You can't take it with you.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Apparently, if you are a rich type, and you were thinking of getting out of the US, it seems that there is now an exit tax.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Apparently, if you are a rich type, and you were thinking of getting out of the US, it seems that there is now an exit tax.

H.R.6081 Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act of 2008

Sponsor Rep. Charles Rangel [D, NY-15]
and 28 Co-Sponsors
o Rep. Jason Altmire [D, PA-4]
o Rep. Michael Arcuri [D, NY-24]
o Rep. Xavier Becerra [D, CA-31]
o Rep. Shelley Berkley [D, NV-1]
o Rep. Earl Blumenauer [D, OR-3]
o Rep. Nancy Boyda [D, KS-2]
o Rep. Steve Cohen [D, TN-9]
o Rep. Joseph Crowley [D, NY-7]
o Rep. Susan Davis [D, CA-53]
o Rep. Rosa DeLauro [D, CT-3]
o Rep. Lloyd Doggett [D, TX-25]
o Rep. Brad Ellsworth [D, IN-8]
o Rep. Rahm Emanuel [D, IL-5]
o Rep. Stephanie Jones [D, OH-11]
o Rep. Ronald Kind [D, WI-3]
o Rep. John Larson [D, CT-1]
o Rep. John Lewis [D, GA-5]
o Rep. David Loebsack [D, IA-2]
o Rep. James McDermott [D, WA-7]
o Rep. Kendrick Meek [D, FL-17]
o Rep. Richard Neal [D, MA-2]
o Rep. Earl Pomeroy [D, ND-0]
o Rep. Carol Shea-Porter [D, NH-1]
o Rep. Fortney Stark [D, CA-13]
o Rep. Niki Tsongas [D, MA-5]
o Rep. Christopher Van Hollen [D, MD-8]
o Rep. Timothy Walz [D, MN-1]
o Rep. Peter Welch [D, VT-0]

Full text of HR6081
Ref:
TITLE III--REVENUE PROVISIONS
SEC. 301. REVISION OF TAX RULES ON EXPATRIATION.

TECHNICAL EXPLANATION OF H.R. 6081, THE
“HEROES EARNINGS ASSISTANCE AND RELIEF TAX ACT OF 2008,”

redrumloa said:
Yup, all D's. :roll:
This 100 page bill has more oversight then requested in the original 3 page document. Its improved but far from perfect. Lest we don't forget we are here due to the lack of oversight from the R. And of course its not law until a R signs it.

And of course unless some R's didn't vote for the bill it could not have gotten passed..
Alexander (R-TN),Bond (R-MO), Burr (R-NC), Chambliss (R-GA), Coleman (R-MN), Collins (R-ME),Collins (R-ME), Corker (R-TN), Craig (R-ID),DeMint (R-SC), Domenici (R-NM), Ensign (R-NV), Graham (R-SC), Grassley (R-IA), ... A quick count appears for the Republicans voted 2:1 for the plan. Including McCain. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14196.html

Here in Minnesota Al Franken is running against Coleman. The Republican Coleman supported the bill on day 1. Dem Franken after reading the 100 page bill came out on the subject and rejected it.

faethor said:
This 100 page bill has more oversight then requested in the original 3 page document. Its improved but far from perfect. Lest we don't forget we are here due to the lack of oversight from the R. And of course its not law until a R signs it.

The Senate. Amdt. 5685 to H.R.1424 a/k/a the Bailout bill is not H.R.6081 Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act of 2008 :whack:

metalman said:
The Senate. Amdt. 5685 to H.R.1424 a/k/a the Bailout bill is not H.R.6081 Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act of 2008 :whack:
Thanks.

I read this and I fail to see what the uproar is about. I see no reason if you hate this country so bad you feel you have to leave and rennounce your citizenship we should let you take the money and run. If you don't like the nation leave we'll be glad to give your share of this great nation to those that care about the nation.

Back