The discovery of new things on the site...

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
This is a thread to discuss the new things we discover on the updated site. I've already discussed a few in the "what the bleep just happened" thread, but here's a new one..

On the Profile Posts box, notice those three little dots to the right? (...) Clicking on those will allow you to interact with the profile post. "Like" it, "Comment" on it, etcetera...

Quoting for replies

If you highlight text from someone's message, a resulting popup gives you two options;
  1. +Quote: This option allows you to add the text to a multi-quote, meaning you can select more than one piece of text, add them all to separate quotes in your reply.
  2. Reply: This is a quick way to add the selected text to your reply. Different than multi-quote though as it's intended for only singular bits of text.

No matter where you are, home is a click away.

Scrolling down on the page will keep the menu bar at the top, regardless of what you do. Clicking the word/logo "WHYZZAT" in the menu bar always takes you home.

That little green blippy radarish thing to the top left of your avatar shows when another member is (or you are) online..

No matter where you are, home is a click away.

Scrolling down on the page will keep the menu bar at the top, regardless of what you do. Clicking the word/logo "WHYZZAT" in the menu bar always takes you home.
Just discovered something weird.
my laptop is using an older version of chromium and this feature works fine.

however, on a Chromebook using what I assume must be the latest Chrome the menu bar is NOT following me (like a Moon shadow) har har

no idea what the heck that's about.

everything else seems to be working, as near as I can figure out

EDIT!!!!

just figured it out!

the zoom % in Chrome was over 100% (where the menu didn't follow me) and when I changed it to exactly 100% the menu behaved as it should. Am I making myself clear?
wow, crazy!

btw, the zoom % in the Chromium browser is set to about 125% and doesn't negatively affect the menu behavior. Maybe because some code is being lax
or something :)

the zoom % in Chrome was over 100% (where the menu didn't follow me) and when I changed it to exactly 100% the menu behaved as it should. Am I making myself clear?
wow, crazy!
Weird enough. I only use Firefox and on occasion, Safari. Neither apparently have a problem with the zoom, so I can only presume it's a Chromium thing...?

Weird enough. I only use Firefox and on occasion, Safari. Neither apparently have a problem with the zoom, so I can only presume it's a Chromium thing...?
not a chromium thing - it works ok on my older version

it's a Chrome thing - newest version.

Ah, ok, "a browser thing" then.. :)

Just glad you were able to isolate the cause and make it work for you.

Ah, ok, "a browser thing" then.. :)

Just glad you were able to isolate the cause and make it work for you.
yeah, I always knew it was a browser problem, I just wasn't sure where the issue was at first....but what I like about accessing sites using different systems is that it does give me a chance to figure out where the problem is....at least sometimes

Back