the Patriots. He slowly moved his way up in the front office. Starting at the low rungs, over a ~couple decades made his way to acting Defensive Coordinator. This is his 3rd year as Dolphins head coach. He blew up the team in 2019 and did a full rebuild. He blew it up so much that it looked like that team would be the worst team of all time. Instead, he won 5 games including beating his former mentor in the final game of the year, knocking the Patriots out of a bye week, making them play a wild card game the next week, which they lost. Last year his Dolphins won 10 games and barely missed playoffs. This year the very first Dolphins game was played IN New England. The Patriots were the favorites due to offseason moves and Belicick's history. Dolphins won *IN* New England. It's rare a team beats the Patriots *IN* NE, but Flores is starting to pwn Belicick. This is unheard of.

Flores rulez.jpg

Flores rulez2.jpg

The student is topping the mentor. It's looking like the next dynasty is my Dolphins. It's early, but the needle is pointing that direction.

Look who is sitting all alone on top of the AFC East!
1f601.png

Week one Dolphins.jpg

:lol:

Dolphins 4th seed.jpg

All during Flores' reign.

Dolphins turnover chain.jpg

We're back! :banana:

Last edited:
First US International player at Rangers in almost a decade. I've no idea if he's any good but Rangers have good tradition with American players and they're generally decent. Hopefully he turns out to be a good investment.

Anyone here into HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts)? I'm practicing it now for about 2 years and absolutely loving it :)

Anyone here into HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts)? I'm practicing it now for about 2 years and absolutely loving it :)
Never tried it. Can't say knocking lumps out of each other with big sticks has ever really appealed but I'm a bit soft. :D

First US International player at Rangers in almost a decade. I've no idea if he's any good but Rangers have good tradition with American players and they're generally decent. Hopefully he turns out to be a good investment.
Our dandy new Yankee makes his debut in 20 minutes. My inexplicable excitement to see him play means he'll inevitably make a howling arse of something, causing Rangers to lose their first game in moths.

Back