Canary Derby - shameless plug.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Yes, utterly shameless. This is a charity call out and a cheap ploy to get more views on my youtube videos. :)
But it's for a good cause... aren't they all.

I'm building a cart at work for a short gravity race to raise money for early cancer detection. Hmm. But why am I bothering to type all this... when I could just direct you to my web site with the videos and blurb and all.

Seems like a cool place to work. Need any C++ programmers? ;-)

Glaucus said:
Seems like a cool place to work. Need any C++ programmers? ;-)
We try to make it fun, but the company doesn't. I suppose that's what happens after a certain size.

When we do hire programmers it's C++ we're looking for, but the first thing you have to do is forget about objects and exceptions and everything and use C++ as if it is C - or make it look like assembly if you can manage that level of crypticness. Our codebase is what we like to call "mature", though there may be a "t" where an "n" is supposed to be.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Our codebase is what we like to call "mature", though there may be a "t" where an "n" is supposed to be.
How many "goto" statements does it contain? :roflmao:

Speelgoedmannetje said:
It's not so much the gotos. Its just amazing how it seems that over time there is no end to the number of bugs that can't be solved by throwing in another global bool.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
It's not so much the gotos. Its just amazing how it seems that over time there is no end to the number of bugs that can't be solved by throwing in another global bool.
Being hired as a programmer there must be like being thrown in a thornbush then :shock:

Back