Democrats assaulting black comedians is now a thing

redrumloa

Reaction score
We've all joked about the Chris Rock incident, but it seems to have started a trend that really isn't funny. Now Dave Chappelle was the target. That attacker was not famous and thus got treated as such.

Dave Chappelle attacker identified as Isaiah Lee, 23

The audience member who stormed the stage and tackled Dave Chappelle has been identified as Isaiah Lee.

Lee, 23, was booked and charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon early Wednesday, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to Page Six. He is being held on $30,000 bail.

Officer Lizeth Lomeli, a spokeswoman for the LAPD, said Lee charged at the stand-up comedian, 48, Tuesday night while carrying a replica handgun that had a blade inside.

The “Robin Hood: Men in Tights” star was performing at the Hollywood Bowl as part of the “Netflix Is a Joke” festival when the mayhem unfolded around 10:45 p.m. local time toward the end of the stand-up show, according to witnesses.

isaiah-lee-dave-chappelle-93.jpg

Shocking video footage showed Chappelle standing on stage as Lee charged and slammed the comic to the floor. Seconds later, the attacker was tackled by security. He was transported to a nearby hospital with injuries before being booked behind bars.

Video also showed Chappelle joking about how he “stomped a n—a backstage” after the attack.

Despite the night’s shocking turn of events, attendee Chris Rock managed to make light of it by joking on stage, “Was that Will Smith?” in reference to the “King Richard” star slapping him at the Oscars in March.

While Chappelle began the attack as a victim, he quickly turned the narrative against him when he joked that it must have been a “trans man” who tackled him.

Dave Chappelle & Chris Rock REACTS To Fan Running Up On Stage To Tackle Dave ‘Was That Will Smith?’​

DAVE CHAPPELLE TELLS CROWD HE'S GLAD HIS FRIENDS - INCLUDING JON STEWART - BROKE HIS ASSAILANT'S ARM

Dave Chappelle has spoken out about the attack Tuesday night. Well, "spoken out" is the wrong term. He was talking to a crowd of people in a hotel. Someone recorded what he said and sent audio to TMZ. I need to conference with my buddy The Kingpin at FCB Radiio, but I believe this is what's considered some gangsta sh*t.

"I felt good my friend's broke his arm. I felt good."

So do most people, I'd argue, Onc you cross the barricade, it's game on. Some days you f*ck around, some days you found out. Tuesday night was the night someone found out. It's a good thing Chappelle had his boys there. Chris Rock. Jami Foxx. Busta Rhymes. Jon Stewart?

"How bad does a n***** have to be that Jon Stewart would stomp him?"

The audio was recorded at the Pendry Hotel in West Hollywood, where Busta Rhyme was hosting an AFTER PARTY.

...because California favors violent Democrats over anyone else.

No Felony Charge for Man Who Tackled Dave Chappelle on Stage

The man arrested on suspicion of tackling comedian Dave Chappelle during a performance at the Hollywood Bowl will not be charged with any felonies, the district attorney’s office said Thursday.

Isaiah Lee, 23, was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, police said, after rushing the stage toward the end of Chappelle’s set in the last of a four-night stint at the outdoor amphitheater as part of the “Netflix Is a Joke” festival.

He was carrying a replica handgun with a large blade that folded out of it similar to a pocket knife, according to a photo released by police.

“After reviewing the evidence, prosecutors determined that while criminal conduct occurred, the evidence as presented did not constitute felony conduct,” the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office said in a statement.

-edit-
...and here's the knife gun.

ffe3eda49ae94365b82b8ac59b49efa3.jpg

Democrats haven't assaulted a white comedian yet. It's probably just a matter of time.

‘I’m Just Really Afraid’: Howie Mandel Calls Dave Chappelle Attack ‘Beginning Of The End For Comedy’

“My biggest fear 40 years ago was not getting a laugh, and then cancel culture came along and then it was like, ‘Oh, my God if somebody doesn’t like your joke or you overstepped your line, you could lose your career,’ and then after the Academy Awards… I said… ‘Violence triggers violence,'” Mandel concluded.

“You saw what happened at the Academy Awards, and I thought that just triggers—violence triggers violence,” the 66-year-old TV star told E! News, “I think this is the beginning of the end for comedy.”

Comedy is dangerous. Authoritarian regimes and ideologies fear it greatly.

Back