An NFL boycott is looming

I've ignored lots of low hanging fruit for this thread, but sh*t ESPN does just takes the cake.

ESPN isn't a sports network. It's a far-left political propaganda machine.

ESPN’s Jalen Rose: ‘Make America Great Again,’ ‘America’s Pastime’ Both Dog Whistles

Monday while discussing athletes having old, racist and anti-gay tweets surface, former NBA star and ESPN “Get Up” co-host Jalen Rose listed off “Make America Great Again” and “America’s pastime” as dog whistles in today’s society.

“The trend besides the fact that all of these are white American men, that most likely grew up in the United States, literally, the offenses of the tweets actually were similar in either they offended gays or they were anti-racial sentiments towards minorities, in particular blacks,” Rose said. “When I see the trend, and I understand certain terms have been used as dog whistles in our society: ‘Make America Great Again,’ ‘America’s pastime.’ And a lot of times that gets overblown, that gets overlooked. And I don’t care that somebody is only quote-unquote 17 years old.”

If you had any lingering doubt about the character of anthem kneelers...

Michael Bennett Indicted on Injury of the Elderly Charge; Arrest Warrant Issued

A warrant has been issued for Bennett's arrest. If convicted, Bennett could face a $10,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison, with prosecutors seeking to prove that Bennett "intentionally and knowingly" caused "bodily injury to a person 65 years or older."

Houston PD said Bennett caused the woman to sprain her shoulder, per Liz Mathews of USA Today. The department also said Bennett told a police officer to "f--k off" before proceeding onto the football field.

Houston police chief Art Acevedo spoke about the charges facing Bennett, per Mark Berman of Fox 26:

Assaulting an elderly paraplegic? Yup, that's the violent, spoiled lying losers that the NFL expects fans to pay to watch. Good luck with that.

This chump goes from police brutality hoaxer, to assaulting the elderly, to this.

Eagles’ Bennett Mocks Trump with ‘Immigrants Made America Great’ Hat

Twitter-2-640x480.jpg

Watch ratings continue to nosedive.

Ratings for NFL Hall of Fame Game Crash to 20-Year Low

Thursday night’s Hall of Fame game between the Bears and Ravens register 6.78 million viewers. That’s a 17.8-percent decline from last year’s Cowboys-Cardinals game, and the smallest broadcast audience since 1998, when 6.3 million watched the Buccaneers and the Steelers.

Let's transport ourselves back to late 1998. Bill Clinton was banging fat interns in the White House, and Shogo Mobile Armor Division was the hot new game.

'A Slap in the Face': FL Police Unions Urge Miami Dolphins Boycott After Anthem Protests

Broward County PBA Vice President Rod Skirvin told the Miami Herald that the action was a "slap in the face."

The PBA posted on its Facebook page that it is encouraging its members to call the team's ticket office and request a refund.

The post stated that its members were also offered game ticket discounts because the team had previously said players who protest could be suspended up to four games.

"This organization obviously DOES NOT honor First Responders and the dangers they put themselves in every day."

"As long as the protest continues, we will protest our attendance at the Dolphins games and continue to stay away from the NFL and its products,“ Skirvin told the Herald.

The Palm Beach County PBA released a similar statement, asking its members to also request ticket refunds.

The PBAs' calling for a boycott is a pretty big deal.

'A Slap in the Face': FL Police Unions Urge Miami Dolphins Boycott After Anthem Protests

Broward County PBA Vice President Rod Skirvin told the Miami Herald that the action was a "slap in the face."

The PBA posted on its Facebook page that it is encouraging its members to call the team's ticket office and request a refund.

The post stated that its members were also offered game ticket discounts because the team had previously said players who protest could be suspended up to four games.

"This organization obviously DOES NOT honor First Responders and the dangers they put themselves in every day."

"As long as the protest continues, we will protest our attendance at the Dolphins games and continue to stay away from the NFL and its products,“ Skirvin told the Herald.

The Palm Beach County PBA released a similar statement, asking its members to also request ticket refunds.

The PBAs' calling for a boycott is a pretty big deal.

39942255_2040962315941994_3852575953590943744_n.jpg

Whitlock nails it.

Funny how "Liberals" are now praising Nike for being "woke". As Whitlock points out, isn't this the same Nike that uses slave labor to make their shoes?

Escalating Sweatshop Protests Keep Nike Sweating

In Cambodia, for instance, 500 workers inside a plant that supplies products to Nike, Puma, Asics, and the VF Corporation were hospitalized after fainting out of exhaustion and hunger as a result of working 10-hour shifts, six days a week, in 98-degree heat.

Defying Nike’s policy that bars the entry of investigators into their factories, watchdog group Worker Rights Consortium managed to get access to a plant in Hansae, Vietnam. It was able to document a string of alleged abuses there including wage theft, forced overtime, restrictions on the workers’ use of toilets, exposure to toxic solvents, and padlocked exit doors. “Workers (were) collapsing unconscious at their sewing machines due to heat and overwork,” the report said.

