YES!! No more questions, I *LOVE* Rick Scott!

redrumloa

Reaction score
In a purely heterosexual way of course!!

Gov. Scott opposes FPL-backed renewable energy "tax"
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/busines ... _rate.html

Gov. Rick Scott opposes legislation that would allow utilities to charge customers for renewable energy projects, his office told the Sun Sentinel today.

"One of Governor Scott’s top priorities is protecting the taxpayer. Whether a tax comes in the form of increased utility rates or government-imposed fees, it is still a tax and he doesn’t support it," Lane Wright, Scott's press secretary, wrote in an email about the legislation.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

redrumloa said:
In a purely heterosexual way of course!!

Gov. Scott opposes FPL-backed renewable energy "tax"
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/busines ... _rate.html

Gov. Rick Scott opposes legislation that would allow utilities to charge customers for renewable energy projects, his office told the Sun Sentinel today.

"One of Governor Scott’s top priorities is protecting the taxpayer. Whether a tax comes in the form of increased utility rates or government-imposed fees, it is still a tax and he doesn’t support it," Lane Wright, Scott's press secretary, wrote in an email about the legislation.

:banana: :banana: :banana:
You love a crook. We know. And your dumb enough to believe what the crook tells you and he's smart enough to tell you what you want to hear, we know.

FluffyMcDeath said:
You love a crook. We know. And your dumb enough to believe what the crook tells you and he's smart enough to tell you what you want to hear, we know.

Of course, because a moose shagging Canadian knows exactly what goes on with Florida utility companies :roll:

redrumloa said:
Of course, because a moose shagging Canadian knows exactly what goes on with Florida utility companies :roll:

You're a total sucker for this used car salesman kind of stuff. You're the kind of player that can't believe his luck when your opponent gives away a pawn and you're so pleased about it you don't even notice when he takes your queen.

Anyway, this "in the consumers' corner" thing will last until Rick gets something out of the utilities and then he'll vote the way they want. He is, first of all, a businessman.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Anyway, this "in the consumers' corner" thing will last until Rick gets something out of the utilities and then he'll vote the way they want. He is, first of all, a businessman.
I have to agree with Redrumloa on this. I don't hate FPL as much as Redrumloa does. If FPL don't want to take risk on the projects then stay out of it. I do wish we supply our own renewable energy in our home. I am wondering why Wal-mart, Fedx, Kohl's, Whole Foods ect... are not installing Solar Panels within Florida while they are doing in other state with lack of sunshine. Something is holding them back in Florida.
There is nothing wrong with as businessman as a government as long it in favor of the people's view. You really believe all businessmen are bad as all governments are bad as well? I am happy for having Rick Scott.

FluffyMcDeath said:
You're a total sucker for this used car salesman kind of stuff. You're the kind of player that can't believe his luck when your opponent gives away a pawn and you're so pleased about it you don't even notice when he takes your queen.

Get back to me with your rudeness when this happens. Your conspiracy theory makes no sense here. Rick Scott is already elected, he is not in campaign mode. Scott is the first governor I can remember Republican or Democrat that didn't blindly bend over and beg for more from FPL.

cybereye said:
If FPL don't want to take risk on the projects then stay out of it.

Bingo. FPL is a publicly traded company. The corporate welfare needs to end.

redrumloa said:
FluffyMcDeath said:

Get back to me with your rudeness when this happens. Your conspiracy theory makes no sense here. Rick Scott is already elected, he is not in campaign mode. Scott is the first governor I can remember Republican or Democrat that didn't blindly bend over and beg for more from FPL.

1. Rick has already shown how he plays with the drug testing.

2. All politicians are ALWAYS in campaign mode.

3. This was nothing to do with "campaign mode", this is simply withholding something that FPL wants. All FPL has to do is come back with a good offer. It's true that only time will tell how this plays out.

4. Rudeness notwithstanding, Rick spouts some posturing populist claptrap, takes a cheap potshot at a favourite public whipping boy, and you are fawning over him and throwing yourself at his feet.

Are you bipolar? Because sometimes you strike me as a guy who gets it and then you get these flights of unreasoning enthusiasm when you should really know better.

FluffyMcDeath said:
I'm sorry but you have not shown me a slam dunk that he will personally profit from drug testing.
No, not really. Usually like "Hope & Change" Obama, they say one thing and immediately do the exact opposite. Once they are elected they couldn't give 2 shits what the public thinks. We are talking about Florida here which leads the country in corruption.
3. This was nothing to do with "campaign mode", this is simply withholding something that FPL wants. All FPL has to do is come back with a good offer. It's true that only time will tell how this plays out.
Time will tell indeed but any real life push back is stunning. FPL might as well be run by the Mob. You being in Canada and all you only get bits and pieces of info about Florida politics. Almost daily you see news along these lines. Scott is ruffling a lot of feathers.
4. Rudeness notwithstanding, Rick spouts some posturing populist claptrap, takes a cheap potshot at a favourite public whipping boy, and you are fawning over him and throwing yourself at his feet.
As far as I can tell he is not spouting, he is taking a stand. This is not the only issue, he is angering plenty. Will he roll over and start playing dead in a few months? We shall see, so far he has shown me more than I have seen in my life out of the governor's office.
Are you bipolar? Because sometimes you strike me as a guy who gets it and then you get these flights of unreasoning enthusiasm when you should really know better.
You know what is funny? I had a ~2 hour talk with a person at work today. This guy is extremely sharp and I respect him immensely. He basically went into a diatribe which I agreed with 99% or so. His big picture was very close to mine and AFAIK very close to yours. When it came down to how he came to the conclusion of this big picture, we differed on quite a bit.

