Use of flash found ...

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
With most of the world gunning for flash and even Adobe not being very keen on maintaining it - I was kind of surprised to find that when flash just died for me now (as it does regularly because .... it's flash) that the file upload button died. Flash for file upload? Really? I'm kind of surprised and wonder what functionality they require from it.

Seems strange that anyone would use flash for this. Is use of flash for this configurable?

Ummm... Flash for the upload button to for a message here? I wasn't aware it used Flash at all, for anything...

Ah. Didn't realize it was a configurable option... I can turn it off, but the reason it's used is to allow for the multiple uploads (same time) and to show the progress bars.

Use Flash Uploader
Using the Flash uploader allows those visitors with Adobe Flash installed to select multiple files to upload once, and to see a progress meter during the upload.

Part of my new job involves maintenance of a Flash website.
Even still, I have to confess that I haven't the first clue about Flash (other than the well known security concerns).

did you turn something off because I no longer see wallpapers. Just a blue gradient

hmm, wallpaper taking longer to load

Bitch bitch bitch... ;)

I changed the wallpaper. It's still rotating every 60 seconds. Will change it back later. I guess we've totally abandoned the concept of topics.

Last edited:
Bitch bitch bitch... ;)

I changed the wallpaper. It's still rotating every 60 seconds. Will change it back later. I guess we've totally abandoned the concept of topics.
no no no

we still have topics.......I'm just disoriented

:banana: there, the banana comforts me

I thought of this Flash:
Flash-Gordon.jpg

Not to be confused with :
Fleshgordon2dvd.jpg

(which I only mention because it stars Vince Murdocco who can still be found occasionally slinging espresso in his dad's café a block from where I used to live).
I don't know that one.
I suspect it's not about heroism against all odds, is it?

Back