Elon Musk watch (was Elon Muskrat watch)

Tesla high today is $158 per share, recent low was $108. Savvy investors that bought on the dip made a healthy profit. Never bet against Tesla!

• Earnings (adjusted): $1.19 vs $1.13 per share expected, per Refinitiv
  • Revenue: $24.32 billion vs $24.16 billion expected, per Refinitiv

Tesla high today is $158 per share, recent low was $108. Savvy investors that bought on the dip made a healthy profit. Never bet against Tesla!

• Earnings (adjusted): $1.19 vs $1.13 per share expected, per Refinitiv
  • Revenue: $24.32 billion vs $24.16 billion expected, per Refinitiv
Those profits won't have done any harm:

Tesla made an annual profit of $12.6 billion in 2022

High operating margins and good sales growth are responsible, Tesla says.

Tesla now at $176 per share. Nice bounce!

History in the making.

From the link:
More and more evidence suggests that Tesla’s Investor Day event this week will mark the beginning of a new era in automotive manufacturing. One in which EVs are not only much cheaper to run and maintain than petrol and diesel cars, but also cheaper to make.
If that turned out to be true, it would be a big deal. I remain sceptical for now.

elon desperate to get money

or, it's an april 1st joke

or maybe both
The checkmark thing was often misused anyway so I found it amusing when he torpedoed loads of previously spurious blue ticks. It's much simpler now that what appears to be the absurdly overwhelming majority of them on my feed are paid-for-my-tick-Elon-fanboys. I don't think most of them realise it has the diametrically opposite effect to its apparent intention.

The checkmark thing was often misused anyway so I found it amusing when he torpedoed loads of previously spurious blue ticks. It's much simpler now that what appears to be the absurdly overwhelming majority of them on my feed are paid-for-my-tick-Elon-fanboys. I don't think most of them realise it has the diametrically opposite effect to its apparent intention.
The execution was pooched but in theory it should be a good way to verify - it depends on the payment processor and whether they share names with you. Anyone making payments on behalf of some entity wants to be pretty sure they now who (or what) the identity is so they are naturally in the verification business. Piggy backing on that should have prevented the fake twitter handles (sorry, your handle doesn't match your credit card - explain!!!!!!) so it's surprising that it didn't.

Piggy backing on that should have prevented the fake twitter handles (sorry, your handle doesn't match your credit card - explain!!!!!!) so it's surprising that it didn't.
I don't think Twitter is particularly interested in ensuring the names match. However, even if it were interested, I'm not sure how feasible that is. I think it's the issuing bank that provides the cardholder name but isn't verification usually done by contacting the API of Visa, Mastercard or whoever? In which case you could easily verify 16 digit number, CSV, etc., but not so easy for cardholder name.

Meanwhile, we have this:

Which sounds reasonable up to a point, unless it's also a lie, as claimed here a few hours later:

Also had a wry smile at the GitHub username of the Twitter source code leaker being "FreeSpeechEnthusiast."

Ya know ... for a long time it's been possible to spam people's twitter feeds by paying. It's called "sponsored" content - and all the platforms have it. That's what the advertisers do.
and I happily ignore all that garbage

this is just too hilarious

And the blue tick confusion also continues to amuse. Watching Musk tussle with the @dril account was particularly funny. In case you missed it, he was given a tick which he didn't want. Changing the display name removes the blue checkmark, so dril changed the display name, the blue checkmark disappeared, and then later it reappeared, dril changed it again, the blue checkmark disappeared again, etc., multiple times until eventually Twitter stopped trying to re-apply it.
Other amusing nonsense documented in this article:

Twitter verified fake Disney account, claims dead celebs subscribe to Twitter Blue

Living celebs want everyone to know they didn't pay Elon for those checkmarks.

Over the weekend, Twitter applied checkmarks to the accounts of many well-known people who didn't pay for them—including some dead celebrities—along with a message that the accounts subscribed to the $8-per-month Twitter Blue service.
"This account is verified because they are subscribed to Twitter Blue and verified their phone number," states the message attached to accounts with blue badges, including those of Kobe Bryant and Chadwick Boseman. Meanwhile, living celebrities who got the same checkmark made sure to tell followers that they hadn't actually paid for a Twitter Blue monthly subscription or verified their phone number. It would be more accurate to say that Twitter gave free subscriptions to people with a large number of followers, whether they wanted the checkmarks or not.

A blue checkmark on Twitter used to indicate that an account was notable and that Twitter had verified that the person running the account was who they said they were. Now, some famous people who got the checkmark want to make sure that no one mistakenly believes they're giving Musk's company $8 a month.

Twitter also made a notable mistake last night in awarding its gold verification badge to a fake Disney account. The gold badges come with the message, "This account is verified because it's an official organization on Twitter."

Last edited:
And the blue tick confusion also continues to amuse. Watching Musk tussle with the @dril account was particularly funny. In case you missed it, he was given a tick which he didn't want. Changing the display name removes the blue checkmark, so dril changed the display name, the blue checkmark disappeared, and then later it reappeared, dril changed it again, the blue checkmark disappeared again, etc., multiple times until eventually Twitter stopped trying to re-apply it.
Other amusing nonsense documented in this article:

Twitter verified fake Disney account, claims dead celebs subscribe to Twitter Blue

Living celebs want everyone to know they didn't pay Elon for those checkmarks.

best reply:

"This article is probably going to be me my go-to link to share next time I hear somebody insist that Elom is #ctually playing some sort of seventeen-dimension chess to discredit Twitter or sow confusion or buddy up to the Saudis or whatever is this week's weak-ass strongman conspiracy.

Please.

I've had episodes of flatulence that displayed better planning skills."

LOLOL

Back