We've had some rain lately

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
I have $24k of goods enroute from from Ontario that's been turned back to wait in Calgary. There is currently no land route between Vancouver and the rest of Canada. There are routes through the US but drivers would need to get COVID tests to come back in and there may be import/export issues at the crossing points.
And the roads aren't just flooded - they are buried or swept away in land slides. Interesting times.

Vancouver cut off from rest of country

Wow. Hope you're at least OK. What the hell did you buy, a car? :)

Here’s a full list of mainland BC highways currently closed:
  • Hwy 1 between Hope and Lytton
  • Hwy 1 between Lytton and Spences Bridge
  • Hwy 3 between Hope and Manning Park
  • Hwy 3 between Princeton and Keremeos
  • Hwy 3 near Fernie
  • Hwy 5 between Hope and Merritt
  • Hwy 7 on both sides of Agassiz
  • Hwy 7 between Maple Ridge and Mission
  • Hwy 11 between Mission and Abbotsford
  • Hwy 93 between Radium Hot Springs and the BC-Alberta border
  • Hwy 99 between Pemberton and Lillooet

Stormy weather indeed.

That's some very expensive stuff...
It's 3 or 4 skids worth. Cost of transportation is about $2k but now the poor trucker has to stay however many days in Calgary keeping my (and everyone else's) stuff at the right temperature while the trucks sit not making money. Or perhaps they can unload at a depot which will keep the temperature. That will free up the trucks at least - if there is any room at the depots now.

It's 3 or 4 skids worth. Cost of transportation is about $2k but now the poor trucker has to stay however many days in Calgary keeping my (and everyone else's) stuff at the right temperature while the trucks sit not making money. Or perhaps they can unload at a depot which will keep the temperature. That will free up the trucks at least - if there is any room at the depots now.
That's extremely harsh on everyone concerned and a cruel reminder of the fact that our civilised existence is at least partly at the mercy of mother nature. Can you cover any of the financial issues with insurance?

Back