And now a word from one of the Smart People

Did you see the update?

"I hate to tell you this but; you have set back the progress of women 100 years. The system developed for Tri-Met was developed by a woman after careful research and development. Also, it has been deployed at several transit agencies prior to Tri-Met and the statistics speak for themselves. Your opinions are without facts. With your logic we should get rid? of CO2 and fire detectors. Thanks Dr. Carolyn Jacobs

:roflmao:

the latest cool project:

I saw this come up in my subs - Jeri is amazing. She has fantastic ideas and she is able to execute complex projects to completion - both of which are relatively rare but the latter is the rarer. She also has the smarts to notice when she accidentally discovers something cool and can capitalize on it. I'd really like to see this in production some day.

agree 1000%
I can't tell you how often I've seen people drop a project...lazy? stupid? whatever it is it f'ing bugs me.
No matter what a professional Finishes what they start

Just stumbled across more cool stuff from Ms Ellsworth. This is from 2018 so apologies if it's a repost:

The Police Are Coming

In a stuffed apartment filled with hydrofluoric acid, oscilloscopes and a transistor curve tracer, Jeri Ellsworth carefully places a hand-cut silicon wafer into a 1000 degree furnace. The ambient noise of police sirens can be heard in the background: "Ugh, the police are coming... So the instructions for the emulsitone dopant says let it dwell in the opening of the furnace for a bit to drive off any organics, and I can see that it's changing colour-" A unexpected knock at the door cuts her off.[1]

Jeri Ellsworth works solemnly on her p-doped silicon wafer, purchased from eBay, in an effort to make a simple silicon wafer transistor from first principles. Using store-bought rust remover for the source of acid, and Aquafina as a crude source of de-ionized rinse water.

This is only the 100th try at making a functioning transistor for Jeri, and beside her on the desk lays a jar of full of failed attempts.

Magnetic Core Memory

Back