Well he told you so.

I think it's appropriate here to include the response of the people who wrote the report that the GOP are basing this on:

It has come to my attention that an analysis we conducted examining proposals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, Report No., 146, Assessment of U.S. Cap-and-Trade Proposals, has been misrepresented in recent press releases distributed by the National Republican Congressional Committee.

The whole thing here.

Only one problem with their response.

"We assumed in the analysis we did that the revenue is returned to households."

That one sentence negates every other piece of information in their reply.

First it has to pass through the hands of the gas companies, the utility companies, etc. etc. etc.
Then once the tax revenue is collected by the government it gets spent. You may or may not like the way it is spent, but spent it will be. Just another opportunity for Senators, Congressmen, Obama, and other folks that know how to spend your money better than you do.

Perfect example; Murtha's airport.

So much for not taxing people making under $250,000. By Obama's own word the middle class will pill pick up the bill for the welfare class. We all know the wealthy (Obama's buddies) will have tax loopholes, so the middle class will end up paying the whole thing. Typical democrat president who loathes the idea of a middle class, he only wants there to be lords and peasants. Of course there will be very few lords, most of us will be peasants :x

I guess Al Gore's trees need more lights :roll:

Fade said:
Only one problem with their response.

"We assumed in the analysis we did that the revenue is returned to households."

That one sentence negates every other piece of information in their reply.

It does if you can demonstrate the assumption will not be a part of the legislation.

redrumloa said:
So much for not taxing people making under $250,000. By Obama's own word the middle class will pill pick up the bill for the welfare class. We all know the wealthy (Obama's buddies) will have tax loopholes, so the middle class will end up paying the whole thing. Typical democrat president who loathes the idea of a middle class, he only wants there to be lords and peasants. Of course there will be very few lords, most of us will be peasants :x

I guess Al Gore's trees need more lights :roll:

Find the members of the house in either party that aren't millionaires. Find the members of the house that aren't on the take from the meg-corps. And stop trying to make believe there is a difference between red and blue. Reagan started this class divide. The GOP still try to spin the myth that he was something he was not but the thing he most assuredly was, was an enemy of the middle class. Trickle down? Supply side? Bull. That was just mumbo jumbo from the robber barrons and they ran the Reagan Whitehouse and every one since.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Find the members of the house in either party that aren't millionaires. Find the members of the house that aren't on the take from the meg-corps. And stop trying to make believe there is a difference between red and blue. Reagan started this class divide. The GOP still try to spin the myth that he was something he was not but the thing he most assuredly was, was an enemy of the middle class. Trickle down? Supply side? Bull. That was just mumbo jumbo from the robber barrons and they ran the Reagan Whitehouse and every one since.

I don't like hardly any of the bastards in gov right now, right or left. As bad as most of the GOP is right now (see my complaints about FL governor), the democrats are far far worse.

You won't get me to lump Regan in with these idiots, sorry.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Find the members of the house in either party that aren't millionaires. Find the members of the house that aren't on the take from the meg-corps.
I don't believe Ron Paul is under the thumb of corporations. but he's unusual

Regan may have had some good points (don't look to me to list them)...but he fucked the middle class.

Back