Trade War with Canada.

I do find it funny that Obama took this route. And it's really not just Canada that's affected, but we're the first to make a big deal of it. This issue would be a good rally call for Republicans as it seems those affected are part of the base supporters (blue collar workers). The one good thing about Dems is that they're not afraid to flip flop, so who knows, he might make the right choice and scrap this protectionist BS.

I don't see any reason why governments should ever look outside of their own jurisdiction when buying goods and services so long as a supplier exists who can meet the requirements. When the government spends in their own back yard a portion of the spending always comes back directly as tax and the rest goes to stimulate the local economy and in turn increases tax revenue. It's in a governments best interest to do so. Governments aren't private businesses and operate under different rules. Whereas a private business pays benefits to a small number of owners, the government is owned (in theory) by everyone.

P.S. I would be very happy to see this break NAFTA.

Back