Tracking 'The Religion Of Peace'

Robert

Reaction score
We’re good thanks, England tells EDL

ENGLAND has told the English Defence League that they can stop trying to defend it now.

The ancient nation is embarrassed that other countries think it needs the help of some scrawny, misspelled tattoo wearers who reek of chip fat.

England said: “If the EDL really wants to defend somebody I’m sure Wales could do with all the help it can get.

“And ‘wdl’ is actually the Welsh word for an undescended testicle, so that dovetails nicely.”

England has also asked the RAF to drop EDL members into Afghanistan so they can fight all the Muslims they want while being cut to pieces in a hail of bullets.

The specimens will be enticed into the back of a Hercules transport plane using a trail of Stella Artois and deep-fried turkey parts.

redrumloa

Reaction score
We’re good thanks, England tells EDL

ENGLAND has told the English Defence League that they can stop trying to defend it now.

The ancient nation is embarrassed that other countries think it needs the help of some scrawny, misspelled tattoo wearers who reek of chip fat.

England said: “If the EDL really wants to defend somebody I’m sure Wales could do with all the help it can get.

“And ‘wdl’ is actually the Welsh word for an undescended testicle, so that dovetails nicely.”

England has also asked the RAF to drop EDL members into Afghanistan so they can fight all the Muslims they want while being cut to pieces in a hail of bullets.

The specimens will be enticed into the back of a Hercules transport plane using a trail of Stella Artois and deep-fried turkey parts.

Looks like the reporter with Tommy Robinson was correct. People being murdered by Radical Islamic Terrorism is funny to leftists.

Did you mean to post this to Political Jokes, or are you really having a laugh at the expense of dead people?

the_leander

Reaction score
Tommy's biggest problem is that when he gets angry or upset he runs his mouth, Islamic or Islamic extremist becomes Muslim and so on. It's very easy to paint him as some kind of far right extremist when that happens.

Ironically one of the Osman orders he received was based on threats made against him by neo nazis when he refused to hand over the edl to them.

Instead they just waited for him to get banged up and took over in his absence.

But what would I know, I'm just a working class white guy with an 11 year old daughter living 5 minutes from Rotherham...

redrumloa

Reaction score
Tommy's biggest problem is that when he gets angry or upset he runs his mouth, Islamic or Islamic extremist becomes Muslim and so on. It's very easy to paint him as some kind of far right extremist when that happens.

I take he is really just an everyday guy thrust into speaking out because his elected officials have utterly failed him. It takes some balls to put your life and livelihood at risk. It's hard to control your emotions when events like this take place. In general someone like this on the right tries to clarify themselves but are branded for life. Someone on the left does the same or far far worse, and they are given a pass if ever even reported on. The double standard is not an accident.

Ironically one of the Osman orders he received was based on threats made against him by neo nazis when he refused to hand over the edl to them.

Instead they just waited for him to get banged up and took over in his absence.

And it sounds like he is blamed for for radical elements taking over. Also, it is amazing the how so many of the left become apologist for radical Islam over, and over, and over, based on some sort perceived slight or injustice. That same mentality does NOT extend to non Radical Muslims and most certainly does not extend to white people.

But what would I know, I'm just a working class white guy with an 11 year old daughter living 5 minutes from Rotherham...

I'm glad you and your daughter are OK. It sucks even worse when it is so close to home. We had the recent Fort Lauderdale Airport shooting here which is 5 minutes away. Radical Islamic Terrorism isn't some abstract concept to be debated by the upper class and limousine liberals while sipping Moet, this is a very real life or death concern for average citizens.

the_leander

Reaction score
I take he is really just an everyday guy thrust into speaking out because his elected officials have utterly failed him. It takes some balls to put your life and livelihood at risk. It's hard to control your emotions when events like this take place. In general someone like this on the right tries to clarify themselves but are branded for life. Someone on the left does the same or far far worse, and they are given a pass if ever even reported on. The double standard is not an accident.

He was educated to GCSE level (and did quite well - he's not stupid) which is roughly equivalent to a high school diploma in the US as I understand it. Like many working class men, he applied for an apprenticeship and was working at an airport doing that. He also at some point had several small businesses on the go. So yes, just an average working Joe.

I think the scene needs to be set somewhat in terms of what happened. At the time he went active politically, the left wing Labour party were in power, their ground level activists would go into local Mosques and offer to help deal with things like Islamaphobia in exchange for votes (Muslims as a group tend to vote as a bloc). I saw this first hand as they still do it today and up until 3 years ago was involved with friends with a local Imam, regularly attended Zikr and helped to prepare the food. Essentially, for votes, they would receive light touch policing.