Come on Fluffy, throwing yourself at his feet? This is Whyzzat which is read by how many? Over the top thread titles are par for the course. Funny you should ask about bipolar, you are the one calling someone a total sucker, love a crook, dumb enough to believe, the kind of player that can't believe his luck when your opponent gives away a pawn and you're so pleased about it you don't even notice when he takes your queen and bipolar while agreeing with many of my past rants.

-Edit-
Before you ask why I had a 2 hour talk with someone at work... It is with a senior person who is buying one of the properties I manage. It happens, I am technically management. Social networking is part of the game. Everyone here who has been in management knows this, I assume you included.

-Edit #2-
This is post #1,900 on Whyzzat? Wow...

redrumloa said:
FluffyMcDeath said:
I'm sorry but you have not shown me a slam dunk that he will personally profit from drug testing.
He clearly will not benefit. He transferred his $56Million in holdings in a company that does Drug Testing to his wife. Rick is very clear here without ownership he can't personally benefit.

[quote:xc5dm8ve]
No, not really. Usually like "Hope & Change" Obama, they say one thing and immediately do the exact opposite. Once they are elected they couldn't give 2 shits what the public thinks. We are talking about Florida here which leads the country in corruption.[/quote:xc5dm8ve] I agree that there's enough corruption in Florida to throw a Presidential election. Though that doesn't exempt that politicans do always have an eye to their backers.

[quote:xc5dm8ve]4. Rudeness notwithstanding, Rick spouts some posturing populist claptrap, takes a cheap potshot at a favourite public whipping boy, and you are fawning over him and throwing yourself at his feet.
As far as I can tell he is not spouting, he is taking a stand. This is not the only issue, he is angering plenty. Will he roll over and start playing dead in a few months? We shall see, so far he has shown me more than I have seen in my life out of the governor's office. [/quote:xc5dm8ve] Driving Florida under the train is 'more' than you have seen nor should want to see.

Minnesota's unemployment dipped to 6.7% in March.. How's that Florida drop to 11% caused by the summer tourist seasonal uptick treating y'all?

faethor said:
How's that Florida drop to 11% caused by the summer tourist seasonal uptick treating y'all?

Se above where I mentioned corruption.

redrumloa said:
Funny you should ask about bipolar, you are the one calling someone a total sucker, love a crook, dumb enough to believe, the kind of player that can't believe his luck when your opponent gives away a pawn and you're so pleased about it you don't even notice when he takes your queen and bipolar while agreeing with many of my past rants.

My default position has moved over the past decade from grumpy to cynical and now I have a default position of distrust. The crappier the world and political situation has the more I see politicians just looking out for themselves. Looks like a lot of the good guys are getting squeezed out of the system and things get more ruthless as the banquet gets bigger but the number of seats at the table get smaller. It's been a bad decade.

FluffyMcDeath said:
It's been a bad decade.
LINK Using IRS data in 1995, the richest 400 Americans paid, on average, 29.93% of their income in federal taxes. In 2007, the last year for which the IRS has released data, the richest 400 Americans paid just 16.63%. In 1995, the combined income of the richest 400 was just over $6 billion. By 2007, the combined income of the richest 400 was almost $23 billion.

That's right in the last decade the richest 400 Americans have seen their income increase 4 fold and their taxes decrease by almost half.

Loss to the goverment -- over $3Billion a year.

Now think about the Republican Motto that lower taxes are good for the economy. Remember 2007-2008 it was the start of the joblosses. Lowest taxes, highest income, and a big increase in job losses. Oh and of course other Republicans are still declaring the rich pay too much in taxes. The simple answer to those charges are 'Bullshit!'

The crappier the world and political situation has the more I see politicians just looking out for themselves. Looks like a lot of the good guys are getting squeezed out of the system and things get more ruthless as the banquet gets bigger but the number of seats at the table get smaller.

Too many 'truthy' newsbites and blatantly inflammatory politics. If you cause enough infighting between the people, they don't see the true common enemies.

Just look at this site if you don't believe it. I mean, there's plenty of smart people here, who basically agree with each other. Yet, even among this group, there's so much insane partisan bile thrown around that it makes me question why I even bother reading half the threads. The real enemy isn't Democrats OR Republicans -- it's the politicians playing up the games. Yet everyone keeps buying into the games. Fox News and CNN sell the games 24/7. Everyone loves to flame the ever-loving shit out of everyone who disagrees one 1% with them.

Maybe Red's right and Rick Scott is one of the good guys who's just trying to do what's right. Maybe Fluffy's right and he's just moving pawns in a larger scheme to ratchet the old games up in ways we haven't seen, yet. The jury is still out; too soon to tell.

Why the {bleep} are moderate views and rational behavior not in fashion, anymore?

It's been a bad decade.
There's the understatement of the decade.

Back