Ever have this happen...?

Does your partner want to talk about your relationship at the most inconvenient times?

• Total voters
P

PMC

Picture this, you're sitting on the sofa one evening with a cold beer in your hand and you turn the TV on. There is a three hour A Team special / two hour documentary about Spitfires etc showing. Get in!

You'll be half hour in, wondering whether BA and the boys can really escape from the locked barn with nothing more than an old school bus and a welding torch, or intently watching some epic Battle of Britain action when the missus will walk in, sit down and start to ask your opinion on whether her friend Tracy really should go for honey blonde highlights.

You respond with words of one syllable and the bombshell drops...

"I've been concerned lately about just how seriously you take this relationship".

You know that the discussion that ensues will last no less than three hours, will involve you sleeping on the sofa and endless comparisons with partner's friends' relationships.

Am I being very sexist, or has this happened to any of you?

Picture this, you're sitting on the sofa one evening with a cold beer in your hand and you turn the TV on. There is a three hour A Team special / two hour documentary about Spitfires etc showing. Get in!

You'll be half hour in, wondering whether BA and the boys can really escape from the locked barn with nothing more than an old school bus and a welding torch, or intently watching some epic Battle of Britain action when the missus will walk in, sit down and start to ask your opinion on whether her friend Tracy really should go for honey blonde highlights.

"I've been concerned lately about just how seriously you take this relationship".

You know that the discussion that ensues will last no less than three hours, will involve you sleeping on the sofa and endless comparisons with partner's friends' relationships.

has this happened to any of you?

On more occassions than I care to remember.

-EDIT-

Voted "no" due to being single just now.
(Not that it stops my ex from wanting to talk "relationships"...)

-EDIT-

-EDIT-

-EDIT-

-EDIT-

-EDIT-

PMC said:
See? I have the answer for you. directTV with Tivo. Records two things at once, and you can pay attention to the ones you should.

Wayne

PMC said:
See? I have the answer for you. directTV with Tivo. Records two things at once, and you can pay attention to the ones you should.

Wayne

PMC said:

Wayne

PMC said:

Wayne

PMC said:

Wayne

PMC said:

Wayne

@PMC

Do discussions of the relationship happen? Of course, they should. Are they inconvenient? Typically not. When one has 3 hours to watch TV or 3 hours to improve their relationship and they'd rather be watching TV then a discussion should be had. If you'd rather watch the A/Team I think it's best for your partner to find a new partner because your focus should be on what's most valuable to you. In this case it appears to not be your partner.

If there's something on TV you seriously can't miss find some techincal solution to delay your watching of the program. Digital Video Recorder, Newsgroup or Bit Torrent subscriptions might be a good idea. But if your partner is the most important thing in your life this shouldn't be necessary as the value in working on making the relationship successful should outweigh the value of your TV time.

That's my opinion...

@PMC

Do discussions of the relationship happen? Of course, they should. Are they inconvenient? Typically not. When one has 3 hours to watch TV or 3 hours to improve their relationship and they'd rather be watching TV then a discussion should be had. If you'd rather watch the A/Team I think it's best for your partner to find a new partner because your focus should be on what's most valuable to you. In this case it appears to not be your partner.

If there's something on TV you seriously can't miss find some techincal solution to delay your watching of the program. Digital Video Recorder, Newsgroup or Bit Torrent subscriptions might be a good idea. But if your partner is the most important thing in your life this shouldn't be necessary as the value in working on making the relationship successful should outweigh the value of your TV time.

That's my opinion...

Back