At least Sturgeon's gone

These two are first to officially throw their hats into the ring.
And you are entirely accurate to describe both of them as clowns.
Hamza "just dark enough to qualify as not white by his own standards" Yousef doing his part to make Scotland diverse. Maybe he's more than a one note politician but that bit of clownery is all I now him for - acting surprised or affronted how people in a white country are mostly white! However, having read about Ash I would prefer Hamza tae the reigns. Ash looks like she could turn the SNP around. Best to let the party drown in wokeness and fade away.

Maybe he's more than a one note politician but that bit of clownery is all I now him for -
There's a lot more depth to his clownery. The nickname Humza Useless has followed him around for several years now. A couple of his "achievements", off the top of my head:
1. Caught driving without insurance whilst Transport Minister.
2. Accused a nursery of racism and lodged court proceedings because his kid was refused a place. He later dropped the case with no apology.
3. Accused players of a football club (bitter rivals of the team he supports) of bigotry on the back of an obviously doctored video. No apology when police confirmed the clip was fake.

There's a lot more than that but suffice to say I find him to be a deeply unpleasant, prohibitively narcissistic, and generally incompetent man.

There's a lot more than that but suffice to say I find him to be a deeply unpleasant, prohibitively narcissistic, and generally incompetent man.
So he'll win then.

It's strange what's going on these days. Kate Forbes seems to be the one who more nearly represents the majority of the Scottish population. Hamza is the least representative person in the lot yet a country that is still predominantly Christian (without even nearly the immigrant influx that England has had) nation (the rest being atheists probably) will have a Muslim as leader. That would make Scotland and the UK ruled by unelected - foreigner in the one case and first generation immigrant in the other. What war did you guys lose?

So he'll win then.
It certainly looks favourable for him at the moment. He's failed upwards at every turn so far. I found myself nodding along in agreement with the nasally-voiced leader of the Scots Conservatives today, which isn't something that happens very often:

Fpqd109WcAQ2P4R

On the bright side, the party chief exec and one of Humza's biggest supporters has just resigned amid claims of trying to rig the leadership election. The party are currently unravelling more quickly than large language models are improving:
I also confess to laughing at the admittedly crass "gender recognition" themed reply. Isla Bryson is the assumed name of the rapist who helped torpedo Sturgeon's "all trans women are women" nonsense after getting moved to a female prison.

On the bright side, the party chief exec and one of Humza's biggest supporters has just resigned amid claims of trying to rig the leadership election. The party are currently unravelling more quickly than large language models are improving:
I also confess to laughing at the admittedly crass "gender recognition" themed reply. Isla Bryson is the assumed name of the rapist who helped torpedo Sturgeon's "all trans women are women" nonsense after getting moved to a female prison.
It's a nonsense indeed and the Isla Bryson is not an isolated incident. There have been many "trans women" prisoners who have raped their sister inmates.

It's also a shockingly common theology in North America (probably started here) - and the believers are so ... flat-earthy about basic plainly observable facts.

and the believers are so ... flat-earthy about basic plainly observable facts.
Indeed, I've had surreal conversations with friends who've been seduced by what appears to me to be obvious idiocy and flat-earthy is a great way to describe it. Otherwise sane people telling me I'm bigoted for thinking women-only sport should not be open to people with penises.
Thankfully the pendulum seems to have started swinging back the way, quicker than I thought it would. I was pretty confident that such obvious nonsense was ultimately unsustainable but the Isla Bryson case came along in a more timely manner and jolted a fair amount of folk out of their trance-like and, as you rightly call it, flat-earthy stupor.

Don't judge someone by the sins of their family members, etc, and it's not as sensational as Hunter's laptop. All of that said, Humza's brother in law was arrested in Dundee for dealing heroin, released on bail then rearrested following someone "falling" from a window. For additional juice, his sister (Humza's wife) is the local drug councillor. Quite the soap opera we've inherited with this guy.

Back