Now comes the tricky bit. Most Muslims in the UK are from Pakistan, Bangladesh and India, within the Pakistani community there exists some seriously deep seated xenophobia and sectarianism. Non Muslims in general (just ask the Sikhs and Hindus) are looked down on with Europeans in particular viewed as inferior. Even among white converts there is a general feeling of being treated as second class, and god help you if you as a white person marry a Pakistani. Doubly so if you're a white girl. They take a very dim view of miscegenation. Non Muslim white girls however are reserved a whole other level of contempt - being viewed as less than dogs. "Easy meat" is a term I frequently hear on busses around here coming from Asian boys and girls about them. These views however are not shared by other nationalities that are predominantly Muslim.

All of this, coupled with a view within the Pakistani community that any girl who started menses is a woman is what led to Rotherham happening. And this has happened in at least a half dozen major cities across the UK, including Luton where Robinson is from.

Going to the police didn't help as they viewed the girls as a bunch of slags and junkies (one of the way these grooming gangs would operate was in pressuring their victims into taking drugs, at which point they knew most of society would write them off). Social services were ordered by their head at the time to bury it for fear of the news causing riots (I leave it to the reader to judge who would be rioting) and the Labour party nationally had no interest in disturbing a large, reliable voting bloc that maintained their power in a lot of poorer cities.

So he organises a small protest about a particular radical Islamist group in Luton that had links to Al Quieda.

All hell breaks loose and he's now on the government's shitlist for {bleep} with their voting bloc, the media denounce him as the second coming of Hitler and on and on. Robert correctly points out that the response the police gave him and his small group of activists was the primary cause of the formation of the EDL. A lot of this is very very old and my memory clearly isn't what it used to be.

Thing is, he's not (or at least wasn't) right wing, hell, before all of this kicked off he was a Labour supporter. He was worse than a right winger - he was a heretic.

And it sounds like he is blamed for for radical elements taking over. Also, it is amazing the how so many of the left become apologist for radical Islam over, and over, and over, based on some sort perceived slight or injustice. That same mentality does NOT extend to non Radical Muslims and most certainly does not extend to white people.

The left's protection of Islam originally stemmed from the right's broad generalising of all Muslims being secret terrorists in the wake of September 11th (freedom fries anyone?). But you're right - he was nominally in charge, so he took the blame. But well before that, the media had written him off as a neo nazi even as actual neo nazis were burning EDL banners and issuing death threats against him.

I'm glad you and your daughter are OK. It sucks even worse when it is so close to home.

My daughter lives with my ex wife, who goes through men at a similar rate to that which I eat cooked breakfasts. Each new man is then called "dad", so whether or not she is OK remains to be seen. Certainly she fits the profile that many of the girls who fell into the hands of these gangs did - lower class, from a broken home. But I do genuinely appreciate the sentiment.

We had the recent Fort Lauderdale Airport shooting here which is 5 minutes away. Radical Islamic Terrorism isn't some abstract concept to be debated by the upper class and limousine liberals while sipping Moet, this is a very real life or death concern for average citizens.

As with all things I think a careful, balanced approach is necessary. I think most Muslims are sick to the back teeth with the loonies, they're angry that local governments only ever seem to want to talk to the loons as being representatives of the Muslim community, fed up of the media overlooking their genuine efforts to try to build bridges with the communities around them etc etc. So finding a workable solution is a tricky one.

metalman

Reaction score
It was Khalid Masood

Kent born

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39372154

I think the question is what caused the seed of discontent to enter his thought train and then ferment ?

maybe its something he read ..... The Quran!

"Islam is not just a religion as most Western citizens recognize the term “religion,” a faith; it is also a political ideology, a legal order, and in many ways also a military doctrine associated with the campaigns of the Prophet Muhammad. Political Islam rejects any kind of distinction between religion and politics, mosque and state. Political Islam even rejects the modern state in favor of a caliphate."

"I prefer to differentiate among Medina Muslims, who embrace the militant political ideology adopted by Muhammad in Medina; Mecca Muslims, who prefer the religion originally promoted by Muhammad in Mecca; and reformers, who are open to some kind of Muslim Reformation."

"These distinctions have their origins in history. The formative period of Islam can be divided roughly into two phases: the spiritual phase, associated with Mecca, and the political phase that followed Muhammad’s move to Medina. There is a substantial difference between Qur’anic verses revealed in Mecca (largely spiritual in nature) and Qur’anic verses revealed in Medina (more political and even militaristic). There is also a difference in the behavior of the Prophet Muhammad: in Mecca, he was a spiritual preacher, but in Medina he became a political and military figure."

''Dawa as practiced by Islamists employs a wide range of mechanisms to advance the goal of imposing Islamic law (sharia) on society. This includes proselytization, but extends beyond that. In Western countries, dawa aims both to convert non-Muslims to political Islam and to bring about more extreme views among existing Muslims. The ultimate goal of dawa is to destroy the political institutions of a free society and replace them with strict sharia. Islamists rely on both violent and nonviolent means to achieve their objectives."

Robert

Reaction score
Tommy's biggest problem is that when he gets angry or upset he runs his mouth...

Or head-butts someone.

Or blames all muslims.

