Trump bombs Syria

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
According to his supporters, being a supposed billionaire makes him fully incorruptible. (So, remember: Always vote for the richest candidate!)
Vote for the candidate that most of the elites hate. Why they hate him, I don't particularly care, but whatever it is will put them out of their preferred environment. If you have managed to see through the endless media screeching about Trump and his ties to Russia and the "incompetence" of putting together his administration, the real powers have outed themselves and I think a lot of people will have noticed who hadn't noticed yet.
Particularly the late fuss about whether looking at Trumps communications throughout the campaign counted as "legal" or whether it was literally "wiretapping" or not, has exposed that the intelligence services have become the secret police of the ruling class and that, for the most part the media is part of that class. That might not be news to most of us but there will be twenty-somethings noticing for the first time and that is the group that was driving the anti-status-quo campaigns of both Trump and Sanders.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Vote for the candidate that most of the elites hate. Why they hate him, I don't particularly care, but whatever it is will put them out of their preferred environment. If you have managed to see through the endless media screeching about Trump and his ties to Russia and the "incompetence" of putting together his administration, the real powers have outed themselves and I think a lot of people will have noticed who hadn't noticed yet.
Particularly the late fuss about whether looking at Trumps communications throughout the campaign counted as "legal" or whether it was literally "wiretapping" or not, has exposed that the intelligence services have become the secret police of the ruling class and that, for the most part the media is part of that class. That might not be news to most of us but there will be twenty-somethings noticing for the first time and that is the group that was driving the anti-status-quo campaigns of both Trump and Sanders.

^^This^^

The older people who believe the globalist controlled corporate media will continue to walk lockstep with "Trump is evil because Trump is evil" narrative they are fed, because they are set in their ways. The younger generation who are still forming their political opinions are getting a real good look at the man behind the curtain. They are savvy enough to not blindly believe their TV and to actually read Wikileaks. The big Sanders and Trump supporters are closer in many ways than the media will admit. Politically they are polar opposites, but how they view the controlled media and the elites pulling the strings are near identical. When people on both sides see the controlled media uniformly attacking memes as "racist", they know they are witnessing propaganda and not news.

A perfect example is a local 17 year old kid I know who was only about 6 months too young to vote. Early on he was supporting Sanders, but pretty quickly switched to Trump once he really understood their politics. Hildabeast was never even in the conversation.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
I just sent an angry email to my Prime Minister for supporting an illegal act of aggression for political purposes.

Robert

Reaction score
Trump plans to bomb Syria and blame Assad, Vladimir Putin claims

"We have information from different sources that these provocations - I cannot call them otherwise - are being prepared in other regions of Syria, including in the southern suburbs of Damascus where there are plans to throw some substance and accuse the official Syrian authorities," Mr Putin said.

He added that some countries had voiced their support for the US air strike on Syria in order to build closer relations with the new Trump administration.

"It reminds me of the events in 2003 when US envoys to the [UN] Security Council were demonstrating what they said were chemical weapons found in Iraq," Mr Putin said. "We have seen it all already."

On the investigation into the chemical attack, Mr Putin said: “We plan to turn to the United Nations bodies in The Hague and call on the global community to thoroughly investigate into this incident and make balanced decisions based on the investigation’s outcome.”

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
What a fair and balanced article and video. At least it starts working from the premise that Putin and Assad are both Hitler and Trump is ... erm ... is? The ... President of the US who should be taken seriously? Is that what they are saying? And ISIS are ... well, I don't remember if they said anything about ISIS so they must not really exist - it's just the "people" peacefully protesting.

It's an incredible transformation, I must say. You can go from being a bumbling incompetent elitist misogynist corporatist communist boob one minute to being the western world's greatest stud/defender of freedom and have the entire "civilised" world and its media sucking your dick with just one brief expensive bombing campaign / act of aggression.

Robert

Reaction score
What a fair and balanced article and video. At least it starts working from the premise that Putin and Assad are both Hitler and Trump is ... erm ... is? The ... President of the US who should be taken seriously? Is that what they are saying?

Who knows? I certainly don't nor do I really care.
I didn't watch the video and was only really interested in Putin's quotes.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
I didn't watch the video and was only really interested in Putin's quotes.
Let me not surprise you too much by saying that I agree with many of the things Putin is quoted as saying here, but I found the tone of the page very interesting. Not even a fig leaf of objectivity from the Independent.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Let me not surprise you too much by saying that I agree with many of the things Putin is quoted as saying here, but I found the tone of the page very interesting. Not even a fig leaf of objectivity from the Independent.

Nope. Here in the US the Liberal Media are suddenly BFF with Trump, praising him for his "presidential" bombing. Strangely they aren't running 24/7 stories about him being the devil himself, nor giving any airtime at all for protestors. We're supposed to all forget about all that and if we weren't waving flags, we should wave them now.

I'm guessing they explained to him that this time the "magic bullet theory" wouldn't just take him out, but also his family.

