Yeah new receiver!

faethor

Reaction score
While my Marantz 7300OSE is rocking the casbah it's 'old' as far as it doesn't have HDMI. The external HDMI switch I use is getting on the family's nerves. I got a nice discount on a Marantz SR6005. Yeah it's last year's model but I think it'll do the job just fine. Listened to many. Liked the Anthem sound the best but in the down economy I just couldn't justify that much for a receiver. ....

My wife goes away to a horse show this weekend. It'll be a nice surprise for her return, after I've broken it in.

You missed the most important part! Here you go:

L_SR6005_D.png

That's better. *drool* *drool*

Thanks, now I have to check out the latest receivers myself! And ya, hard to beat that Canadian made Anthem brand. When I bought my rx-v2200 promised myself to buy some anthem mono-blocks to power my Paradigms, but then I bought a house and realized I couldn't afford the electricity to power them never mind the amps! :lol: But ya, for now I think my old yammy will serve me well despite no HDMI or DLNA. But congrats on your new purchase, I'm sure the wife will love it! :D

Thanks. Yeah I wanted the Anthem but that darn 2/3rds the cost beat it the better sound.

Can't wait to hit -11 on my Paradigms

Back