On the subject of Roe V Wade..

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
The subject of Roe V Wade being overturned is a tricky one for me. This is where I generally diverge from most staunch Republican/Conservatives. Let me explain...

Roe V Wade being overturned does NOT mean that somehow abortions have been made illegal. Roe V Wade was put in place in 1973 to Federalize the decision to allow abortions for all in every state. The problem with that (for me) is that Abortion is not -- nor should it have ever been -- a Federal issue.

The Supreme Court of the United States (hereinafter SCOTUS) has one job. To interpret and defend the Constitution of the United States. That's it. That's all. Abortion is not, nor has it ever been, in any way mentioned or covered by the Constitution. Other things, like guns are clearly defined by it. That's the difference.

So, in effect, abortion is an issue completely reserved to each State and its constituents to determine. In that, I am in complete, staunch agreement... If you live in a state which decides to constrain the rights of women to abortions, then either work to change the laws in your state or move to a state which better represents your personal views on the subject. A massive oversimplification, yes, but that's how I roll.

Now... Asking me about how I feel towards abortion, I am personally completely against it, BUT.. Unless I am one of the two people involved in creating a pregnancy, I do NOT feel as though I have any right whatsoever to tell you what YOU do with YOUR body...

This isn't really safe for work, but I honestly feel like comedian Bill Burr completely and succinctly 100% sums up my point of view on the subject...

Back