Robert

Reaction score
Let me not surprise you too much by saying that I agree with many of the things Putin is quoted as saying here...

As I said, it was what he said that I was interested in too. It was the first report of his comments I'd seen so I just scanned down until I found them. The rest of the article was of little interest and barely registered.

redrumloa

Reaction score
As I said, it was what he said that I was interested in too. It was the first report of his comments I'd seen so I just scanned down until I found them. The rest of the article was of little interest and barely registered.

I have to wonder, is the BBC and other UK media doing a complete 180 and glorifying Trump now?

Robert

Reaction score
I have to wonder, is the BBC and other UK media doing a complete 180 and glorifying Trump now?

They already did that (albeit very briefly) with Trump *and* Russia, a few days after Trump won the election. I mentioned as much here.

Ever since the "Dodgy Dossier" imbroglio, the BBC has effectively been a UK government mouthpiece, particularly when it comes to foreign policy. I think both the BBC and the government were caught a little off guard when Trump won and were not sure how to respond. First they both dramatically changed course towards Trump, before back-pedalling somewhat. With Boris Johnson now tub-thumping for Trump's war plans, it's no surprise that the BBC will get onboard.

As for other UK media, the right wing press generally got behind Trump as soon as they knew he had won. They haven't moved much since.
Left wing press (i.e. Independent and Guardian - there isn't much else worth mentioning) have mostly been anti-Trump but some at those papers hate Assad and/or Putin more than they hate Trump. Many of these so-called "left wingers" also love a war and consider it unpatriotic to criticise one involving "our boys".

Robert

Reaction score
More presidential quotes, from the BBC this time. Again, I haven't read the accompanying article so no idea of the slant.

Trump:
"Frankly, Putin is backing a person that's truly an evil person... if Russia didn't go in and back this animal, you wouldn't have a problem right now."

But Mr Trump also said: "Just so you understand, we're not going into Syria."

Putin:
"Where is the proof that Syrian troops used chemical weapons? There isn't any."

Referring to the US air strike, he said: "But there was a violation of international law. That is an obvious fact."

And despite hopes that US-Russia ties would improve under a Trump presidency, Mr Putin said: "One could say that the level of trust on a working level, especially on the military level, has not improved, but rather has deteriorated."

Trump's rapprochement with Russia seems to be going wonderfully.
What next, a no fly zone?

Robert

Reaction score
US coalition air strike hit Isis poison gas supplies yesterday releasing substance 'killing hundreds', claim Syrian army
A statement on behalf of the Syrian army said the bombing at around 5.30pm local time (3.30pm BST) on Wednesday in the eastern Deir al-Zor province hit the terror group’s stockpile, without giving details of which toxic substance it might be.

Syrian state-owned news agency Sana reported the air strike, on the village of Hatla, as a “white cloud that became yellow as a result of the explosion of a huge store that includes a large amount of toxic materials”.

There was also no immediate independent confirmation or reaction from the US coalition, which has operated in the skies above Syria since 2014.

The incident proved that Isis and al Qaeda-linked militants "possess chemical weapons", a statement by the army aired by Syrian state TV said.

Robert

Reaction score
Another content-free op-ed from Robert Fisk, the end of which is:
The problem is that we know Assad’s opponents have chemical weapons – some captured, I suspect, from Syrian government stocks before Assad handed them over to the West for destruction on Putin’s orders. Other chemicals passed across the northern frontier of Syria from Turkey (Nato member and a “friend” of the West, before Erdogan went bonkers). And if the Syrian military did use chemicals “on their own people” why should they do so when they are now winning their war with Isis and when such use would clearly embarrass Putin?

Yet oddly, the American media have fallen back into Saddam mode. Not only are they seriously talking about Trump’s “policy” in the Middle East (something he clearly doesn’t have) but are talking, in The New York Times last week, about Assad’s “depravity” – precisely the word the US press used about Saddam when they were supporting Bush’s path to war in Iraq and publishing his lies about the Iraqi dictator.

Oddly, the Americans started suggesting further missile strikes, not just if Assad uses chemicals, but if he uses barrel bombs again. The trouble with this argument is that the regime has been using barrel bombs for three years. Was this also a change in Trump policy? I doubt it. I think the White House are just so ill informed and plain dumb that they don’t know when barrel bombs were first used in the Syrian war.

Trump’s team then appeared to roll back on the barrel bombs threat. Perhaps someone tipped them off about this little bit of history, too?

Gas, cruise missiles, barrel bombs, Hitler and the American media. Mix them all up and I suppose you get Trump’s new policy in the Middle East.

Robert

Reaction score
Back to quotes.
Assad this time, from the Independent:
Allegations that his forces had deliberately poisoned civilians were ''100 per cent fabrication'', the president said on Thursday, adding that the Syrian government gave up its chemical weapons stocks as part of a 2013 agreement.

"Our impression is that the West, mainly the United States, is hand-in-glove with the terrorists. They fabricated the whole story in order to have a pretext for the attack."