The Chalkboard -- Post your status updates here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Took a while to find the old Chalkboard - partly because i'd forgotten what it was called. As a thread in the "general" board it gets burried easily. that's a shame because "coffee shop" convos (at least in my the coffee shops around me) tend to be quite often political and (pseudo-) intellectual, but sometimes it's nice to have a casual chitchat and status doesn't do that for me. - it's more of a fenced yard to bark from.
Maaybe we need a "Social Club" forum, a place for the more personal slice of lifey stuff. It seems that there are a few people who are missing that sort of thing.

Having said that, I realize that I personally tend to be rather more circumspect about sharing my personal life becaue I have strong opinions on-line and don't like to mix my personal life into the McDeath brand, but others would be more amenable.

Aside from that: I'm at the coffee shop again and it's cold - not freezing cold but the sky s gray and people are wearing jackets and hats. The leaves are coming down and I personally can't get my brain in order. The last week of work was mostly a week of sitting in confusion going round in circles over something that shouldn't even be difficult and yet... I wonder if I'm just getting old or if I am filling my head with too much "stuff" and should take a break, whether it is simply the winter blahs coming on or whether I have a galloping case of early senility.

cecilia

Reaction score
The leaves are coming down and I personally can't get my brain in order
it's typical when the seasons change.

I'm not looking forward to winter - it's hard on older people like my mother and aunt (when she was alive). So, even though winter isn't physically difficult for me it's mentally stressful
So, as i was driving today I forced myself to enjoy the fabulous colors that the trees are changing into. Can't change the coming seasons so might as well embrace it

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
Took a while to find the old Chalkboard - partly because i'd forgotten what it was called. As a thread in the "general" board it gets burried easily. that's a shame because "coffee shop" convos (at least in my the coffee shops around me) tend to be quite often political and (pseudo-) intellectual,
Coffee shops here are anything but intellectual :D

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
it's typical when the seasons change.

I'm not looking forward to winter - it's hard on older people like my mother and aunt (when she was alive). So, even though winter isn't physically difficult for me it's mentally stressful
So, as i was driving today I forced myself to enjoy the fabulous colors that the trees are changing into. Can't change the coming seasons so might as well embrace it
Your mom still going strong?

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
Aside from that: I'm at the coffee shop again and it's cold - not freezing cold but the sky s gray and people are wearing jackets and hats. The leaves are coming down and I personally can't get my brain in order. The last week of work was mostly a week of sitting in confusion going round in circles over something that shouldn't even be difficult and yet... I wonder if I'm just getting old or if I am filling my head with too much "stuff" and should take a break, whether it is simply the winter blahs coming on or whether I have a galloping case of early senility.
Nah, I think you just don't have a clear goal. And some 'mindfullness' (some kind of meditation) would do you some good I think

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Nah, I think you just don't have a clear goal. And some 'mindfullness' (some kind of meditation) would do you some good I think
Mybe. But it's written in a pretty clear spec - but I'm doing "premature optimisation" probably but I like to think of it as "getting the structure right".

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
This thread is now sticky, so at least you should be able to find it easier..

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
yes, she is. She was out today getting her flu shot, shopping and later putting the leaves in a bag - with me there, of course.

she will outlast me :)
Good to hear :) I'm also seeing my parents a lot. Even went to Naples/Pompeii with my mom last year

cecilia

Reaction score
Good to hear :) I'm also seeing my parents a lot. Even went to Naples/Pompeii with my mom last year
nice! I'm jealous! It's great living in Europe and getting to visit all these historic and beautiful places

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
nice! I'm jealous! It's great living in Europe and getting to visit all these historic and beautiful places
You should be! ;)
Seriously though, Pompeii is one of the most impressive parts of the world I've ever been; I vividly remember the burning sun on the huge old stones; lizards sunbathing on human remains, just being surrounded by the myths of millennia.

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
Oh btw the other most impressive part of the world I've been to was Death Valley, in your country. It was like stepping onto another planet.

cecilia

Reaction score
Oh btw the other most impressive part of the world I've been to was Death Valley, in your country. It was like stepping onto another planet.
I've been through parts of deserts out West - mostly on my way to Los Vegas - and, yes, very very otherworldly.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Great. People talking about their wonderful holidays. :/ And here I am sitting at work (confused again and frustrated again) - damned C, why do you have to type so much to get it to do stuff. Pretty sure I'd be done a few times over if I was using Python! But we need to get the startup time down so C it is, and let's see what else I can "optimize" while we're at it.

And now that the clocks have changed and the rain has come things are looking pretty gloomy outside already and it's only 3pm. In a couple of hours I'll head home in the dark and the rain and start moving things around in my basement so my contractors people can get to my pipes and electrical box tomorrow. Today is a grumpy day!

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
Those are wonderful memories, Fluffy,
wonderful, wonderful memories,
caressing me like a tantalus torment, never to be touched again but so, so very vivid.

Todays stress for me are more getting a project started properly, steering clear from pitfalls for me so clear yet for others vague and trivial.
But there's always a something on the horizon, for me it's Rome, where I'm going to with my sis next May.
Strange, I'm longing for the time to pass yet that is my biggest fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.