Logic

really excellent video - and not just because it has great points related to the Apollo missions

I discovered this youtube channel a couple of months ago

I'm posting this for all the non-Americans here. I frankly was somewhat surprised. Many of these people are eloquent and rational. I can't say if this makes any difference in the election, but it's interesting, none the less.

This is how Americans (didn't) vote in 2016. That very large Green section just stayed home.
I early voted last Monday of last week and I'm curious to see how the percentage of voting goes this yearcare.jpg

This is how Americans (didn't) vote in 2016. That very large Green section just stayed home.
I early voted last Monday of last week and I'm curious to see how the percentage of voting goes this yearView attachment 1917
Starting to give a sh*t about whether we get a demented puppet of the established plutocracy, or a totalitarian blowhard? Can't we just vote to sue them both?

I'm a Bernie supporter so I don't like the status quo anyway

the good news is that WAY more people voted this time - that's good.
more young people registered to vote.

Justice Department and FBI News Conference on Investigation Into Capitol Attack
Officials from the Justice Department and FBI brief reporters on the latest developments in the federal investigation into the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by supporters of President Drumpf, which resulted in the deaths of five people.

I've been wondering the same but I wonder how easy it is for such "good apples" to speak up or step up.

A similar question was being asked about Czech society yesterday, after a footballer was banned for 10 matches for racism during a European club game. Many of his team mates, his club manager, the Czech international manager, Czech media and a number of Czech politicians have come out defending the the racism to one extent or another, with one senior politician claiming the Czech public agree with him. On top of this his club had been running a "some of my friends are black" style PR campaign for weeks, in tandem with a healthy dose of victim blaming, while fans of his club targeted the victim with racist banners and torrents of racist abuse on social media.
All of this prompted some to suggest Czech society itself is racist. I don't think it is and I'm sure the majority of Czechs abhor the idea of black people being told, "you're a f*cking monkey".
But they've been conspicuously quiet, much like the "good apples" Noah refers to in the video clip.

My guess is peer pressure plays a part. It's not easy to be the one to stick your head above the parapet when so many around you are utter cunts.

My guess is peer pressure plays a part. It's not easy to be the one to stick your head above the parapet when so many around you are utter cunts.
yes, that's part of it. But I've also come to realize that at least in the US many people who are Privileged simply don't realize it. I think in 2021 it should be almost impossible to be that blind, but for some it is.

I think I really started to realize in the 1990's that as far as how the police treat me - a "white" female - I really am Privileged.
I've had maybe three encounters with police in my Entire life (how many black/brown people can say THAT?).
And each time I was treated with respect. They were ALL about "Protect and Serve".

But if I had been Hispanic. black AND male, I would have been treated very poorly.

I get treated nicely because cops look at white females and think, "Meh", this one is no trouble. You can see it in their faces.

I seriously think that those of us with some amount of Privilege really need to acknowledge that and talk about it publically.

He proved that voter fraud is virtually nonexistent in our state. He achieved that by fiercely striving to prove the opposite.
A college student filled out an absentee ballot for her home state before voting months later in Kansas, both times for Trump. Steve Watkins, a former Republican congressman, was charged with three felony voting offenses and got off with diversion.
Complete balderdash; everyone knows it's only Democrats that who commit voter fraud! :lol:

Back