Long forgotten movie classics

It flopped on release, but became somewhat of a cult classic. In case you haven't seen it, it is a fun movie! I love it!

FYI, do not bother watching any of the sequels, they are beyond rancid.

If you ask someone if they like the original "The Thing", they will reference the 1982 John Carpenter movie. The true original is the 1951 Howard Hawks movie. Just watched it yesterday and it is still pretty good given the mostly lack of special effects at the time. I enjoyed it.

If you ask someone if they like the original "The Thing", they will reference the 1982 John Carpenter movie. The true original is the 1951 Howard Hawks movie. Just watched it yesterday and it is still pretty good given the mostly lack of special effects at the time. I enjoyed it.

I've been meaning to get around to watching this for years but haven't managed it yet. Your endorsement might finally push me over the line. Maybe even tonight, if I can talk her-indoors into it. :D

I've been meaning to get around to watching this for years but haven't managed it yet. Your endorsement might finally push me over the line. Maybe even tonight, if I can talk her-indoors into it. :D

The pacing is very slow by modern standards, just be ready for that. Otherwise I think you'll enjoy it.

Just watched it and can't believe it took me so long as it was even better than I'd hoped. So thank you for the nudge.

As an aside, the last lines of the film were sampled in an old (1991) electronic track that has bit of sentimental value for me:
"Tell this to everybody wherever they are, watch the skies. Everywhere. Keep looking. Keep watching the skies."

It's used throughout but you can hear a bit of it at 2:07-2:27.

Back