‘I’m Sure He’s Listening In’: Mick Jagger Takes A Swipe At Obama

redrumloa

Reaction score
“I don’t think President Obama is here tonight … But I’m sure he’s listening in.”

President Obama has become the target of both criticism and jokes in light of the recent scandals the administration has faced, ranging from IRS targeting to NSA surveillance. Mick Jagger, too, took a swipe at the president on Monday, during a Rolling Stones concert in Washington, D.C.

Part of the “50 and Counting” tour, the Rolling Stones made the last U.S. stop at the Verizon Center on Monday night. During the concert, Mick Jagger told the crowd:

“I don’t think President Obama is here tonight … But I’m sure he’s listening in.”
Quips and criticism about “Orwellian” surveillance are to be expected — now that we know about NSA programs, thanks to Edward Snowden. (Whom the U.S. has charged with espionage but has yet to get back into the country.)

Was hoping to make Glastonbury this year and see the Stones again but it wasn't to be.

Hopefully get to see them again at some point - last time was nearly 25 years ago.

[...] atthe Verizon Center [...]

Ah, yes... The irony. There it is.

They're still willing to perform at a location named by one of the companies who helps make it all possible.

They're still willing to perform at a location named by one of the companies who helps make it all possible.

Of course they are; the Stones are pretty apolitical, at least as a band.
Jagger was probably having a little sport at Obama's expense, nothing more.
I'm not convinced he even gives a toss.

I'm just watching their Glastonbury appearance and it's excellent.
That said, it's making me even more gutted I never made it.

Back