Indisputable Proof Of Propaganda

PolitiFact Admits Bogus Facebook Fact Check After Candace Owens Challenges ‘False’ Rating

VICTORY: Far-Left Facebook "fact-checker" PolitiFact was forced to issue a correction after Candace Owens successfully challenged the "false" rating. Owens is suing Facebook for its phony fact-check system that silences and surpasses conservative content. “It is time to fact-check the fact-checkers,” said Owens. “I’m going to put these suckers through discovery and figure out what the relationship is that they have with Facebook.”

The only part of your initial post I took issue with is that it's "just another bad flu".
It isn't.
Flu, bad or not, generally doesn't leave a significant minority of sufferers with long-term debilitating illness.
Claiming it is "just another flu" is as much propaganda as anything else in the post and only undermines the point you are trying to make.

You can't usually agree with every single phrasing someone else says. Watch the video in particular. The wider point that the pandemic has been politicized to the extreme is valid.

Flu, bad or not, generally doesn't leave a significant minority of sufferers with long-term debilitating illness.

BTW, I believe I am one of those undiagnosed. Not sure if I mentioned here, but all the way back in January I has what I thought was the flu, but felt different. This was before Covid-19 was on my radar for the most part. I got over it, but here 10+ months later I still have a nasty cough. Long term lung damage is now considered one of the long term side affects. It's likely FAR too long to get the antibodies test to verify. That said, I'm supposed to be very high risk in at least a couple categories, but I'm still here.

The cure truly cannot be worse than the disease. It seems most if not all of us here have survived financially and mentally this year. Vast swaths of the population are not surviving.

It's likely FAR too long to get the antibodies test to verify.

Maybe not. An old university pal of mine had it in March. No symptoms other than loss of taste and smell. He still has antibodies (at least he did the day before yesterday when he messaged me).

A bad flu doesn't leave you unable to work for several months like C19 has with a close friend of mine.
OT update to this, she got in touch last night with an update. She has been diagnosed with what they're calling "Covid Pneumonia".
The good news is, they can treat it.
The bad news is, recovery time is anywhere between 3 and 18 months, and that's on top of the 3 months or so she has already had.
Horrible disease.

-EDIT-
Article in today's Guardian fits pretty well here:

Long Covid alarm as 21% report symptoms after five weeks

OT update to this, she got in touch last night with an update. She has been diagnosed with what they're calling "Covid Pneumonia".
The good news is, they can treat it.
The bad news is, recovery time is anywhere between 3 and 18 months, and that's on top of the 3 months or so she has already had.
Horrible disease.

-EDIT-
Article in today's Guardian fits pretty well here:

Long Covid alarm as 21% report symptoms after five weeks

You northern type people need to make sure you keep your vitamin D levels up. Even in summer it's hard to get enough sun (and anyone with dark skin will make even less) - and even the most translucent Scot makes no vitamin D after October at those latitudes. I suspect that people also aren't eating as much oily fish as they used to so - you gotta take your supplements! (Hopefully I'm preaching to the choir but a lot of people don't seem to know how important D is in regulating the immune response)

You northern type people need to make sure you keep your vitamin D levels up. Even in summer it's hard to get enough sun (and anyone with dark skin will make even less) - and even the most translucent Scot makes no vitamin D after October at those latitudes. I suspect that people also aren't eating as much oily fish as they used to so - you gotta take your supplements! (Hopefully I'm preaching to the choir but a lot of people don't seem to know how important D is in regulating the immune response)
Ha - some of that certainly applies to me and my unhealthy behaviour (especially the translucent bit) but not my friend. She is far more conscientious, eats well and tends not to indulge the myriad other bad habits that I do. That is perhaps partly down to her being a "southern type," at least as far as Glasgow is concerned. She's from Leeds, which is pretty close to your original latitude, I guess. She's also been very health and safety aware ever since I've known her (~20 years), but she's a radiographer and gets to see what happens to injured, ill and unhealthy people multiple times per day.

On the other side of that coin, I know of at least 2 people with far worse habits and no regard for their immune systems, who had it and made a complete recovery within a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
On the other side of that coin, I know of at least 2 people with far worse habits and no regard for their immune systems, who had it and made a complete recovery within a couple of weeks.
Health (and covid) is a bit random like that. Over the population, low D levels lead to worse outcomes statistically. Best option is still not to catch it though.

Best option is still not to catch it though.
Indeed, I'm doing my best not to catch it working in a building where there have been multiple positive cases (about 1 per week since September).

Squawking bird blows the whistle on fake video trying to tilt Ecuador election

An attempt to influence the Ecuadorian elections with a fake video purportedly showing leftwing guerrillas endorsing one of the candidates was thwarted by a ground-dwelling bird and a keen-eared ornithologist.

In the video, shared on social media before the election’s first round on Sunday, three masked and armed men stood before the red and black flag of the ELN – Colombia’s largest remaining guerrilla force – and expressed their support for the leftist candidate Andrés Arauz.

A caption at the foot of the screen described the setting as the “Colombian jungle”, but a shrill whistle from somewhere in the shrub gave the game away.

ELN supposedly supports Correa / Arauz. The scene where the pale-browed tinamou bird song is heard is the Tumbesian dry forest of western Ecuador.

The video purporting to show ELN support for the leftist candidate Andrés Arauz. Photograph: Manuel Sánchez/Twitter
“I recognised the whistle instantly and I knew that the video could not have been filmed in Colombia,” said Manuel Sánchez, an ornithologist and bird guide. He had identified the avian whistleblower as a pale-browed tinamou – which is not native to Colombia.

“Tinamous are quite primitive birds. They live on the forest floor and they don’t sing; they have short, inflected whistles,” said Sánchez. “It was just luck that this particular species lives in a very small and rare dry forest ecosystem in western Ecuador and north-west Peru.” Although the ELN have previously operated in northern Ecuador, there is no record of activity in those ecosystem areas.

Spelling mistakes, strange accents and unlikely weaponry further undermined the authenticity of the video, which emerged after the Colombian weekly magazine Semana claimed it had uncovered documents showing ELN support for Arauz. The ELN denies the claim and disavowed the video.

I'm sure it was all just an hones mistake :rolleyes:

Twitter ‘Mistakenly’ Censors Photos of Migrant Overflow Cells

Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe posted a video featuring a compilation of the photos to Twitter on Monday morning. The video was promptly hidden behind a filter claiming the content was “potentially sensitive,” requiring users with the sensitive content filter to click through the warning message in order to see it.

Back