It Looks Like Wayne just sold his Amiga 1000 and made a mint!

Wow! Now that's expensive for an A1000!

You probably know it's the wrong Wayne, but it's not our Wayne ;) It commanded that much because of the "Rejuvenator Board", which is an entire replacement motherboard that greatly update (for the time) the A1000. It's a very rare motherboard.

I *wish* it was me. I would use the proceeds to fund the new OneFinity CNC machine I'm craving but can't afford...

Wow! Now that's expensive for an A1000!

Jeez... You ain't kidding!! Over $2500 for an A1000 with nothing more than a Rejuvenator?

Wow... I wonder if I still have an A1000 tucked into the very back of my storage area. I honestly don't remember if I sold it years ago or not. I might have kept it on a lark, as I loved all the signatures in the top plastic.

Oh my how times have changed, today you can deck out your Amiga 1000 with beyond 68060 performance, SAGA graphics way beyond AGA, 16 Bit Audio, SD card support, Ethernet, USB and so much more! The high priced Rejuvenator looks like an ancient relic!

Very cool!

It really is. Not only do you get the fastest 68K Amiga out there, you also get the fastest 68k Atari ST and fastest 68k Mac out there. I'm talking native not emulation. I've not done much with Atari ST yet, but done quite a bit with Mac 68K. I forget the proper term. People call it emulation in casual conversation, but it isn't. It's configuring the hardware to run native. The old school among us probably remember the early 68k Mac "emulators" for the the Amiga that ran faster than the same original Mac with the same CPU.

Back