Slave labor = "woke"

UFC Vet Tim Kennedy: All My Military Friends are DONE with Nike

“When I walked into the team room this morning, there were some people who were fuming,” Kennedy tells TMZ Sports … “I’m not gonna speak for them, but there was no one happy about it.”

Kennedy’s got a huge problem with the words in Colin’s Nike ad — “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.”

Tim says every member in this special forces team room has lost at least 10 friends who died while serving their country … and he finds it offensive that Colin would describe what he’s been through as “sacrificing everything.”

"Just Do It" = "Just Lose It" apparently.

DmrijHHU8AAY1xw.jpg

He was a god awful BACKUP quarterback. Most teams don't keep a 3rd string QB these days, and teams usually rather have a young project at QB backup over a known failure veteran QB.

To reiterate, I'm not personally in a full boycott. My viewership is down and my total engagement is way down, but I'm not boycotting my Dolphins despite 3 knuckleheads on the team. Other people are not so forgiving.

‘Monday Night Football’ Debut Ratings Dip From Hurricane Irma-Disrupting 2017

The start of the 49th season of MNF and ESPN took a small ratings hit last night compared with incomplete early numbers last year. That’s a hard fact for the NFL coming after Thursday’s 2018-2019 kickoff game on NBC fell to a near decade viewership low and Sunday Night Football stumbled in its season premiere.

With a 7.5 metered market result for the Jets-Lions and a 7.0 in the early metrics for Rams-Raiders, last night’s MNF season opener slipped 4% from the doubleheader of September 11, 2017. That doubleheader was down double digits from the 2016 opener, which was down hard from the year before.

While at first glance the difference between this year and 2017 might seem small, it is important to remember because of Hurricane Irma last year not all markets reported in with early numbers.

With a 7.5 metered market result for the Jets-Lions and a 7.0 in the early metrics for Rams-Raiders, last night’s MNF season opener slipped 4% from the doubleheader of September 11, 2017. That doubleheader was down double digits from the 2016 opener, which was down hard from the year before.

While at first glance the difference between this year and 2017 might seem small, it is important to remember because of Hurricane Irma last year not all markets reported in with early numbers.

Yeah, but I mean... Lions vs. Jets? WTF was the NFL thinking? I'd take my chances with the hurricane over watching that. Sure, the hurricane might blow at over 120mph, but the Lions suck a lot harder than that.

Yeah, but I mean... Lions vs. Jets? WTF was the NFL thinking? I'd take my chances with the hurricane over watching that. Sure, the hurricane might blow at over 120mph, but the Lions suck a lot harder than that.

Wait, aren't you in Detroit? :eek:

Wait, aren't you in Detroit? :eek:

Yup. Most of the realistic people here had braced themselves for the Lions mostly sucking this year. (Though there was one sports radio personality in particular who was saying they had a legit shot at a playoff game this year, before the game...) Consensus was they'd be a 7-9 or 6-10 team. But no one really expected to see something like that Jets game on Monday night. To lay an egg like that, at home, season opener, Monday night, against the Jets?!?! What a disgrace. That was a top 5 in franchise history disgrace, there. And that is really saying something when you consider this is a team that has had an 0-16 season.

Consensus was they'd be a 7-9 or 6-10 team. But no one really expected to see something like that Jets game on Monday night. To lay an egg like that, at home, season opener, Monday night, against the Jets?!?! What a disgrace. That was a top 5 in franchise history disgrace, there. And that is really saying something when you consider this is a team that has had an 0-16 season.

Despite a fleeting childhood interest in NFL, the above paragraph reminds of this. :p

-EDIT-
Actually, reading it back, I did understand it the second time. Think it was the egg part that threw me.

Last edited:
Yup. Most of the realistic people here had braced themselves for the Lions mostly sucking this year. (Though there was one sports radio personality in particular who was saying they had a legit shot at a playoff game this year, before the game...) Consensus was they'd be a 7-9 or 6-10 team. But no one really expected to see something like that Jets game on Monday night. To lay an egg like that, at home, season opener, Monday night, against the Jets?!?! What a disgrace. That was a top 5 in franchise history disgrace, there. And that is really saying something when you consider this is a team that has had an 0-16 season.

Yeah I don't think the JEST are that good, they just had the Lions' number for that game. We'll see how good they are this coming Sunday when the Dolphins(*) come to town in their home (well, the Giants' home they rent a room in). The dolphins have beat the JEST in the last 3 out of 4 games.

*- I had very low expectations for my Dolphins coming into this season, thinking maybe in the ~4-12 range. I saw some things Sunday against the Titans that gave me some hope. Upcoming Sunday game against the JEST will be a better canary in the coal mine for the Dolphins' season.

-Edit-
At least you aren't a Jills (Bills) fan right now. They have to easily be the worst team in the NFL right now.

Despite a fleeting childhood interest in NFL[...]

The NFL really was the best thing going when it came to sports. In the US it is still the king, but it's total dominance is diminishing fast. It really is a shame that they are actively killing the golden goose by injecting fringe far left politics.

When the NFL was about American Football and only that, it was untouchable and incredibly fun.

Back