Georgia Guidestones go boom

redrumloa

Reaction score
While I don't condone its destruction by vandals, I find those most upset to be telling. Hopefully you can watch the video below. If the documentary they reference is accurate, it explains everything. The point I am referencing is near the end, but this is a short video. Let me know if you can't watch the FB video.

I'm against this sort of vandalism in general - that goes for confederate statues and everything. Those people that claim that history has to be taught while also erasing history are especially galling. I like the civil detritus that builds up, let's people see that there actually was a past, a time before now when people lived and built things, old statues, old buildings, old standing stones. They are like scars - every one has a story (that may or may not be true or accurate) and they aren't necessarily pleasant stories, but they are a reminder of a continuum. The Egyptians waged quite a few wars in their time, did a bit of conquering and colonising and even kept slaves but I don't see too much appetite for pulling down the pyramids.
The Guidestones are not the pyramids nor stonehenge but they were enigmatic and quirky. The vandals on both sides are guilty of the same crime and I'd hope they would be prosecuted the same.

Back