I can't believe the news today...

Fox News says it's not the guns... it's those violent videogames.

Really now... Ever heard the term going Postal? It originated because in the 70s there were more then enough shootings at Post Offices. Why? Well, you see post 'Nam the USA had a policy for Vets to get Gov jobs. Often these were mail delivery jobs. Their untreated PTSD, combined with other things, caused a few to snap and shoot their co-workers. Being in the military, training to kill, and killing has got to be some of the most stress one could ever put upon a man. Even if it's their own choice, some are definitely NOT going to be the friendliest of characters post such tramatic events.

It's not the video games or the rock music. Here's one very recent study about Videogames do not make people more violent prone

Agreed on the going postal. Let me add however that today, the major news outlets are reporting that this poor fellow was in some (in my estimate) serious mental distress. He recently called police while on a business trip complaining that other people in his hotel were using microwaves to control him and that he was hearing voices. He was undergoing treatment but I wonder if it was too little, too late?

And now to (gladly) point the finger back at Senator Diane FrankenFinestein....

Shortly after this horrible shooting she of course called for more gun control as did that prat, Piers Morgan. I would also like to add that the news initially drummed up the specter of the "evil" AR15. What do we know today? It was a shotgun (Remington 870, brought into the building by the shooter) and two semiauto handguns, possibly taken from security guards as he entered the building.

How can it possibly be that in a city with some of the strictest gun laws in the United States along with the fact that the incident occurred on a military / government installation where only law enforcement can carry weapons (the public is disarmed) could this have occurred? Hmmm????? Obviously more gun control would solve this problem.... ;-)

Now if we want to revisit the issue of mental health...

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Society should do more to look after the mentally ill. It's atrocious at the VA so I cannot imagine what it may be like for Joe Public. :-(

yeah its been pretty bad there... i'm in the middle of a "death" transfer so i actually get to see a good deal of whats going on... nobody bothers hiding shit from me anymore... lol... story of my life... anyway LT i'm just wondering... who do you suppose should take care of them folks?

yeah its been pretty bad there... i'm in the middle of a "death" transfer so i actually get to see a good deal of whats going on... nobody bothers hiding shit from me anymore... lol... story of my life... anyway LT i'm just wondering... who do you suppose should take care of them folks?

That's a good question. To begin with, the VA has (in my opinion) failed to serve those who who served the country. I continue to be amazed at their backlog in patients as well as paperwork. A recent report on CBS news showed a regional documentation center with paper copies going back years, in spite of the current requirement for digital medical records. In fairness to the VA, their budget is constantly gutted, which is inexcusable in my opinion. Still, they were established to care for former soldiers so in this case, they should be beefed up to do their job.. and held accountable for their work. As for Joe Public, I would hope that each state would provide sufficient funds to help those in need but we both know that is rarely, if ever true. Here in Huntsville the local psych centers are very interactive with the public but they lack the funds to be as efficient as they should / could be.

Time to reconsider budgets.. federal and state.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Time to reconsider budgets.. federal and state.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

time to reconsider people too, my friend, for we can not and must not wait for the group collective to "rise up and be better men"... we were warriors first, and once, and we all know we can trust no man more than our brothers... i'll waste my days on that cause...

Agreed on the going postal. Let me add however that today, the major news outlets are reporting that this poor fellow was in some (in my estimate) serious mental distress. He recently called police while on a business trip complaining that other people in his hotel were using microwaves to control him and that he was hearing voices. He was undergoing treatment but I wonder if it was too little, too late?

How can it possibly be that in a city with some of the strictest gun laws in the United States along with the fact that the incident occurred on a military / government installation where only law enforcement can carry weapons (the public is disarmed) could this have occurred? Hmmm????? Obviously more gun control would solve this problem.... ;-)

Now if we want to revisit the issue of mental health...

Regards,
Ltstanfo

I want to know why he still had a security clearance ??

Since he has a security clearance, he will pass any background check for a gun purchase

I want to know why he still had a security clearance ??

Since he has a security clearance, he will pass any background check for a gun purchase

actually... you only think you want to know how that happened... if you knew "how", you would naturally see "how much" and "how often" it actually does happen... and you'd be upset to know the only way to fix it is with even more intergovernmental sharing of your personal stuff and every one else's .... i guess we could reopen the mental health facilities the republicans closed down in the 80's and 90's or just let cops keep having to shoot them in the streets... choice is ours... sadly we make a lot of bad ones as a group....

Back