“it’s not because i don’t like paying taxes"

metalman

Reaction score
“I have voted for every park, every library, all the school improvements, for light rail, for anything that will make this city better. But now I can’t afford to live here anymore."

:lol:

everyone has to pay for the things that are approved by voters to fund

property taxes are“salient.” A salient tax means that the burden is transparent, easy to understand, and very hard to avoid.

Seems Gretchen has a mental disconnect between voting for higher taxes and the actual paying of the taxes she voted for. Which, as it turns out, is painful.

Yeah. That's a pretty funny quote - but on the other hand, there is evidence that the appraisal process is broken. Banks have been forcing appraisers to put in high values (else they don't get to work for banks anymore) because that means bigger mortgages and that means bigger (at least on paper) bank capital.

Yeah. That's a pretty funny quote - but on the other hand, there is evidence that the appraisal process is broken. Banks have been forcing appraisers to put in high values (else they don't get to work for banks anymore) because that means bigger mortgages and that means bigger (at least on paper) bank capital.
Property tax appraisals are similar process, but have nothing to do with banks, they're for setting the property tax appraisal value on which the property tax is then computed

if she is paying $8500 in property taxes, the property is being valued at about $280k

Property tax appraisals are similar process, but have nothing to do with banks, they're for setting the property tax appraisal value on which the property tax is then computed
In theory these assessed values should be the same. However, where I live the city appraisers are still well below what the banks appraisers are calling. Yet you know that the city wouldn't mind bumping up to bank values just for the money but people would riot. They will take getting screwed by private companies much more than by the government.

Back