the shape of Bezos' rocket

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
7B7F7EB4-29B4-48FF-AE01F28DC0982C23_source.jpeg

Does anyone else here think it looks, like, well, a giant dildo?
I suspect the Vengaboys have something to do with this

frankly, I don't give a rat's ass what some moron rich asshole does.
The last several years have been difficult and I don't want to waste my time even thinking about these idiots.

frankly, I don't give a rat's ass what some moron rich asshole does.
The last several years have been difficult and I don't want to waste my time even thinking about these idiots.
I hoped this would become a lighthearted thread on how much of a d*ck Jeff Bezos is even his rocket resembles one (or something like that).
But you sound bitter. As I understood NY has been hit seriously hard by the pandemic. Has it hit you personally as well? :(

p.s. to me everything post 2016 sucks in a serious bad way, so I understand the sentiment.

I hoped this would become a lighthearted thread on how much of a d*ck Jeff Bezos
Yes, That is a laudable ambition. Bezos is definitely a dick (har har). He's using his employees as slaves. This is all so well known, it's not as if I could add anything to that fact.

As I understood NY has been hit seriously hard by the pandemic
Yes, very early on. One of my mother's doctors died from covid (maybe around March or April, I'm not sure). He was quite a wonderful man and it's very tragic.
Fortunately, my family and small circle of friends all were VERY careful and no one got infected last year.

We are also fortunate that New York has a competent Governor. As soon as we saw infections he shut down certain areas, consulted with the scientists and had daily news announcements. He collaborated with the governors in nearby states to coordinate getting supplies etc.
He kept people informed and we heard from people living in states far away who appreciated his leadership.

I'm not saying it wasn't bumpy, but compared to the total incompetence by trump (who just ignored the virus) it was very reassuring.

NY got under control around late spring last year. And at least in my neighborhood, everyone wore masks in the food store. I didn't see any people revolting against these policies. I also live near a large hospital complex, so I'm sure almost everyone in the area knows someone who either works there or who's been in the hospital. So, I'm around people who are probably just a bit more aware of how dangerous this virus is.

to me everything post 2016 sucks in a serious bad way
yes, same here. Several members of my family have over the last years passed away (natural causes) and it's all been very stressful, to say the least.

yes, same here. Several members of my family have over the last years passed away (natural causes) and it's all been very stressful, to say the least.
You asked a long time ago who your "hero's" were. I couldn't answer that as "hero's" is kind of foreign to me.
But in 2017 my dad died of cancer. Until then I never realised he was my hero.

Yes, That is a laudable ambition. Bezos is definitely a dick (har har). He's using his employees as slaves. This is all so well known, it's not as if I could add anything to that fact.
Joking around makes it more visible on the internet though. .

Last edited:
Yes, very early on. One of my mother's doctors died from covid (maybe around March or April, I'm not sure). He was quite a wonderful man and it's very tragic.
Fortunately, my family and small circle of friends all were VERY careful and no one got infected last year.
Apart from the doctor, it's good to hear the latter.

es, That is a laudable ambition. Bezos is definitely a dick (har har). He's using his employees as slaves.

Something we wholeheartedly agree on, a rarity! He's a modern day Robber Baron.

I'm not sure what the point of having the crew capsule separate is. They basically just land the rocket with its thrusters but the crew capsule comes down on parachutes.

It'd be cooler if the capsule stayed attached and the crew, in space suits with parachutes, were ejected from the top of the ship at apogee.

in 2017 my dad died of cancer. Until then I never realised he was my hero.
I know how you feel.
I've also come to appreciate even more those people I've lost.
I mean I did try to tell them how much I cared about them when they were alive, but now that they are gone they have left a huge hole in my life

I know how you feel.
I've also come to appreciate even more those people I've lost.
I mean I did try to tell them how much I cared about them when they were alive, but now that they are gone they have left a huge hole in my life

It's gut wrenching. I still think about a close friend I lost in 1994 to this day, along with family lost in between . My parents are both falling apart and probably not long here. Very hard to just accept and soldier on.

Back