"God boy" quarterback beats "rapist" quarterback and throws a bible verse

actually that Mohamed feller started off as Cassius Clay before he was ali... and i seem to recall he made a big deal of his becoming a member of the nation of islam... name change and everything... quite a public spectacle... remembered as a legend... guess we'll see what history says about tbowe besides he aint that chokin in a pinch john elway... lol

I'm aware of it, but even with that knowledge I still think of him in terms of his boxing career rather than anything else, perhaps it's because it was so long ago and that I grew up with him as being Mohamed Ali, Mr floats like a butterfly stings like a bee. Could you imagine if he had tried it post September 11th? Look at the reaction to all things french when France gave the chimporer a {bleep} off tablet post his axis of evil speech.

Or just about anything written about Muslims by Dammy in this forum.

Or since Tebow was 9 out of 26 perhaps Daniel 9:26 applies

I'm aware of it, but even with that knowledge I still think of him in terms of his boxing career rather than anything else, perhaps it's because it was so long ago and that I grew up with him as being Mohamed Ali, Mr floats like a butterfly stings like a bee. Could you imagine if he had tried it post September 11th? Look at the reaction to all things french when France gave the chimporer a {bleep} off tablet post his axis of evil speech.

Or just about anything written about Muslims by Dammy in this forum.
Ali was an amazing performer and personality. That's how he did it. As I recall people found the Muslim thing sort of esoteric. They didn't understand it but Ali could carry anything off. If he said he was an alien from the planet Mars people would have accepted it

matthew 6:5...

absorb it however you'd like in whichever preferred version...

parallel7.gif

New International Version (©1984)
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
New Living Translation (©2007)
"When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get.

English Standard Version (©2001)
“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

International Standard Version (©2008)
"And whenever you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to stand in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they will be seen by people. I tell you with certainty, they have their full reward!

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
And when you pray, be not like the pretenders who like to stand in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets to pray, that they may be seen by the children of men, and truly I say to you, they have received their reward.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
"When you pray, don't be like hypocrites. They like to stand in synagogues and on street corners to pray so that everyone can see them. I can guarantee this truth: That will be their only reward.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

American King James Version
And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward.

American Standard Version
And when ye pray, ye shall not be as the hypocrites: for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have received their reward.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And when ye pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, that love to stand and pray in the synagogues and corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men: Amen I say to you, they have received their reward.

Darby Bible Translation
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites; for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets so that they should appear to men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

English Revised Version
And when ye pray, ye shall not be as the hypocrites: for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have received their reward.

Webster's Bible Translation
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues, and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Verily, I say to you, they have their reward.

Weymouth New Testament
"And when praying, you must not be like the hypocrites. They are fond of standing and praying in the synagogues or at the corners of the wider streets, in order that men may see them. I solemnly tell you that they already have their reward.

World English Bible
"When you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Most certainly, I tell you, they have received their reward.

Young's Literal Translation
'And when thou mayest pray, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites, because they love in the synagogues, and in the corners of the broad places -- standing -- to pray, that they may be seen of men; verily I say to you, that they have their reward.

i guess tbowe means douchebag in Aramaic... hahahahahaha!

Aiq6o.jpg

Afterall Jesus was from the middle-east, where they don't seem to watch very much US Football.

Matthew 6.5 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Matthew 5:16 "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Matthew 5 & 6 go together: Set a good example, but don't make a spectacle, lest you tarnish those good works with the stain of hypocrisy

Obviously you have been misled by reading the Bible without proper guidance

Set a good example, but don't make a spectacle, lest you tarnish those good works with the stain of hypocrisy

eh... not so much... my personal priest is nationally syndicated father mike scully of message from the top... two yrs of theology under his tutelage... p.s. poo cats suck!!

Back