Baltimore Bridge

What a horror show. I'll reserve any speculation while this all plays out. Driving across even short bridges over water makes me uneasy...

This isn't speculation on my part, this is from Mike Flynn, former National Security Adviser.

To be clear I am not putting all my eggs in this basket, but I am keeping my ears and my eyes open. Below is one of the news related channels I follow. I don't agree with them 100%, but they are near the top of the list.

The Ship's Master is Ukrainian... You can't make this sh*t up...

Last edited:
This isn't speculation on my part, this is from Mike Flynn, former National Security Adviser.
... and grifting crackpot.
I'm sure you'll understand if I don't take anything Flynn says seriously - doesn't mean he's wrong about this, but as a reliable source? Not for me.
I posted an Intercept article into his long involvement with Q anon back in 2021. And if the Intercept isn't a good enough source, just Google Flynn & Q (or Duck-Duck/whatever your search engine); he's an absolute crank.
OF THE MANY mysteries surrounding the final days of Donald Trump’s presidency, few have been more confounding than the connections between former national security adviser Michael Flynn, the QAnon conspiracy theory, and Trump’s #StoptheSteal campaign.

Most media outlets treated Flynn’s videotaped oath last summer, in which he uttered a well-known QAnon slogan, as a sort of coming-out story about a onetime Trump insider who had gone off the rails. The video has since become the subject of a lawsuit by members of Flynn’s family who claim that “left-wing media outlets began to spread false narratives” about the Flynn family’s connections to QAnon. An Intercept investigation has found that Flynn’s ties to the QAnon phenomenon stretch back much further than the July 4 weekend last year when the video first appeared, however, to the days immediately following Trump’s 2016 election victory.

That November, nearly a year before the first cryptic clue from QAnon’s organizers – known as a “Q drop” — appeared on the online message board 4chan, Flynn told a roomful of Trump supporters that the president-elect had been borne into office by an “army of digital soldiers.” The phrase “digital soldiers,” which Flynn later trademarked, has become a central QAnon rallying cry and a key indicator of the movement’s growing turn toward violent extremism and insurrection.

... and grifting crackpot.
I'm sure you'll understand if I don't take anything Flynn says seriously

..and I'm sure you saw me say this:
To be clear I am not putting all my eggs in this basket, but I am keeping my ears and my eyes open.

I have a general idea about the guy. Trump had some pretty negative things to say about him when he let him go and vise-versa, which made him a liberal media darling for a while. Anyone who had anything negative to say about the orangeman became a Liberal media darling. Decent chance if I searched here I'd find someone quoting or praising him for saying something negative about Trump.

All that being true, what he said about SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) resonates. I'm very familiar to what SOPs are, so to me at bare minimum there's criminal negligence here. I'm just listening to all sources trying to figure out the facts. How this could be just some really simple "oopsie, my bad!" accident seems a far stretch.

Last edited:
I'm very familiar to what SOPs are, so to me at bare minimum there's criminal negligence here. I'm just listening to all sources trying to figure out the facts.
Well, quite.
However, the Flynns of the world have a vested interest in immediately placing the blame on nefarious forces, regardless of any time required to gather and examine evidence. It's as predictable as it is depressing.
I'm still unclear as to what happened - perhaps it was deliberate, perhaps accidental. I'm still leaning towards the latter but trust the main cause will be revealed in due course. Wild speculation and finger-pointing before the facts are clear is pointless (other than for Q-flavoured-rabble-rousing, which is something Flynn excels at).

Well, quite.
However, the Flynns of the world have a vested interest in immediately placing the blame on nefarious forces, regardless of any time required to gather and examine evidence. It's as predictable as it is depressing.

The strictest use of the term "Black Swan Event" in finance has nothing to do with conspiracy theories.
  1. The event is a surprise (to the observer).
  2. The event has a major effect.
  3. After the first recorded instance of the event, it is rationalized by hindsight, as if it could have been expected; that is, the relevant data were available but unaccounted for in risk mitigation programs. The same is true for the personal perception by individuals.
I've heard the term used in relation to nefarious actions, but going by his Tweet here he seems to be using the term correctly.

I'm sorry, but it has to be said. This guy's only qualification to the job is he was able to click the "gay" checkbox.

434269261_820222056812786_9190832129762021276_n.jpg

Before you get angry with me, remember the far worse disasters he oversaw or rather failed to because he couldn't be bothered. There's a track record here.

I'm not saying "Predictive Programming", but if this does turn out to be a cyber attack it will fuel those who believe in such things.

434145721_7727587373926641_2980915058840761508_n.jpg

if this does turn out to be a cyber attack it will fuel those who believe in such things.
Even if it doesn't, plenty will still claim it was, as many have done already.

This BBC Verify chap has produced a thread with some examples of the hysterical nonsense that has already been pushed; controlled explosives, the Obamas, Ukrainian captain, etc.

Ukrainian captain

At least some US media had reported a Ukrainian Captain. I just tried a Google search with no results, so either it's still unclear or big tech is suppressing it.

Then there are those speculating the crash is the result of a DEI hire since foreign ships are required to have US pilots on them.

Foreign-flagged ships are required to have pilots aboard to guide them in and out of U.S. ports. Pilots have detailed knowledge of local shipping channels and complete an apprenticeship before becoming fully qualified.

That's probably a stretch here, but considering the crash of the infamous "diversity plane" earlier this year, it's not impossible.

At least some US media had reported a Ukrainian Captain. I just tried a Google search with no results, so either it's still unclear or big tech is suppressing it.
It's right there in the post you replied to - had a Ukrainian Captain in 2016. Indian at the time of the crash.

Last edited:
It's right there in the post you replied to - had a Ukrainian Captain in 2016. Indian at the time of the crash.

I know. I was explaining that earlier reports suggested the current captain was Ukrainian.

Asking Google a question didn't help which can be a tell, if that's what you mean.

PJW has the best take so far.

About 7 minutes if you skip the add in the middle:

Or the TLDW version:

His conclusion is not US centric and to me is criminal negligence.

This sort of fake news spreads soo easy and sums up the Q crowd. A quick cursory scratch below the surface proves that only this lady drowning in a Tesla is true, nothing else said is true. Look at the reach and reactions. Someone I know sent it to me as "yet more proof".

This sort of fake news spreads soo easy and sums up the Q crowd. A quick cursory scratch below the surface proves that only this lady drowning in a Tesla is true, nothing else said is true. Look at the reach and reactions. Someone I know sent it to me as "yet more proof".
Five years! Five years I've been dealing with Qanonsense like that. Welcome aboard! :banana:

I'm sorry, but it has to be said. This guy's only qualification to the job is he was able to click the "gay" checkbox.

View attachment 2646

Before you get angry with me, remember the far worse disasters he oversaw or rather failed to because he couldn't be bothered. There's a track record here.
They pulled off a 737max again?

Five years! Five years I've been dealing with Qanonsense like that. Welcome aboard! :banana:

5 years ago I lumped any of this sort of nutter stuff in the garbage category and refused to give it the time of day. I filed it with the Flat Earther nonsense that always seemed to be largely people doing it for the LOLz and see what suckers they could trick. Back then it seemed the reach was negligible and most certainly no one in or adjacent to my circles. That above Tiktok video shows it has reach based on the numbers. I am also seeing seemingly real people online repeating the nonsense, then someone close to me take it all in, hook line & sinker?

How the fark did we get here? Nutters to the left, nutters to the right. Nutters everywhere. Did the jab make everyone stupid or something?

Back