The Venezuela discussion thread, without political points taken.

redrumloa

Reaction score
I think Venezuela is now to the point where trying to get political points for "I told you so" on one side, or "it should have worked but" on the other side is probably poor taste. So how to fix it?

Venezuela: Nude Man Holding Bible Sprayed with Rubber Bullets During Protest

Screen-Shot-2017-04-21-at-3.56.04-PM-640x480.png

The man’s body sported countless wounds that appeared to be the product of a spray of rubber bullets, which continued as he climbed onto a military tank yelling, “stop throwing bombs,” referring to the tear gas canisters used against civilians.

“Please stop lobbing bombs, brother,” he repeatedly told the soldiers and members of Venezuela’s Bolivarian National Guard (GNB).

Videos of the man’s protest (warning: graphic) circulating on social media show him approaching authorities slowly, climbing on the tank and being immediately hit with a barrage of rubber bullets. Close-up images of the man show the book in his hand was, indeed, a Bible. On Thursday night, CNN quoted the man speaking to local media, stating that his rubber bullet wounds hurt less than the hunger facing Venezuela.

I lean towards isolationism in almost all situations these days, but Venezuela is getting ugly. I could post more examples, but it would get partisan political real quick. Without bickering on a partisan level, how does Venezuela get fixed? Is it even possible to discuss without getting too political? What a mess.