This is the problem I have with the idea that Tommy is "just an ordinary guy".
If someone is "just an ordinary guy" who, when angered, may have a tendency towards violence or sectarian generalisations, I no longer consider that person "just an ordinary guy".

And I'm also a working class white guy, living two minutes walk from the biggest mosque in Scotland.

metalman

Reaction score
C7vI5i_XkAA9B_n.jpg

redrumloa

Reaction score
Interesting that you consider satire to be in too bad taste but deem this OK. No irony there at all.

Metalman and I are not the same person, just so you know.

Anyhow his picture while it may be ironic, isn't satire. It isn't demonizing a group of people. It is pointing out that your political leaders have completely failed you. I don't know if I would have posted it in here myself, but I don't think it is in quite as bad taste as yours.

the_leander

Reaction score
Or head-butts someone.

And what were the circumstances behind this?

Or blames all muslims.

Already covered this.

This is the problem I have with the idea that Tommy is "just an ordinary guy".
If someone is "just an ordinary guy" who, when angered, may have a tendency towards violence or sectarian generalisations, I no longer consider that person "just an ordinary guy".

That's your choice. But it doesn't take away from the fact he is just an ordinary guy thrust into some pretty extreme circumstances.

And I'm also a working class white guy, living two minutes walk from the biggest mosque in Scotland.

I must have missed the part where there is an active grooming gang operating from that mosque.

Robert

Reaction score
And what were the circumstances behind this?

Tommy lost his temper.
He claims it was because a Neo-nazi had joined the EDL. I'm not sure I believe that but even if I did, it wouldn't be an excuse for head-butting someone, although I get the impression you think it would.

It wasn't a one-off, either.

Already covered this.

Already excused it, you mean.
As with his propensity towards violence, "I got a bit angry" isn't particularly convincing when it happens repeatedly.
If your spokesperson can't be trusted to speak without making sectarian generalisations, it might be time for a new spokesperson.

But it doesn't take away from the fact he is just an ordinary guy thrust into some pretty extreme circumstances.

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing ordinary about being a violent bigot.

I must have missed the part where there is an active grooming gang operating from that mosque.

And I must have missed the part where that excuses his behaviour.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Yes, there are ongoing concerns surrounding the mosque. That's one of the reasons I mentioned it.
It's possible to live in close proximity to such a place, have concerns about it and Islam in general, without resorting to bigoted, violence loving rabble-rousers like Tommy Robinson.

I know people without children absolutely hate when parents/grandparents say the next statement, but it is true. Once you have children, your whole world view changes forever. I don't mean a deadbeat sperm donor or an abortion queen, I mean a responsible loving parent. Your primary worldview does not come from self preservation anymore, it comes from a primal instinct to protect your children/grandchildren.

Back on Tommy Robinison himself, do I understand correctly that you are upset he headbutted an actual Neo-Nazi?

redrumloa

Reaction score
Wait, I thought Trump was a racist and we should building bridges and not walls?

Report: Steel Walls Pop Up Around Tourism Hubs In London After Terror Attack

Not long ago, liberals in the U.S. praised Londoners for protesting President Donald Trump with signs that read “BUILD BRIDGES NOT WALLS.”

That motto appears to have failed.

Bollards and large metal barriers have popped up in London’s tourist hubs following Wednesday’s terror attack that killed five people.

Following the attack, the UK’s Prime Minister Theresa May announced the region would not be updating its terror threat level, which remains at severe, according to TheHindu.com.

The Sun reportsthat a number of barriers now form “a ring of steel” around London’s landmarks. This is reportedly part of London’s effort to “strengthen defenses and prevent another attack.”

nintchdbpict000311482941.jpg

the_leander

Reaction score
Tommy lost his temper.
He claims it was because a Neo-nazi had joined the EDL. I'm not sure I believe that but even if I did, it wouldn't be an excuse for head-butting someone, although I get the impression you think it would.

My first question is was this before or after he received death threats from Neo-Nazis? Specifically the ones that garnered Osman orders, because if after, it puts a rather different spin on things.

It wasn't a one-off, either.

Indeed not. I've never said he was an innocent, indeed in most of his interviews he is up front about what he has done.

But then again, if you're attempting to stop authoritarians of either side from taking over a social movement of any description, things are rarely if ever clear cut or neat.

Already excused it, you mean.

Not at all, I pointed to a specific, repeating pattern of behaviour. Something that could be easily verified.

As with his propensity towards violence, "I got a bit angry" isn't particularly convincing when it happens repeatedly.
If your spokesperson can't be trusted to speak without making sectarian generalisations, it might be time for a new spokesperson.

True enough, on the other hand he was an organiser and has been pretty much spot on when it comes to extremists. He was protesting Abu Hamza for years before he became the public figure of hate. Likewise he was one of the first to speak publicly about the grooming gangs.

I'm not saying this couldn't have been done by someone who was "clean". But the response he got from the authorities means that anyone who pointed these uncomfortable truths out would not remain so for long.

And I must have missed the part where that excuses his behaviour.

When it's your family being attacked, it changes everything.